City Tour Tarapoto Half Day with All Inclusive
About this tour
- Start: Pick up from the visitor’s hotel in the Tarapoto tourist center.
- Duration: 3 hours (half a day).
- Tourist attractions to visit Tobacco factory, chocolate factory, Urkus animal reserve.
- Tour guide: Professional tour guide service.
- Tickets (included): All entrance tickets included.
- Type of transport: Complete tourist transportation service.
- Payment methods: Visa, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal, MasterCard.
- Does not include food.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Get to know the color, culture and nature of the city of Tarapoto, known as ‘City of Palm Trees’ as it is located in a tropical geography with many of these trees everywhere. The tour allows you to learn how two of its most popular products are manufactured: cigarettes and chocolate. In addition, it allows a brief tour of an ecological lodge where dozens of characteristic species of the Peruvian Amazon live. The tour lasts 3 hours: from 9 in the morning to noon. It includes everything necessary for a safe and high-quality visit: pick-up from the hotel in Tarapoto, complete tourist transportation, professional tour guide service and entry ticket to all tourist attractions. Enjoy Tarapoto!
This is the experience
- Enjoy the best of the city of Tarapoto through an all-inclusive half-day City Tour. The service begins with pickup from your hotel at 9 in the morning. Then, there is a trip to an artisanal cigar factory. We will learn about the production of these famous products. Then we will visit a chocolate factory made with Amazonian cocoa. We will be able to taste the products awarded for their quality. Finally we will visit the Urkus animal reserve where jungle species remain in captivity and are later reintroduced to their natural habitat. The tour ends with return to your hotel at approximately noon.
- The Tarapoto City Tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist from the door of their hotel in the city center. For hotels located outside this perimeter, a meeting point will be coordinated in the city.
- Then, aboard a tourist transportation, we will travel to the Tabacalera del Oriente artisanal cigar factory, where we will experience a guided tour of its facilities. There, with the company of a professional guide, we will learn the entire manufacturing process of these cigars made with Amazonian tobacco. In the end, optionally, we can purchase some products.
- After this we will continue with the trip to the La Orquídea chocolate factory where we will learn about the entire process of making delicious Amazonian chocolates, made with one of the best cocoas in the world. During the explanation we will be able to taste different chocolate products and, optionally, we will be able to purchase delicious chocolates or chocolate-derived products.
- The last tourist destination we will visit will be the Urkus Animal Reserve, a project that seeks to recover animals in captivity that were mistreated. We will be able to interact and get excellent photographs of monkeys, sloth bears, parrots, macaws, toucans, rodents, felines and more.
- Finally, we will board the tourist transportation to return to the center of the city of Tarapoto. The tour concludes with return to the visitor’s hotel at approximately noon.
- Pick up from the door of your hotel in the city of Tarapoto.
- Tourist transportation service throughout the tour.
- Professional tour guide service.
- Entry ticket to all tourist attractions visited.
- Return to your hotel in the city of Tarapoto.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Tour date change option.
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothing suitable for tropical temperatures of 28ºC. approximately.
- Hat (or cap).
- Identity document or passport.
- Photographic camera.
- Snacks and rehydrating drink.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The Tarapoto City Tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist from the door of their hotel in the city center at approximately 9 in the morning.
- The tour culminates with the visitor returning to the door of their hotel in the city of Tarapoto at approximately noon.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- The city of Tarapoto is located in the Amazon jungle of Peru, at an altitude of 356 meters above sea level. That is, in this geography no symptoms of altitude sickness occur.
- Altitude sickness or soroche is a disease specific to geography above 2,500 meters above sea level.
Group or private services
- Do you want to take the Tarapoto City Tour in private service? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (+51) 982 108 083.
Where is the city of Tarapoto?
The city of Tarapoto is located in the northeastern Amazon region of Peru. It belongs to the province and region of San Martín. It is located in the low mountainous jungle, at an altitude of 356 meters above sea level.
What are the tourist attractions included in the Tarapoto City Tour?
The tour includes a visit to the Tabaquería del Oriente tobacco factory, the La Orquídea chocolate factory, as well as the Urkus animal reserve, all located in the same city of Tarapoto.
What is the schedule of the City Tour Tarapoto? What time does it start and what time does it end?
The tour starts at 9 in the morning and ends at noon. That is, it lasts 3 hours (half-day service).
Can I cancel the Tarapoto City Tour?
Yes, the cancellation of the City Tour Tarapoto is made by requesting it to email@example.com, with a last deadline of 5 days before the date of the tour. Cancellation has a penalty of 25% of the total value of the tour (the refund is 75% of the total cost of the service).
Can I make modifications to the City Tour Tarapoto if I have already made the payment?
Yes, the change of date or owners of the City Tour Tarapoto is made by requesting it to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a last deadline of 5 days before the date of the tour. Making modifications has a penalty of 10% of the total value of the tour.
How can I make the payment for the Tarapoto City Tour?
The Tarapoto City Tour can be purchased through the payment form on the Machupicchu Terra website. You just have to complete the necessary personal information and pay 100% of the tour value using cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal.
Is the Tarapoto City Tour available all year round?
Yes, this tour is available all year round, including Sundays and holidays.
What is the weather like in the city of Tarapoto?
The city of Tarapoto has a warm tropical climate with abundant rains in January, February and March, as well as clear sunny days in June, July and August. The maximum temperature can reach 34ºC. while the minimum temperature can drop to 18ºC.