City Tour Cusco Half Day
- Visit the city of Cusco considered ‘navel of the world’ by the Incas. Get to know its main archaeological constructions such as Sacsayhuaman, Coricancha, the Cathedral and more. The tour includes all entrance tickets, full transportation and tour guide service. The City Tour is the best way to start the trip!
About this tour
- Type of transport:
Large minivan with full equipment.
- Tickets included (no queues):
To all archaeological sites.
- Tourist guide:
In English and Spanish (shared service).
In the cathedral of Cusco.
- Payment methods:
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
So is the experience
- Visit the main tourist attractions of the city of Cusco: The Cathedral, the Coricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay. The trip includes a tour guide service and full transportation. Visit mysterious buildings that few tourists know about. Enjoy free time in each of the places to learn a little more about the treasures of the city of Cusco.
- The tour starts at 9:00 a.m. in the Main Square of Cusco, the heart of the city and a meeting point between tourists and the tour guide. Visit the Cathedral of Cusco, located just in front of the square, in the company of the tour guide. There you will discover the colonial and religious treasures of gold and silver that still hide the most important church in the city.
- Along with the tour guide, they will walk a few blocks to the famous Coricancha temple, the most important in the Inca empire. There they will tour the best-worked buildings and the temples of the sun, the moon, the stars and more.
- Then the whole group will board the transport by minivan to go to the Sacsayhuaman fortress where they will visit the immense walls made of rocks of up to 120 tons. How did the Incas shape these stones?
- Once again the tourist transport will take you to Pucapucara where you will visit the platforms that probably served as a place of Inca military defense.
- A few steps from Pucapucara you will visit the archaeological site of Tambomachay, an enclosure that served as a resting place and baths for the Inca. The tour guide will accompany you in this and all the archaeological sites.
- During the return they will visit one of the textile centers of Cusco, where they can learn the process of weaving and dyeing traditional clothing. You can also buy these clothes made of alpaca or baby alpaca.
- Return to Cusco.
- Complete comfortable and safe transport.
- Tourist guide service in English and Spanish.
- Tickets to all sites.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring
- Passport (or identity document).
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- Poncho for rain.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Hat and sunscreen.
- Cash for crafts and other extra expenses.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins in the Main Square of Cusco, a place close to all the tourist hotels in the city. The first tourist attraction to visit is the Cathedral, located just in front of the square.
- The tour ends at Square Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most hotels and tourist restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce symptoms, try to acclimatize yourself one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking infusions of coca leaf (natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does the tour include the Cusco Tourist Ticket?
Yes. The Cusco Tourist Ticket, which includes entry to all the tourist attractions of the City Tour, is already included in the service.
Is it true that the Coricancha was more important than Machu Picchu for the Incas?
The Coricancha was the main temple in honor of the sun. It is located in the city of Cusco. It is the most important religious site in the entire empire of the Incas. Even more important than Machu Picchu for the Incas.
Can I do the City Tour on the first day of the trip?
Yes. The City Tour is a half-day tour of the tourist attractions of the city of Cusco. There are no walks. It is a good option to start the trip to Cusco and Machu Picchu. Most tourists take this tour on the first day of their trip.
What language is the tour guide service in?
The tour guide service is included in the tour in the languages of Spanish and English. To hire a tour guide in another language, you must book a City Tour, a private service. You just have to write to us requesting the service in the language you want.