Last revision on December 22, 2021
Terms and Conditions
This document regulates the purchase conditions of the various tours of Machu Picchu, Cusco and Peru on the web portal machupicchuterra.com.
- Conditions of service
- About the purchase process
- Payment conditions
- About tours
- About data changes and modifications
- Modifications of tours that do not include Machu Picchu
- Modifications of tours that do include Machu Picchu
- About cancellations and refunds
- Cancellations of tours that do not include Machu Picchu
- Cancellations of tours that do include Machu Picchu
- Information confidentiality
- Release of liability
- This document has the character of a contract.
- The Client, by taking the services of Machu Picchu Terra, accepts the present terms and conditions.
- No other agent at MACHU PICCHU TERRA has the ability to modify, restrict or extend the terms of this contract.
- MACHU PICCHU TERRA. Brand and virtual platform of MACHU PICCHU TERRA SRL, Travel and Tourism Agency is a tourism agency authorized by the Ministry of Culture of Peru with registration MA0473.
- CLIENT. Natural or legal person that takes the various tourist services of MACHU PICCHU TERRA.
Conditions of service
- The Machu Picchu Terra web portal (machupicchuterra.com) offers various all-inclusive tours to different destinations in Peru including Cusco and Machu Picchu.
- Machu Picchu Terra, will deploy its best efforts to keep you informed and meet the Client’s requirements with the greatest security and efficiency possible.
- The virtual platform of Machu Picchu Terra provides various means of contact to maintain adequate communication with the Client.
- Machu Picchu Terra on its web platform, in the Tips section, contains a large amount of very useful information for the Client about the different tourist attractions of Cusco and Peru.
About the purchase process
- The Client can use the Machu Picchu Terra virtual platform from anywhere in the world to make their reservation via the internet.
- To make the purchase of any of our services, it is imperative that the Client handles an email, which will receive the reservation format, payment invoice and the entrance tickets in digital format. In addition, email is the main means to clarify queries and solve any conflict that may arise.
- To carry out the purchase process, the Client must fill out the reservation form available on our website. To complete the required fields of the reservation form, the Client must do so with the data that appear in an official and valid identification document of their place of origin, for example: Passport, DNI, personal identification documents, foreigners’ meat, etc. .
- Once the reservation is sent, the information is verified and a payment format will be generated, depending on the payment method that is chosen. Once the client has made the payment for the entire amount issued, Machu Picchu Terra will proceed to send the receipt by email. This is the end of the purchase process.
- The Client should only appear at the meeting place with the other tourists on the day of their visit.
- Machu Picchu Terra shows its prices and promotions on our website.
- The Client can pay for their reservation through the following means: Payment system: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal.
- Payment must be made 100% online.
- Machu Picchu Terra has at your disposal, the office phones (51) 84 207064 or WhatsApp (51) 982 108 083 for any questions. You can also write to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will gladly assist you.
- Once the payment of the Client has been made, a receipt of payment with the details of the tourist service purchased will be sent to the email that he or she provided.
- Once the Client has received their receipt, they must verify that the data (date of visit, names, passport number or identity document, etc.) are correct.
- The tours offered on our web platform cover the entire Peruvian territory, highlighting the various tours through Cusco including Machu Picchu.
- All tours are organized by professionals in the tourism sector. They all have change and cancellation policies that we detail in this document.
About data changes and modifications
- Machu Picchu Terra only makes changes and / or modifications to the tours and tourist services offered on this website.
- Changes and/or modifications to a tour can only be made once. After a change has been made, no further modifications can be made.
- The transfer of a tour from the Client to another user proceeds with the same penalties mentioned above, according to the time of anticipation with which the transfer request is submitted.
- The data entered erroneously by Machu Picchu Picchu Terra, may be rectified at no cost and in a unique way, at the request of the Client.
- Machu Picchu Terra is not responsible for the data entered erroneously by the Client, these may be rectified by paying the penalties indicated above.
- Changes and/or modifications of data are attended from Monday to Saturday during office hours (9:00 am – 6:00 pm).
- To request a tour change, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Modifications of tours that do not include Machu Picchu
- To make changes and / or modifications of data for these tours that do not include Machu Picchu (such as: names, number and type of identity documents, and date of entry); a penalty must be paid, as appropriate:
- 10% penalty, if the request is submitted up to 3 days of the tour date.
- The only tours that do not include Machu Picchu and that do not allow changes or modifications are: the Inti Raymi Full Day Tour and its variants as well as the Choquequirao trek 4 days and its variants.
Modifications of tours that do include Machu Picchu
- All tours that include Machu Picchu (including multi-day treks) do not allow changes of any kind. It is recommended to organize the date and details of the tour in the best way before the tour.
About cancellations and refunds
- Machu Picchu Terra will only make cancellations and refunds of tours and tourist services purchased on our platform.
- The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu tour of 4 or 2 days is a route that the Ministry of Culture of Peru does not allow cancellation after purchase. Consequently, the cancellation of the tour by the Client cannot be made.
- The refund is made through the same means by which the payment was made. Due to the rules of the payment gateways (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, etc.); the money will arrive in your bank account in approximately 1 month.
- To request the cancellation of the tour, you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations of tours that do not include Machu Picchu
- All tours that do not include Machu Picchu (with the exception of the Inti Raymi tour) do allow cancellations and refunds with the following penalty:
- Penalty of 25% (refund of 75% of the value of the tour), if the request is submitted up to 3 days from the date of visit.
- The only tours that do not include Machu Picchu and that do not allow cancellations and refunds are: the Inti Raymi tour and its variants.
- The 4-day Choquequirao tour and its variations do allow cancellations with the following penalty:
- Penalty of 20% (refund of 80% of the value of the tour), if the request is submitted up to 15 days from the date of visit.
- The cancellation of the tours proceeds only at the request of the Client and in writing by email to email@example.com.
Cancellations of tours that do include Machu Picchu
- All tours that include Machu Picchu (including treks with the exception of the Inca Trail tour) do allow cancellations and refunds with the following penalty:
- Penalty of 50% (refund of 50% of the value of the tour), if the request is submitted up to 5 days from the date of visit.
- The tourist packages that include Machu Picchu and that have a duration of 5 days or more, do allow cancellations and refunds with the following penalty:
- Penalty of 70% (refund of 30% of the value of the tour), if the request is submitted up to 20 days before the date of visit.
- Machu Picchu Terra ensures the confidentiality of the data entered by the Client when making their reservation, of the data provided in the payment transaction and of the documents sent to our email. These will be used solely and exclusively for the purchase of the tour on behalf of the Client before the Ministry of Culture of Peru.
Release of liability
- Machu Picchu Terra is not responsible if the data provided by the Client is not the same as the passport or identity document.
- Machu Picchu Terra has no control over weather events, natural disasters or social conflicts that could prevent your arrival at the starting point of the tour. In these situations, changes and cancellations are governed by our Terms and Conditions.
- Machu Picchu Terra, is not responsible for the deterioration, partial or total loss of your luggage.
- Machu Picchu Terra, is not responsible for the transit of the Client within the archaeological sites they visit, which must be protected and cared for at all times.
- Machu Picchu Terra, is not responsible for delays of the Client at the time of making your tour.
- The Client who cannot make his tour and does not communicate in a timely manner, or carry out any procedure, will lose all rights to his service, and no refund will be made by Machu Picchu Terra.
If you have any complaint or claim about the services provided by Machupicchu Terra, go to our Claims Book section.