Lamas Tour in the San Martín jungle All Inclusive
About this tour
- Start: Pick up from the door of your hotel in Tarapoto at 3 in the afternoon.
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes (Half Day).
- Tourist attractions to visit Lamas Main Square, medieval castle and Barrio Huayco.
- Tour guide: Professional guide during the tour.
- Tickets (included): All entrance tickets are included in the tour.
- Type of transport: Complete tourist transportation throughout the tour.
- Optional: Visit to the Chanca museum (9 additional soles per person).
- Payment methods: Visa, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal, MasterCard.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Enjoy one of the most beautiful tourist attractions in the San Martín region. The ‘Lamas in the San Martín jungle’ tour departs from the city of Tarapoto, located just 20 kilometers or 30 minutes away by road. In Lamas the visitor can see its famous medieval castle built in 2005 by the Italian businessman Nicola Felice and worked in stone by local residents. The castle offers a stunning landscape of the Amazon rainforest. In addition, the tour includes a visit to the traditional neighborhood of Waycu Lamas, an ancestral Quechua-Amazonian town, which preserves many of its traditions. The tour includes everything: pick up from the hotel (in Tarapoto), complete tourist transportation, professional guide and entrance fees.
This is the experience
- The Lamas tour in the San Martín jungle begins with the pick-up of the tourist from their hotel in Tarapoto at 3 in the afternoon. Aboard a tourist transport you travel to the town of Lamas (located 30 minutes away). There you visit its recently built medieval castle, from which you can get incredible photos. Then it’s time to get to know the neighborhood of Waycu Lamas, of Quechua-Amazonian heritage. The entire tour is with a professional guide. The tour ends with the challenge to the city of Tarapoto at approximately 6:30 in the afternoon. The tour includes everything: pickup, transportation, guide and tickets. Does not include food.
- The tour begins with the pick-up of the visitor from the door of their hotel in the city of Tarapoto. Pick-up is at 3 in the afternoon (it is recommended to be ready 10 minutes before so that pick-up is quick).
- Then we will board a modern tourist transport to travel for 30 minutes (approximately 20 kilometers) from Tarapoto to the city of Lamas.
- The city of Lamas is known as the ‘Folklore Capital of the Peruvian Amazon’. It is famous for being located on a plateau with three natural floors, from 310 to 920 meters high. The lower part of the city is inhabited by residents who are heirs of a tradition such as the Hanan Chancas, the Pocras and the Waykus.
- The first tourist destination that we will visit in the city of Lamas will be its castle. Lamas Castle, although apparently dating from medieval times, was only built in 2005 as the home of Italian businessman Nicola Felice. However, today it is open to tourism due to its splendid style, its interior decoration and its unbeatable views.
- The tour guide will provide details to the visitor about the history behind the construction of Lamas Castle. Optionally (for an extra cost of 9 soles) you can visit the Chanca museum.
- Then we will visit the neighborhood of Waycu Lamas or simply Wayku, a population of Quechua-Amazonian heritage that has maintained its traditions and culture for hundreds of years. There the visitor will discover their artisan products in the main square of the neighborhood. Optionally you can bring souvenirs.
- After learning more about the history of the city of Lamas, we will board the tourist transportation to travel back (30 minutes each way) to the city of Tarapoto. The tour ends at the door of the visitor’s hotel at 6:30 in the afternoon.
- Pick up from the hotel door in Tarapoto at 3 in the afternoon.
- Tourist transportation service for the entire service.
- Professional tour guide service.
- Entrance ticket to Lamas Castle.
- Return to the door of your hotel in the city of Tarapoto.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Tour date change option.
- Visit to the Chanca museum (optional).
What to bring?
- Appropriate clothing for hot weather in Lamas of 25ºC, such as: shorts, sneakers, polo, cap.
- Hat (or cap) to protect yourself from the sun.
- Mosquito repellent (important).
- Passport or identity document.
- Photographic camera.
- Snacks and rehydrating drinks.
- Identity document or passport.
- Cash (for purchases of snacks, drinks or souvenirs).
Where does the tour start and end?
- The Lamas tour in the San Martín jungle begins with the pick-up of the tourist from the door of their hotel in Tarapoto at 3 in the afternoon.
- The tour culminates with the tourist’s return to the door of the hotel in Tarapoto at 6:30 in the afternoon.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- The city of Lamas is at 809 meters above sea level, in the Peruvian Amazon jungle (San Martín region). At this altitude there are no symptoms of altitude sickness.
Group or private services
- Do you want to take the Lamas Tour in the San Martín jungle All Inclusive in private service? Contact email@example.com or (+51) 982 108 083.
Why visit Lamas?
The city of Lamas in the jungle of the San Martín region is famous for being located on a plateau with three natural floors, from 310 to 920 meters high. The lower part of the city is inhabited by residents who are heirs of a tradition such as the Hanan Chancas, the Pocras and the Waykus. Its main tourist attraction is the Lamas castle, with a medieval appearance but which was built in 2005 by the Italian businessman Nicola Felice.
How much does the entrance to Lamas Castle cost? Is it included in the tour?
The entrance ticket to Lamas Castle costs 6 soles for adults and 3 soles for children. Visiting hours are Monday to Sunday from 9 am to 6.30 pm. The ticket is already included in the tour.
What is the schedule of the Lamas tour in the San Martín jungle?
The Lamas tour in the San Martín jungle All Inclusive lasts 3 hours 30 minutes. It starts at 3 pm and ends at 6.30 pm.
How to cancel the Lamas tour in the San Martín jungle?
The Lamas tour in the San Martín jungle All Inclusive does offer the possibility of cancellation and refund. The penalty is 25% of the tour value. The refund is 75% of the total amount. The request is via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last deadline to request it is 5 days before the start of the tour.
How to change the date of the Lamas tour in the San Martín jungle?
The Lamas tour in the San Martín jungle All Inclusive does offer the possibility of changing the date or the people taking the tour. The penalty is 10% of the tour value. The request is via email to email@example.com. The last deadline to request it is 5 days before the start of the tour.
How is payment made for the Lamas tour in the San Martín jungle?
Payment for the Lamas tour in the San Martín jungle is made online with the payment form on the website. Payment is made by sending 100% of the value of the service. Payment methods are safe and fast, with any card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal.
Does the tour include a visit to the Chanca museum?
No, the visit to the Chanca museum in the Lamas castle is optional for a cost of 9 Peruvian soles. The museum shows the history of the city through exhibitions, statues and products of its inhabitants such as coffee, tobacco, etc.
Is the Lamas tour in the San Martín jungle available all year round?
Yes, the tour is available every day of the year, except in exceptional cases of protests or natural disasters.