Tour to the Inca Bridge of Q’eswachaka + 4 Lagoons Full Day
About this tour
- Start: Between 4:30 and 5:30 a.m. at the door of your hotel.
- Duration: 12 hours.
- Tickets included (no queues): To all tourist attractions.
- Type of transport: Large full equipment minivan.
- Feeding. Breakfast and lunch buffet.
- Tour guide: Knowledge of English and Spanish (shared service).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Learn how the Andean people live in one of the most traditional communities of Cusco, where the last Inca suspension bridge, the Q’eswachaka bridge, is located. The tour includes everything necessary for a comfortable and pleasant trip: full round trip transportation, entrance to all sites, professional tour guide service as well as breakfast and lunch buffet. Visitors will also get to know the beautiful Andean landscapes, including the 4 lagoons circuit, the Pabellones volcano viewpoint, the Yanaoca volcano, the Combapata viewpoint and more.
So is the experience
- Visit the famous Q’eswachaka bridge, the last Inca suspension bridge. The trip begins with the pick up of the visitor at the door of the hotel (between 4.30 and 5.30 in the morning). Then we start a journey through the mountains of Cusco where you can enjoy beautiful landscapes. On the way we will stop for breakfast in the village of Cusipata. Finally you will arrive at the community of Q’ewe, where the Inca bridge is located. After learning more about the bridge in the company of the tour guide we will start our return trip but first we will go up to the viewpoint of Combapata where we will appreciate four lagoons, with its beautiful landscapes. On the route we will also appreciate tourist attractions such as the viewpoint of the Pabellones volcano, the Yanaoca volcano, the viewpoint of Combapata and more. Finally, we will enjoy a buffet lunch in Cusipata and return to Cusco.
Inca Bridge Tour of Q’eswachaka + 4 Lagoons
- Between 4:30 and 5:30 a.m., we will pick you up from the door of your hotel (only for hotels located in the historic center of the city) to transfer you to the village of Q’ewe, located almost 3 hours away. During the trip, we will stop in the village of Cusipata to enjoy a buffet breakfast.
- After recharging our batteries, we will continue the route through high mountains with beautiful landscapes such as the viewpoint of Combapata, Pampamarca, the volcano of Pabellones and the volcano of Yanaoca.
- Then we will continue to the community of Q’ewe, the place where the Incas built the famous Q’eswachaka bridge. Together with our tour guide we will learn more about this historic place, its annual renovation process by the local people and we will even have the opportunity to cross it.
- After visiting the bridge, together with our tour guide, we will go to the viewpoints of Combapata to enjoy the beautiful scenery offered by the four lakes: Pampamarca, Asnacqocha, Acopía and Pomacanchi.
- Afterwards, we will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch in Cusipata.
- Finally, we will board our tourist transport to go to the city of Cusco. The arrival point will be a central square, close to most hotels and restaurants.
- Pick up from the door of the tourist’s hotel.
- Transport in a comfortable and safe full minivan.
- Tourist guide service in English and Spanish.
- Breakfast and lunch buffet.
- Entrance tickets to all sites.
- First aid kit.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring
- Raincoat in case of rain.
- Comfortable clothing (preferably sports).
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Hat and sunscreen.
- Photographic camera.
- Cash for crafts and other extra expenses.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at a central location in the city, such as a square.
- The tour ends at Square Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most hotels and tourist restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce symptoms, try to acclimatize yourself one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking infusions of coca leaf (natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galeria Imagenes Puente Inca de Q’eswachaka
What day of the year is the renovation of the Queswachaka bridge celebrated?
Every year, the first week of June (the main festival is Sunday) the works and celebrations for the renovation of the Queswachaka bridge are carried out. The people of Quehue and all the neighboring peasant communities participate. Tourists are also invited.
Is the tour dangerous?
No. The Queswachaka Bridge tour is very safe. Crossing the bridge is safe too. In addition, the tour guides have first aid knowledge.
Can I suffer from altitude sickness?
All people who are not used to high altitude mountainous geographies can feel the symptoms of altitude sickness (nausea, fatigue, headache). The Queswachaka Bridge is at 3,700 meters above sea level (12,139 feet elevation).
Can I cross the Queswachaka Bridge?
Yes. The entrance to the Queswachaka bridge is controlled by the local population who charge tourists the sum of 10 PEN to cross it. Of course, you have to have courage to get to the middle of a suspension bridge made of ropes that usually moves with the wind.