Private tourist guide in the South Valley of Cusco
About this tour
- Start: At the door of your hotel in the city of Cusco (approximately 8 am).
- Duration: Approximately 6 hours.
- Type of service: Private tour guide service.
- Tourist attractions to visit: Tipón, Piquillacta, Andahuaylillas church.
- Tour guide: Professional private service in Spanish, English or another language.
- Not included: Transportation, tickets.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Optional: Complete tourist transportation.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Are you visiting Cusco and don’t know what places to visit? The South Valley of Cusco is one of the best options as it includes historical tourist attractions such as the archaeological site of Tipón, the archaeological site of Piquillacta and the church of Andahuaylillas. The tour guide is a certified professional with extensive knowledge of these tourist attractions. The guidance can be done in Spanish, English, Portuguese or another language. The service begins at the door of your hotel at approximately 8 am and also ends in the city of Cusco at approximately 2 pm. Does not include tourist transportation or entrance to tourist attractions (these are purchased in the same place).
This is the experience
- The ‘Private tourist guide in the South Valley of Cusco’ offers a relaxed and interesting experience through the archaeological sites and religious temples in the south of the Cusco region. The service begins with the meeting with the tourist at the door of their hotel in Cusco at 8 am on average. The tourist destinations to visit depend on the visitor, but are recommended: the archaeological site of Tipón, the archaeological site of Piquillacta and the church of Andahuaylillas (also called the Sistine Chapel of America). In addition, you can optionally visit the town of Oropesa or Rumicolca. The service does not include tickets or tourist transportation. The service ends with the return to Cusco at approximately 2 pm.
Guided Map South Valley Cusco
- The ‘Private tourist guide in the South Valley of Cusco’ service begins with the pick-up of the tourist at the door of their hotel in the city of Cusco. The tourist can choose the time but the most recommended is that the pick-up is at 8 am.
- The service does not include the tourist transportation service, but, optionally, the visitor can add transportation to all the tourist attractions of the South Valley.
- The first tourist attraction to visit will be the archaeological site of Tipón. This Inca archaeological complex is famous for its canals and water sources, an Inca work that lasts to this day.
- Optionally, the visitor can choose a stop along the route to take beautiful photos. It is recommended to stop in the town of Oropesa to taste some of the best Cusco breads made in a traditional oven.
- The next tourist destination to visit will be Piquillacta, an immense citadel built before the Inca era, by the Wari culture (450 AD and 1000 AD). There tourists will be able to see its beautiful adobe streets, its buildings of up to two floors and more.
- After visiting Piquillacta, optionally, the visitor will be able to visit Rumicolca, an Inca building with a pyramidal style from where you can get fantastic photographs.
- Further south by tourist transport you arrive at the town of Andahuaylillas, small but which has a beautiful church popularly called ‘the Sistine Chapel of America’, for its beautiful baroque interior decoration. There the visitor will be able to see works of art of great historical value.
- On the way back to Cusco, tourists can request stops in the beautiful landscapes such as the Huacarpay lagoon. The guide will be able to help you with photos and information about the best restaurants and shops in Cusco.
- The service ends with the return to the hotel or a central square in the city of Cusco at approximately 2 pm.
- Tour guide service for the tourist attractions of the South Valley of Cusco: Tipón, Piquillacta, Andahuaylillas and more.
- Service date change option.
- Service cancellation option.
- Cusco Tourist Ticket (70 soles for foreigners and 40 soles for Peruvians).
- Entrance to the Andahuaylillas church (15 soles).
- Tourist transportation service (optional to add to the service).
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothing for temperate climates (pants, polo shirt, windproof jacket).
- Comfortable slippers.
- Extra pole.
- Hat for sun protection.
- Passport or identity document.
- Snacks and rehydrating drinks.
- Identity document or passport.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The ‘Private tourist guide in the South Valley of Cusco’ service begins with the tourist meeting the professional guide at the door of their hotel in the city of Cusco at approximately 8 am. The service ends with the return to the door of the visitor’s hotel in the city of Cusco at approximately 2 pm.
Can I suffer from altitude sickness in Machu Picchu?
- The city of Cusco is located in the heart of the Andes Mountains, at an altitude of 3,399 meters above sea level, so it is possible that the visitor suffers some symptoms of soroche, such as: fatigue, headache, nausea, etc.
- One or two days of prior acclimatization in Cusco or the Sacred Valley of Cusco is recommended. This will reduce the symptoms of mountain sickness.
Tourist guiding in private service
- Private tour guiding is intended for a tourist or their group of friends, partner or family. The available languages are several: Spanish, English, Portuguese, French, Italian and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the tourist attractions that can be visited on the private guide through the South Valley of Cusco?
The service allows you to discover the tourist attractions of the South Valley of Cusco, such as: Tipón, Piquillacta, Andahuaylillas and more. And all with the company of a professional tour guide!
How much do tickets to the tourist attractions in the South Valley of Cusco cost?
Entry to Tipón and Andahuaylillas are included in the Cusco Tourist Ticket for a cost of 70 soles (foreigners) or 40 soles (Peruvian). The entrance to the Andahuaylillas church costs 15 soles.
Is transportation included in the service?
No, the service only offers the company of a professional tour guide. However, the tourist transportation service, optionally, can be reserved through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does the service include any type of food?
No, the service only offers professional tourist guidance. It does not offer any type of food.
Can I change the date of the tourist guide through the South Valley of Cusco?
Yes, the date of visit or the names of the members of the service are allowed by sending a simple request to email@example.com. The request is sent 3 days in advance as the latest deadline (the penalty is 10 percent of the value of the service).
And how do I pay for the tourist guide through the South Valley of Cusco?
To make the payment for the private tourist guiding service in the South Valley of Cusco, you must complete the necessary information for the service. Sending money is online (100% of the value of the service) with any type of credit or debit card Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal.
Can I cancel the date of the tour guide through the South Valley of Cusco?
Yes, the tourist guide service through the South Valley of Cusco can be canceled by requesting it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The request is sent 3 days in advance as the latest deadline. The penalty is 25 percent of the value of the service.
How long does the private tour guide service through the South Valley of Cusco last?
The service time is chosen by the tourist but it is most recommended that the pick-up be at 8 am and the end of the service at 2 pm.