Information is always important, knowing some details of the trip to follow helps to better plan any itinerary of activities. With the information at hand you can find new options and even visit beautiful places that very few know or dare to visit. We will never tire of mentioning that Peru is a special country. There is a great variety of climates, languages, tourist destinations and cultures. National identity in Peru is difficult to understand or establish, precisely because of all the diversity that comprises it. Each region has a special destination, but it also hides jewels that we will mention here, at least so that you take them into account during your visit to Peru. You will also have access to information on archaeological sites, colonial buildings, natural attractions, restaurants, hotels, experiences and more. Join us!
Recommendations of articles on information for your trip to Peru
How to get to Cusco?
Cusco is one of the most famous tourist destinations on the planet. Its main attraction, without a doubt, is Machu Picchu. The Inca city alone receives more than 1.5 million visitors a year. To get there you must…
What to visit in Cusco in 1 day?
Cusco is a destination that offers numerous tourist attractions. Some of the most famous are: Sacsayhuaman, Coricancha, Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, the Humantay lagoon, the 7 colors mountain and, of course…
What tourist attractions are there in Lima?
Contrary to what many people think, metropolitan Lima offers several tourist attractions for its citizens and tourists. From pre-Inca archaeological sites to modern constructions, the ‘City of the…
When to visit Lima?
Lima is a beautiful city to be visited all year round. However, due to its varied weather, each month can offer a different experience. Its climate can be divided into four different seasons…
The 8 best tours of Arequipa
Arequipa is one of the best tourist destinations in Peru. There you can visit incredible tourist attractions such as the Colca Canyon, the Pillones waterfall, the Imata stone forest, the Misti volcano…
The main tourist sites of Lima
The department of Lima is home to different tourist attractions that are highly visited by local and foreign people. In the same city, the Cathedral, the Huaca Pucllana, the Park of Legends, the Sanctuary…
Machupicchu with university discount
If you plan to visit Machu Picchu without a tour, yes or yes you must buy your ticket online and in advance. University students can make their purchase with a special discount if they have their card…
Why travel to Peru?
Peru is one of the most spectacular destinations in South America, it is not only rich in history, but it is conducive to doing an infinite number of activities that can connect you with nature or with the most modern buildings. In recent years this popularity has been growing, because upon reaching Peruvian territory, the options to visit do not stop multiplying. Let’s start by mentioning the great biodiversity that it houses throughout its territory.
- The Amazon: In this place are hidden the mysteries of life. This is not just a metaphor, it is a way of understanding all the biodiversity that was found and can be found in this place. For the moment we will only mention that it is home to a large number of endemic birds. One of them is the beautiful cock of the rocks, a colorful bird that beautifies the jungle. It is also possible to find mammals, large snakes and a wide variety of wild flora.
- The Andes: This territorial sector is in charge of showing the most colorful landscapes, an example of the particularity of the Andes is the Mountain of 7 Colors or Vinincunca, which in recent years has also been visited by tourists from various parts of the world. In the Andes you can also find lakes and lagoons. The high mountains of the Cordillera de los Andes is also in charge of forming the rivers and therefore the vast valleys.
- The Coast: The options to visit the coasts of Peru are also multiple. For some the best is on the southern coasts and for others there is nothing better than surfing on the southern coasts. Both options are valid if you choose the right date to visit them. Throughout the coast you can find the perfect destination if you choose well.
- History and culture: In Peru you can find more than 60 archaeological sites and different museums that narrate the details of humanity in this part of the world. Among these destinations, one of the wonders of the world stands out: Machu Picchu and its sister Choquequirao. There are other destinations on the coast and in the Peruvian jungle. Peru is really a destination that should be included in your travel options.
- Gastronomy: For 5 consecutive years, Peru was considered the best culinary destination in the world according to the World Travel Awards (WTA), an award given to the best tourist destinations around the world. It is that the different cooking techniques enhance the flavor of the Andean inputs.
Ceviche is the flagship dish of Peru, It began with the first settlers of the Peruvian coasts, according to some studies. Today it is still a delight of flavors. Depending on the region where it is prepared, it changes its garnishes.
Travel on your own
Traveling on your own is not always a good option. This type of travel can be cheaper and at the same time more interesting. Interesting in the sense that you have the time and the itinerary that best suits you, in this way you can stay in the places you like for much longer. All this is fine if you do not have a specific return date or do not want to return to your place of origin for a long time.
However, you must always be careful, especially on long journeys. It may be the case that you probably arrive and cannot find transportation to get around or some similar thing. These trips require more time, because you will have to find transportation, lodging and again transportation to go to the place you want or to return to your hotel. If you already have experience in the place you will visit, it is an excellent idea to travel on your own.
Travel with a tourist agency
One of the best ways to travel to a place you don’t know or it’s the first time you travel, is through tourist agencies. They will better organize your trips and allow you a worry-free tour and help you with hotel reservations, transportation and entrance tickets to the places you want to visit. However, it will be important that you contact agencies that provide you with security and confidence, both in care and in payment methods. Here you will find the necessary information in case you want to travel with an agency or on your own.
What will I find in Peru?
In Peru you will find different destinations to visit, from high-altitude mountains and snow-capped peaks, paradisiacal beaches and huge rivers where you can navigate in the Peruvian jungle. Another essential attraction within Peru is the exquisite gastronomy. There is a wide variety of dishes, desserts and drinks. Each of the regions of Peru will surprise you with natural and organic inputs. Finally you will find the cordiality of the people, who despite the political and economic difficulties of the country manage to smile and try to get ahead.
Remember that we are a tourist agency that favors communication and flexibility with our travelers. If you have any questions or want information about a specific place or situation, do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org