Tour Machupicchu Full Day
About this tour
- Start: At 4 in the morning at the door of your hotel.
- Tickets included (no queues): Entrance ticket ‘Machu Picchu Only’.
- Duration: 17 hours.
- Type of transport: Large full equipment minivan, train, bus.
- Tour guide: In English and Spanish (shared service).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Get to know one of the 7 wonders of the world through a complete one-day trip that includes complete transportation by minivan, train and bus as well as the tour guide service and the entrance to Machu Picchu. During the route you will be able to appreciate the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Inca. The trip includes a visit to the famous town of Machu Picchu, known as Aguas Calientes.
This is the experience
- The tour begins in the city of Cusco from the long journey by minivan and train to Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes). There a short bus trip is made until finally arriving at Machu Picchu. You will tour the Inca city in approximately 2 hours with a professional tour guide. Then you will have free time to tour the place and enjoy its beautiful landscapes. Finally, you will return to the town of Aguas Calientes to learn a little more about this magical place, surrounded by rivers, mountains and a lot of tourism.
- Start the tour with the tourist pick-up at the door of your hotel. The group will travel by minivan for approximately 1 hour 45 minutes until arriving at the town of Ollantaytambo, in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- In Ollantaytambo we will board the tourist train service ‘Expedition’ in the direction of Aguas Calientes. The trip lasts almost 2 hours in which you can appreciate the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley.
- Once in Aguas Calientes you must take one of the tourist buses that in just 30 minutes will take you to the entrance gate of Machu Picchu. There you will meet your tour guide so that everyone can enter the Inca wonder together.
- For a little over 2 hours you will visit the main buildings of Machu Picchu, always in the company of your tour guide. On the way you will have time to take the classic photos in Machu Picchu, including the classic postcard photo. You will also have free time to enjoy the moment in peace.
- At the time indicated by the guide, they must leave Machu Picchu and take the bus back to the town of Aguas Calientes.
- In Aguas Calientes all tourists will have free time to have lunch (not included in the tour) and visit this magical place, famous for its car-free streets, its huge mountains, mighty rivers and hectic life full of tourism.
- At the scheduled time, you must board your tourist train ‘Expedition’ back to the town of Ollantaytambo. There, they will also have to board the minivan that will finally return them to the city of Cusco.
- End of the tour in one of the central squares of the city (close to most hotels and tourist restaurants).
- Transportation by minivan from Cusco to Ollantaytambo.
- Transportation by tourist train ‘Expedition’.
- Transportation by tourist bus from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu.
- Entrance tickets ‘Machu Picchu Only’.
- Tour guide service in English and Spanish (shared service).
- Tour cancellation option.
- Breakfast and lunch.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- A coat.
- Poncho for rain.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable trekking shoes.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the tourist picking up at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at a central location in the city, such as a square.
- The tour ends at Square Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most tourist hotels and restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce the symptoms, try to acclimatize the day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking coca leaf infusions (a natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at email@example.com.
How far in advance can I request the tour?
It is always advisable to purchase the tour weeks in advance. The minimum period with which you can purchase this service is 3 days before (depending on availability).
How is the train trip included?
The train ride included in this tour is the ‘Expedition’ service, which offers comfortable seats, tables and large windows to appreciate the beautiful Andean landscapes. In addition, it includes background music, on-board service and sale of snacks and drinks.
Does the tour pick me up and return from my hotel in Cusco?
The tour begins with the visitor’s pick-up from the door of their hotel in the city of Cusco. However, the return is in a main square of the city, close to the main hotels and tourist restaurants.
How long will I be in Machu Picchu?
Each tourist will have approximately 2 hours 30 minutes in Machu Picchu. During this time, you can tour the Inca city with a tour guide. You can also have free time in the wonder of the world.