Bike tour around Maras and Moray Full Day with all inclusive
- Make an incredible bicycle adventure through the most beautiful landscapes of Cusco, including the circular platforms of Moray and the famous salt mines of Maras. The tour includes all the safety equipment as well as bikes ideal for the route through the mountains. During the entire tour, in addition to Maras and Moray, you will be able to appreciate the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, such as the snowy Chicón and Verónica. You will also know the town of Urubamba and others.
About this tour
- Transport type:
Equipped for the mountains.
- Tickets included (no queues):
To the Moray platforms and the Maras salt mines.
- Tourist guide:
Trained in cycling. Knowledge of English and Spanish (shared service).
At 8 in the morning at the door of your hotel.
- Payment methods:
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Free cancellation up to 72 hours before the start of the activity.
So is the experience
- Get to know the most beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas pedaling. The journey begins with transportation to the town of Cruz Pata, the starting point where we will descend to ride our bikes. Then we will go in a group through the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, such as the snowy Chicón and Verónica. After a little over 1 hour we will arrive at the Moray archaeological site, a set of agricultural terraces that the Incas built many years ago. Then we will continue pedaling downhill towards the famous salt marshes of Maras, a set of natural salt wells that emerged from the land many before the Incas. At a point on the route we will stop to recharge with a nutritious box lunch.
- We will pick you up from the door of your hotel (only for hotels located in the historic center of the city) to transfer you to the town of Cruz Pata (the journey takes just under 1 hour).
- In the town of Cruz Pata, the tour guide will give us a brief talk before each one gets on their respective bike. Then we will start the bike tour through the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. On the way we will appreciate the imposing snowy Chicón and Verónica as well as the cultivated fields and the traditional towns of the place.
- After more than 1 hour of pedaling on straight tracks, we will arrive at our first destination: the circular platforms of Moray, a set of concentric platforms made by the Incas many years ago. Each platform floor has its own micro-climate. Thus the Incas managed to cultivate different products at different altitudes.
- After visiting Moray we will continue the bicycle route to the famous salt mines of Maras, a group of up to two thousand natural salt wells formed hundreds of years ago. We will know how salt was exploited by the Incas and how the current community members of the place continue to do so. We will also get to know the famous pink salt, one of the few that exists in the world and that is in Maras.
- Before continuing with the route, we will make a stop to recharge with a nutritious ‘box lunch’. Then, together with the group and the tour guide, we will continue our march towards the famous town of Urubamba, the capital of the province and one of the most beautiful in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. This route will also be downhill.
- Finally, in Urubamba the large minivan will wait for us to return to the city of Cusco.
- Pick up from the door of the tourist’s hotel.
- Mountain bike.
- Safety equipment.
- Entrance tickets to all sites.
- Box lunch.
- Transport in a comfortable and safe full minivan.
- Tourist guide service in English and Spanish.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring
- Poncho in case of rain.
- Comfortable clothing (preferably sports).
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Hat and sunscreen.
- Photographic camera.
- Cash for crafts and other extra expenses.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at a central location in the city, such as a plaza.
- The tour ends at Plaza Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most hotels and tourist restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce symptoms, try to acclimatize yourself one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking infusions of coca leaf (natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at email@example.com.