Last revision on December 22, 2021
Terms and Conditions
This document regulates the purchase conditions of the various tours of Machu Picchu, Cusco and Peru on the web portal machupicchuterra.com.
- Conditions of service
- About the purchase process
- Payment conditions
- About tours
- About data changes and modifications
- About cancellations and refunds
- Information confidentiality
- Release of liability
- This document has the character of a contract.
- The Client, by taking the services of Machu Picchu Terra, accepts the present terms and conditions.
- No other agent at MACHU PICCHU TERRA has the ability to modify, restrict or extend the terms of this contract.
- MACHU PICCHU TERRA. Brand and virtual platform of MACHU PICCHU TERRA SRL, Travel and Tourism Agency is a tourism agency authorized by the Ministry of Culture of Peru with registration MA0473.
- CLIENT. Natural or legal person that takes the various tourist services of MACHU PICCHU TERRA.
Conditions of service
- The Machu Picchu Terra web portal (machupicchuterra.com) offers various all-inclusive tours to different destinations in Peru including Cusco and Machu Picchu.
- Machu Picchu Terra, will deploy its best efforts to keep you informed and meet the Client’s requirements with the greatest security and efficiency possible.
- The virtual platform of Machu Picchu Terra provides various means of contact to maintain adequate communication with the Client.
- Machu Picchu Terra on its web platform, in the Tips section, contains a large amount of very useful information for the Client about the different tourist attractions of Cusco and Peru.
About the purchase process
- The Client can use the Machu Picchu Terra virtual platform from anywhere in the world to make their reservation via the internet.
- To make the purchase of any of our services, it is imperative that the Client handles an email, which will receive the reservation format, payment invoice and the entrance tickets in digital format. In addition, email is the main means to clarify queries and solve any conflict that may arise.
- To carry out the purchase process, the Client must fill out the reservation form available on our website. To complete the required fields of the reservation form, the Client must do so with the data that appear in an official and valid identification document of their place of origin, for example: Passport, DNI, personal identification documents, foreigners’ meat, etc. .
- Once the reservation is sent, the information is verified and a payment format will be generated, depending on the payment method that is chosen. Once the client has made the payment for the entire amount issued, Machu Picchu Terra will proceed to send the receipt by email. This is the end of the purchase process.
- The Client should only appear at the meeting place with the other tourists on the day of their visit.
- Machu Picchu Terra shows its prices and promotions on our website.
- The Client can pay for their reservation through the following means: Payment system: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal.
- Payment must be made 100% online.
- Machu Picchu Terra has at your disposal the office telephones (51) 84 583037 for any questions. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will gladly assist you.
- Once the payment of the Client has been made, a receipt of payment with the details of the tourist service purchased will be sent to the email that he or she provided.
- Once the Client has received their receipt, they must verify that the data (date of visit, names, passport number or identity document, etc.) are correct.
- The tours offered on our web platform cover the entire Peruvian territory, highlighting the various tours through Cusco including Machu Picchu.
- All tours are organized by professionals in the tourism sector. They all have change and cancellation policies that we detail in this document.
About data changes and modifications
- Machu Picchu Terra only makes changes and / or modifications to the tours and tourist services offered on this website.
- The modification of data is requested with a minimum anticipation of 72 hours before the date of visit.
- To make changes and / or modifications of data in our tours (such as: names, number and type of identity documents, and date of entry); a penalty must be paid, as applicable:
- Penalty of 35%, if the application is submitted 3 – 5 days before the date of entry.
- Without penalty, if the application is presented 6 – 10 days before the date of entry.
- The 1-day Machu Picchu tour has a different penalty due to the various tickets that it includes and that need modification.
- 3 – 5 days before the tour start date: 40% penalty on the initial payment amount.
- 6 – 10 days before the tour start date: 30% penalty on the initial payment amount.
- 11 days or more before the tour start date: 20% penalty on the initial payment amount.
- The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu tour of 4 or 2 days is a route that the Ministry of Culture of Peru does not allow to modify after purchase. Therefore, no modifications can be made by the Client.
- The change and / or modifications of a tour can only be made once. After a change has been made, no further modifications can be made.
- The transfer of a tour from the Client to another user proceeds with the same penalties mentioned above, depending on the anticipation time with which the transfer request is submitted.
- The data that have been entered in an erroneous way by Machu Picchu Terra, may be rectified at no cost and in a unique way, at the request of the Client.
- Machu Picchu Terra is not responsible for the data entered incorrectly by the Client, these may be rectified by paying the aforementioned penalties.
- Changes and / or modifications of data are attended from Monday to Friday during office hours (from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.).
About cancellations and refunds
- Machu Picchu Terra will only make cancellations and refunds of tours and tourist services purchased on our platform.
- Cancellations are requested by email at least 72 hours before the date of the visit. Last minute cancellations are not accepted.
- The cancellation of the tours comes only at the request of the Client and in writing by email. The distribution of the cancellation is as follows:
- Customer refund: 65% of the amount paid.
- Penalty: 35% of the amount paid.
- The 1-day Machu Picchu tour has a different cancellation penalty due to the various tickets it includes.
- Customer refund: 50% of the amount paid.
- Penalty: 50% of the amount paid.
- The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu tour of 4 or 2 days is a route that the Ministry of Culture of Peru does not allow you to cancel after purchase. Consequently, the Client cannot cancel the tour.
- The refund of the cancellation will be made within a maximum period of up to 48 hours before the date of the tour. The refund is made through the same means by which the payment was made.
- Machu Picchu Terra ensures the confidentiality of the data entered by the Client when making their reservation, of the data provided in the payment transaction and of the documents sent to our email. These will be used solely and exclusively for the purchase of the tour on behalf of the Client before the Ministry of Culture of Peru.
Release of liability
- Machu Picchu Terra is not responsible if the data provided by the Client is not the same as the passport or identity document.
- Machu Picchu Terra has no control over weather events, natural disasters or social conflicts that could prevent your arrival at the starting point of the tour.
- Machu Picchu Terra, is not responsible for the deterioration, partial or total loss of your luggage.
- Machu Picchu Terra, is not responsible for the transit of the Client within the archaeological sites they visit, which must be protected and cared for at all times.
- Machu Picchu Terra, is not responsible for delays of the Client at the time of making your tour.
- The Client who cannot make his tour and does not communicate in a timely manner, or carry out any procedure, will lose all rights to his service, and no refund will be made by Machu Picchu Terra.
If you have any complaint or claim about the services provided by Machupicchu Terra, go to our Claims Book section.