Private tourist guide in Machu Picchu mountain
About this tour
- Start: At the entrance gate to Machu Picchu.
- Tickets: Does not include entry to Machu Picchu.
- Duration: Approximately 5 hours.
- Type of service: Private service (schedule chosen by the tourist).
- Tourist attractions to visit: Machu Picchu and Machu Picchu mountain.
- Tour guide: Staff of professional guides trained in the Machu Picchu mountain.
- Languages: Spanish, English, Portuguese or other languages.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Take the challenging hike to Machu Picchu mountain accompanied by a professional tour guide. The service requires the ‘Machu Picchu + Mountain’ entrance ticket. The guide will accompany you on your route through the mountain, the most difficult hike within Machu Picchu. The hiking route takes approximately 2 hours 30 minutes ascent and approximately 1 hour 30 minutes descent. From the top you have a spectacular panoramic view of the entire archaeological site. The guide is a professional with experience in hiking routes. The tourist can choose the guide in Spanish, English or another language.
This is the experience
- Private Machu Picchu mountain tour guiding offers an adventurous but completely safe experience with the company of a professional tour guide. The service is private, that is, the guide will accompany the tourist along with their group of friends, family or partner. The walk begins with a short tour of Machu Picchu that includes the classic photo of the Guardian’s House. The ascent route to the top takes 2 hours 30 minutes on average. There you can get beautiful photographs of Machu Picchu. The descent takes approximately 1 hour 30 minutes. The private tour guide service ends at the exit gate of Machupicchu.
Machu Picchu Tour Map
- One day before the ‘Private tourist guide in Machu Picchu’ service, the tourist will receive the visit from the tourist in the lobby of their hotel in the town of Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Pueblo). There you will receive all the necessary information (briefing) for your adventure in Machu Picchu and the Machu Picchu mountain.
- Otherwise, the service begins with the tourist meeting at the Machu Picchu train station (if the visitor arrives on the same day).
- Next, the guide will accompany you on the bus trip (30-minute route) from the town of Aguas Calientes to the entrance gate of Machu Picchu (bus ticket not included).
- The tour guide will accompany you to the Guardian House sector where you can get your classic photo. Then you enter the Machu Picchu mountain.
- The walk is arduous as you ascend hundreds of stone stairs. During the route the guide will provide you with information about the flora and fauna of Machu Picchu. He will also be in charge of providing security during the route.
- The ascent walk takes approximately 2 hours 30 minutes. In the end you reach the top from where you have beautiful landscape views of Machu Picchu. The guide will help you get the best photographs of the place.
- At the top of the Machu Picchu mountain the guide will be able to tell you the history of Machu Picchu, its importance, main constructions and more.
- The way back, always in the company of the professional guide, is along the same path, but downhill, so the section is easier. The journey will take approximately 1 hour 30 minutes.
- The guide will accompany the visitor to the exit door of Machu Picchu where the service concludes. Optionally, the visitor may re-enter Machu Picchu to do short circuit 4.
- If required, the tour guide can provide you with information about restaurants in Machupicchu town or how to board the train back to Cusco.
- Visit the Machu Picchu mountain in private tour guide service (in Spanish, English or another language).
- Service date change option.
- Service cancellation option.
- Briefing or informative talk 1 day before the service (in the town of Aguas Calientes).
- Machupicchu + Mountain Entrance.
- Train or bus ticket.
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothing for temperate climates (pants, polo shirt, windproof jacket).
- Trek shoes.
- Extra pole.
- Hat for sun protection.
- Passport or identity document.
- Photo camera.
- Snacks and rehydrating drinks.
- Identity document or passport.
- Suitable backpack.
Where does the service start and end?
- The ‘Private tourist guide in Machu Picchu mountain’ service begins with the tourist meeting the professional guide at the entrance gate of Machu Picchu (the tourist chooses the time).
- The service ends at the exit gate of Machu Picchu after 5 hours of guiding through the Machupicchu mountain.
Can I suffer from altitude sickness in Machu Picchu?
- Altitude sickness occurs in mountainous regions that exceed 2,400 meters above sea level. Machu Picchu is located at 2,430 meters above sea level while the top of Machu Picchu mountain is at 3,082 meters above sea level. Therefore, it is possible to feel slight symptoms of altitude sickness (fatigue, nausea, headache, etc.).
- However, these symptoms do not present acutely in Machu Picchu. Prior acclimatization of 2 or 3 days is recommended in high altitude regions such as the city of Cusco.
The private service
- This service is ‘private’, that is, it is intended only for a tourist and their personal group of friends, partner or family. The opposite is the group service of tourists from different origins using the same language.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the private tour guide service on Machu Picchu mountain?
The private tour guide service in Machu Picchu mountain lasts 5 hours on average.
What language is the private tourist guide in Machu Picchu mountain?
The private tourist guide is for the visitor, his group of family, friends or partner in Spanish, English, Portuguese or another language according to the visitor’s choice.
Who are the guides included in this service?
The private tour guide service includes professional guides trained in Machu Picchu and Machu Picchu mountain. The guides know its history, constructions and main points to get excellent photographs.
Does the tour include a visit to Machu Picchu?
The service includes private tourist guidance through the Machu Picchu mountain. Does not include the visit to the short lower section (circuit 3) of Machu Picchu.
How to pay for the private tour guide service to Machu Picchu mountain?
You can pay for the private tour guide service to Machu Picchu mountain through our payment form by sending 100% of the value of the service. Payment methods are any credit or debit card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal.
How can I cancel the private tour guide service on Machu Picchu mountain?
To cancel the private tourist guide service on the Machu Picchu mountain, you only have to send a simple request to email@example.com. The request is sent 3 days in advance as the latest deadline. The cancellation penalty is 25% of the value of the service (refund of 75% of the total amount).
Does the service include admission?
No, the private tourist guide does not include the ‘Machu Picchu + Mountain’ entrance or transportation ticket.