Tour of the city of Cusco Half Day (morning or afternoon shift)
About this tour
- Start of morning shift: Between 8.30 am and 9 am at the door of your hotel.
- Afternoon shift start: Between 12.30 pm and 1 pm at the door of your hotel.
- Tickets included (no queues): To all archaeological sites.
- Duration: 5 hours.
- Type of transport: Spacious minivan full equipment.
- Tour guide: In English and Spanish (shared service).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
City tour Cusco economical option!
Choose the Economic City Tour option. This tour has a lower cost and includes a visit to Coricancha, Sacsayhuamán, Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay. It does not include the visit to the Cathedral of Cuzco. The tour offers all the services such as pick up from the hotel, official tour guide and professional guide. It does not include tickets, which must be purchased in the same place. The entrance to the Coricancha costs 15 PEN. The entrance to the other archaeological sites costs 70 PEN for foreigners and 45 PEN for Peruvians. Take advantage of!
- Visit the city of Cusco considered the ‘navel of the world’ by the Incas. Get to know its main archaeological constructions such as Sacsayhuaman, Coricancha, the Cathedral and more. The tour includes all entrance tickets, full transportation, and tour guide service. The City Tour is the best way to start the trip!
This is the experience
- Visit the main tourist attractions of the city of Cusco: The Cathedral, the Coricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay. The trip includes tour guide service and full transportation. Visit mysterious constructions that few tourists know about. Enjoy free time in each of the places to learn a little more about the treasures of the city of Cusco.
Cusco City Tour – SHARED SERVICE
Price per person
|City Tour all included||47 USD||39 USD|
|Economic City Tour||10 USD||10 USD|
City Tour – PRIVATE SERVICE
|Number of passengers||2||3||4||5||6to more|
|Price||100 USD||80 USD||70 USD||65 USD||60 USD|
- Start the tour with the pick up from the door of your hotel between 8:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. (between 12.30 p.m. and 1.00 p.m. for afternoon shift). Visit the Cathedral of Cusco, located just in front of the square, in the company of the tour guide. There you will discover the colonial and religious treasures of gold and silver that the most important church in the city still hides.
- Together with the tour guide we will advance a few blocks to the famous Coricancha temple, the most important of the Inca empire. There they will tour the best worked constructions and the temples of the sun, the moon, the stars and more.
- Then the whole group will board the transport in a minivan to go to the Sacsayhuaman fortress where they will visit the immense walls made of rocks weighing up to 120 tons. How did the Incas shape these stones?
- Again the tourist transport will take you to Pucapucara where you will visit the platforms that probably served as a place of Inca military defense.
- A few steps from Pucapucara, you will visit the archaeological site of Tambomachay, an enclosure that served as a resting place and baths for the Inca. The tour guide will accompany you in this and all the archaeological sites.
- During the return they will visit one of the textile centers of Cusco, where they will be able to learn the process of weaving and dyeing traditional garments. They can also buy these garments made of alpaca or baby alpaca.
- Return to Cusco. The tour ends in the center of the city of Cusco at 2 pm for the morning shift and 6 pm for the afternoon shift.
This is the itinerary of the Economic City Tour
The Economic City Tour has the same itinerary as the all-inclusive City Tour except for the visit to the Cathedral of Cusco. It begins with a visit to the Coricancha. Then you travel and see the Sacsayhuamán fortress, the Qenqo temple, the Pucapucara archaeological site and the Tambomachay temple. The tour does not include the entrance ticket to each of these tourist attractions, so the cost is cheaper.
Differences City Tour Cusco: classic and economical
In Machupicchu Terra we offer a diversity of prices according to the Cusco City Tour of your choice. Learn about the differences and similarities between each of these services:
All Inclusive City Tour
Economic City Tour
|Start time||From 8.30 am to 9 am (Morning Shift) / From 12.30 pm to 1 pm (Afternoon Shift)||From 9.30 am (Morning Shift) / 1.30 pm (Afternoon Shift)|
|End time||2 pm (Morning Shift) / 6 pm (Afternoon Shift)||2 pm (Morning Shift) / 6 pm (Afternoon Shift)|
|Tourist attractions to visit||Cusco Cathedral, Coricancha, Sacsayhuamán, Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay.||Coricancha, Sacsayhuamán, Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay.|
|Transport||Minivan full equipment included||Minivan full equipment included|
|Tour guide||Shared service (Spanish and English) included||Shared service (Spanish and English) included|
|Tickets||All tourist attractions included||Not included: Coricancha 15 PEN / Archaeological sites 70 PNE foreign and 40 PEN|
|Price||47 USD||10 USD|
- Comfortable and safe complete transportation.
- Tour guide service in English and Spanish.
- Tickets to all sites.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring?
- Passport (or identity document).
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable shoes for walking.
- Hat and sunscreen.
- Cash for handicrafts and other extra expenses.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist at the door of his hotel in the center of Cusco. Between 8.30 am and 9 am for the morning shift. And between 12.30 pm and 1 pm for the afternoon shift.
- The tour ends in the center of the city of Cusco (or at the tourist’s hotel) at 2 pm for the morning shift and at 6 pm for the afternoon shift.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before your visit.
- To reduce the symptoms, try to acclimatize one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking coca leaf infusions (a natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does the tour include the Cusco Tourist Ticket?
Yes. The Cusco Tourist Ticket, which includes admission to all the tourist attractions of the City Tour, is already included in the service.
Does the economic tour include the Cusco Tourist Ticket?
No. The Cusco Tourist Ticket, which includes admission to Sacsayhuamán, Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay; must be purchased during the tour itself. It costs 70 PEN for foreigners and 40 PEN for Peruvians.
Is it true that the Coricancha was more important than Machu Picchu for the Incas?
The Coricancha was the main temple in honor of the sun. It is located in the city of Cusco. It is the most important religious site in the entire Inca empire. Even more important than Machu Picchu for the Incas.
Can I do the City Tour on the first day of the trip?
Yes. The City Tour is a half-day tour of the tourist attractions of the city of Cusco. There are no walks. It is a good option to start the trip to Cusco and Machu Picchu. Most tourists take this tour on the first day of their trip.
What language is the tour guide service in?
The tour guide service is included in the tour in the languages of Spanish and English. To hire a tour guide in another language, you must book a City Tour, a private service. You only have to write to us requesting the service in the language you want.
Where to buy the Cusco Tourist Ticket during the economic tour?
The Cusco Tourist Ticket can be purchased during the Cusco City Tour. It can be purchased at the door of each archaeological site, for example, at the access door of Sacsayhuamán.
How much does the entrance to the Coricancha cost?
The entrance to the Inca temple of Coricancha costs 15 PEN, both Peruvian and foreign.
How to make the purchase of the tour?
The purchase of the tour is made online using any type of Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal credit or debit card.