Tour 7 Colors Mountain + Red Valley Full Day
About this tour
- Start: At 4 in the morning at the door of your hotel.
- Duration: 14 hours.
- Type of transport: Large full equipment minivan.
- Tickets included (no queues): Entrance ticket to the Mountain 7 Colors and the Red Valley.
- Feeding. Breakfast and lunch.
- Tour guide: In English and Spanish (shared service).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Horse transport (not included).
- Immediate confirmation.
- The mountain 7 colors (also known as Vinicunca or rainbow mountain) is the fashionable tourist attraction in Cusco. It is located near the Red Valley, a new attraction that receives more and more tourists. These are two places that offer one of the most beautiful landscapes in all of Peru. The tour only lasts 1 day in which visitors will walk through these sites in the company of a professional tour guide. The service also includes implements for the walk, a tour guide, breakfast, lunch, transportation and tickets.
This is the experience
- Enjoy the famous Mountain of the 7 Colors, but also add the tour of the little-known Red Valley, one of the new tourist attractions of Cusco. The 1-day tour includes everything necessary so that the tourist only worries about enjoying the trip: complete transportation all day, breakfast, lunch, tour guide, implements for the walk and tickets to all tourist attractions. Unlike other tour packages, visitors will not have to queue to pay the entrance to the mountain. Likewise, our tour guides are trained in first aid. The tour has the option of canceling up to 72 hours before.
- The adventure begins with the tourist pick up at the door of your hotel. On board a spacious minivan, the group for almost 2 hours heading towards the town of Cusipata in the south of Cusco.
- Once in Cusipata, tourists will descend to enjoy a buffet-style breakfast with Andean ingredients. Then we will continue with the trip to go in 1 hour of travel, to the community of Phullawasipata, the starting point for the walk towards the 7 colors mountain.
- In the company of our tour guide we will start the walk. This route has some complications mainly due to the fact that we will find ourselves at a height of more than 5 thousand meters above sea level (16,400 ft). The time of the tour varies according to the physical condition of the visitor (between 1 and 2 hours). Visitors who wish can rent a horse and a muleteer. This service is not included in the tour and is negotiable directly with the locals.
- When you get to the mountain 7 colors, the landscape will reward the physical effort because from there, if the weather allows it, you can see a beautiful landscape full of colors. In addition, each tourist will have free time to take the photos they like. In the mountain, our tour guide will give some explanations about the Andean beliefs that the communities near Vinicunca continue to practice.
- When the tour guide deems it convenient, we will embark on the route to the Red Valley, a new area whose clay soil has a reddish color of spectacular beauty. We will descend for approximately 2 hours until we get there. There will be few groups that arrive there so we will have a lot of space and freedom to take the photos we need.
- After having visited these two places, we will make the return route to our Phullawasipata camp. The return route on foot is not as difficult as the way out. In our camp the minivan will be waiting for us to start the return journey.
- During the return journey we will descend into the town of Cusipata to recharge our batteries at the delicious buffet lunch with Andean ingredients. Then you will take the minivan again to return to the city of Cusco.
- Return to Cusco (at a point in the center of the city).
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Buffet breakfast.
- Buffet lunch.
- Entrance tickets to the mountain 7 colors and the Red Valley.
- Comfortable and safe complete transport.
- Tour guide service in English and Spanish.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Walking sticks for the walk.
- Horse transport.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- A coat.
- Poncho for rain.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable trekking shoes.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the tourist picking up at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at a central location in the city, such as a square.
- The tour ends at Square Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most tourist hotels and restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce the symptoms, try to acclimatize the day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking coca leaf infusions (a natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at email@example.com.
Is the Red Valley a highly visited destination?
Although the mountain 7 colors is a destination very visited by people from all over the world, the red valley is still traveled by a few tourists. That is why the tour is almost exclusive for a small group of people.
Is horse transport included?
No. Horse transport is a service offered by the residents of the 7 colors mountain and the red valley. This service is ideal for people who do not have a good physical condition for the walk.
How is breakfast and lunch?
The breakfast and lunch service is a buffet-style service with dishes made with Andean products from the region. They take place at a local restaurant.
Is it recommended for children?
The tour is recommended for people in acceptable physical condition or who are used to hiking. Younger children can take a horse transport during the hike.