ATV tour of Maras and Moray half day
About this tour
- Start: At 8 in the morning at the door of your hotel.
- Duration: 6 hours.
- Type of transport: Wide minivan, fully equipped ATV.
- Tickets included (no queues): To the platforms of Moray and the salt mines of Maras.
- Tour guide: Trained in driving an ATV. Knowledge of English and Spanish (shared service).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Go on an incredible adventure on a quad bike through the most beautiful landscapes of Cusco, including the circular terraces of Moray and the famous salt mines of Maras. The tour includes easy training in the handling of the ATV as well as all the safety equipment. Throughout the tour, in addition to Maras and Moray, you will be able to appreciate the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas such as the Chicón and Verónica snow-capped mountains.
This is the experience
- Get to know the most beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas driving your own ATV. Start the trip with transportation to the town of Cruz Pata, the starting point where the guide will give you a simple ATV driving class. Then we will go as a group aboard their respective ATVs touring the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, such as the Chicón and Verónica snow-capped mountains. First you will visit the circular terraces of Moray, a set of agricultural terraces that the Incas built many years ago. Today it is one of the most photographed places due to its scenic beauty. Next, visit the Maras salt mines, a group of salt wells created naturally hundreds of years ago. Finally we will return to the starting point in a quad bike.
Tour Maras, Moray in ATV
Price per person
- At around 8 am we will pick you up from the door of your hotel (only for hotels located in the historic center of the city) to transfer you to the town of Cruz Pata (the journey takes a little less than 1 hour).
- In the town of Cruz Pata the tour guide will give you a simple class on how to maneuver the ATVs. After approximately 30 minutes of preparation, we will begin the tour through the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas such as the Chicón and Verónica snow-capped mountains.
- The first ATV route takes approximately 45 minutes. Our first destination will be the circular platforms of Moray, a set of concentric platforms made by the Incas many years ago. Each platform floor has its own micro-climate. Thus the Incas managed to cultivate various products at various altitudes.
- After visiting Moray we will return by ATV along the same route (45 minutes on average) to the Cruzpata sector. There we will board the tourist minivan that will take us to the famous salt mines of Maras.
- The Salineras de Maras are a set of up to two thousand natural salt wells formed hundreds of years ago. We will know how the salt was exploited by the Incas and how the current community members of the place continue to do it. We will also get to know the famous pink salt, one of the few that exist in the world and that is in Maras.
- Finally we will return in our tourist transport to the city of Cusco. The tour ends at the tourist’s hotel in Cusco or in a central square of the city, at around 2 pm.
- Pick up from the door of the tourist’s hotel.
- Single or double ATV (not to exceed 150 kilos).
- Quad bike driving training.
- Safety equipment.
- Entrance tickets to all sites.
- Transportation in comfortable and safe full minivan.
- Tour guide service in English and Spanish.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring?
- Raincoat in case of rain.
- Comfortable clothes (preferably sports).
- Comfortable shoes for walking.
- Hat and sunscreen.
- Photographic camera.
- Cash for handicrafts and other extra expenses.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the tourist’s pick-up at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at some central place in the city, such as a square.
- The tour ends at the tourist’s hotel in Cusco or in a central square of the city, at around 2 pm.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before your visit.
- To reduce the symptoms, try to acclimatize one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking coca leaf infusions (a natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I have to know how to drive an ATV to do the tour?
The tour includes a quick ATV driving lesson by a specialized guide. Therefore, it is not necessary to know how to drive to take the tour.
Is the tour dangerous?
No. The ATV tour is on flat roads where there are no dangers. No tourist has suffered an accident on the route. In addition, the tour includes protective equipment and first aid service.
Is the tour recommended for children?
Younger children can go on an ATV accompanied by their father, mother or an older person. Teenagers can drive their own ATV under the supervision of their father or mother.
What month of the year is the best to do the tour?
According to experts who have already visited, the months from April to December are the best, since there is little chance of rain during that time of year. January, February and March are the rainiest months, although it is also possible to do the tour. Any time of the year is good for this adventure!