In Peru you can do many activities, but especially adventure sports. This is thanks to the presence of the Andes Mountains that generates a varied geography and in the variety is the ideal for each of the travelers. Apart from having beautiful mountains and very high snow-capped peaks, Peru organizes multi-day hiking trips for adventure lovers, but this does not stop here, you can do other activities such as canoeing, surfing and more. But also, Peru opens its doors for people who wish to carry out simpler activities or simply take walks through simple mountains, parks or easily accessible lagoons. There are also people who want to try the most exotic of places both in gastronomy and cultural experiences. Here you will find detailed information on all these places and experiences that you will need to learn more about Peru. Join us!
Recommendations of articles on adventure sports and other activities in Peru
Trek in the Colca Canyon
The Colca Canyon is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Peru. It is located 160 kilometers by road from the city of Arequipa. Although it is possible to visit its viewpoints directly…
Adventure sports in Arequipa
Arequipa is famous for fascinating tourist attractions such as the Colca Canyon, the Misti Volcano, the Santa Catalina Monastery, the Salinas y Aguada Blanca National Reserve and more. In addition to these destinations…
Best treks in Peru
The spectacular Peruvian geography is the perfect setting for hiking trails. Most of them take place in the immense mountains of the Andes Mountains. Even some of these adventures…
Incredible sports in Lima
Lima is Peru’s capital. As it has the only international airport, all visitors to the country arrive there. Some spend a few days in the city and then visit other regions of the country…
Free walks in Cusco
Cusco is one of the favorite tourist destinations for lovers of hiking trails. The most famous route is definitely the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. However, this 4-day trek can only be…
Cusco for the whole family
Cusco is home to different spaces to visit, some of the best-known archaeological remains require a long trip or long walks, which not everyone can access. It is for this reason that we want…
7 viewpoints of Arequipa
Arequipa is a region in southern Peru that offers incredible views of mountains, beaches, canyons, and more. Perhaps the most famous viewpoint of all is that of Yanahuara and Cruz del Cóndor. The first allows you to appreciate the city…
What are the adventure sports that can be done in Peru?
Peru has a vast extension that will allow everyone who steps on Peruvian soil to enjoy it. It is that the activities of Peru can not only be limited to the archaeological sites, but it is an option to exercise, in this sense the need arises to show all the sports that you can also do in Peru. Nature is so diverse in Peru that it is conducive to carrying out different activities. Next, let’s get to know some of the main adventure sports that you can do in Peru:
- Andinismo: The mountains that make up the entire Cordillera de los Andes that crosses the center of Peru, create rocky peaks that make this adventure sport possible.
- Trekking: This activity is one of the most popular in Peru due to the special 4-day route known as Los Caminos del Inca, a hiking route that takes you to Machu Picchu. In addition, there are other routes that are ideal for mountain lovers.
- Adventure cycling: This activity is one that is growing. It is because the practice is really safe and in the tours that include this activity, they have the necessary safety equipment for the activity.
- Rafting: Most of the rivers in Peru descend from the highest snow-capped peaks, cross a large part of the Peruvian territory and in some cases provide rapid water for canoeing in all its difficulties.
- Sandboarding: In Peru you can find extensions of deserts, especially on the coasts of central and southern Peru. In this place we can do this adventure sport. The dunes in Peru are ideal for descending at full speed.
- Paragliding: The high rocks make this activity possible for those who want to recharge their body with adrenaline. You can find these activities in Cusco, Lima, Arequipa and more.
- Surf: This water sport is one of the most popular on the north Peruvian coasts. Besides, the waves of Peru are recognized by experts in this sport as one of the best in the world. Best of all, you will find waters that will allow you to learn or become a world champion.
These are some of the adventure sports that you can find. Here you will find information on all the places, prices, locations and ways to get there.
One of the best beaches for surfing in Peru is located in Piura. Cabo Blanco Beach is quite popular worldwide for the perfect tubes that form waves up to 3 meters high. It is an ideal beach to strengthen the skills of anyone who practices this sport.
In Peru can I find places for the whole family?
Yes, there are tours designed to travel with children, with the elderly and with a partner. In case you do not find these tours in the travel agencies, we will leave you some recommendations so that you can inform yourself and share an experience in Peru with your friends, family or partner. You will find these destinations in all regions of Peru, currently roads and paths are being improved so that the parks and archaeological sites can be visited by all people.
In Peru, you can easily reach archaeological sites and explore them without any problem. An example of this is the wonder of the world Machu Picchu. Similar destinations are in Kuelap or Manu, it is also possible to visit churches, museums, attractions that are in the same city. We will also recommend restaurants, hotels and shopping places. All this in order to make your trip to Peru easier.
What other activities can I do in Peru?
Apart from taking some walks, hiking in the mountains, extreme sports, you can do other activities because of the natural wonder that Peru has. These activities are:
- • Birdwatching.
- • Photography.
- • Mountain climbing.
- • Diving.
- • Experiential tourism.
- • Artisanal workshops.
- • Natural coffee preparation workshops.
- • Visit craft fairs.
- • Dance classes. artistic exhibitions.
- • Social service.
- • Swimming.
- • Many more activities.
Is it safe to walk through the cities of Peru?
Yes, but as in any city it is good to be careful with our belongings. Especially if we have a lot of backpacks or have special photography equipment or other valuables. Always try to be discreet, carry little cash. Another recommendation is that you do not frequently take out your cell phone or be distracted. In Peru unfortunately we do not have the best drivers. As we usually recommend, if it is the first time you arrive in Peru, we recommend that you make your trip under a tourist agency or, failing that, avoid a little beyond the sites or destinations that you planned in your itinerary.
The essential thing is to use common sense and avoid being trusting. If you have any questions or think we can talk about a specific topic, we invite you to write to: Info@machupicchuterra.com, We will be happy to communicate with you, answer your questions and especially, give you the best vacation of your life.