Tour to Machu Picchu Full Day
About this tour
- Type of service All Inclusive: With a group tour guide from Machu Picchu.
- Private service type: With private tour guide from Cusco.
- Start: At 4.40 in the morning at the door of your hotel.
- Tickets included (no queues): Entrance ticket ‘Machu Picchu Only’ (includes classic photo).
- Duration: 15 hours.
- Type of transport: Large fully equipped minivan, train, bus.
- Kind of train: Round-trip Expedition tourist service (optional Vistadome train).
- Feeding Lunch at the prestigious Tinkuy restaurant in Machu Picchu (optional) – Breakfast ‘box lunch’ (optional).
- Tour guide: Professional guide in Spanish and English (other languages in private service)..
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
We are operators of the Machu Picchu Full Day Tour
We are Machupicchu Terra, the operating agency of the Machu Picchu Full Day tour. That is, the tourist will pay a fair price for the services he will receive. We offer an all-inclusive service with the maximum experience and organization. Optionally, the visitor can add a buffet lunch at Machu Picchu or a ‘box lunch’ breakfast. You can also include the return by Vistadome train, a high quality service. Visit Machu Picchu as you dreamed!
- Get to know one of the 7 wonders of the world through a complete trip of a single day that includes complete transportation by minivan, train and bus as well as the tour guide service and the entrance to Machu Picchu . During the route you will be able to appreciate the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. The trip includes a visit to the famous town of Machu Picchu, known as Aguas Calientes. Optionally you can add a special lunch in Machu Picchu or the return in Vistadome train service.
This is the experience
- The tour begins with the pick up from the tourist’s hotel. Then the transfer is made to the Wanchaq train station and the subsequent trip by ‘Bimodal’ bus to the Ollantaytambo station. Then it’s time for the Expedition tourist train trip to Aguas Calientes. There a short bus trip is made until finally arriving at Machu Picchu. You will tour the Inca city in approximately 2 hours 30 minutes with a professional tour guide. Then you will have free time to explore the place, have lunch (not included in the tour) and enjoy its beautiful landscapes. The buffet lunch at the Tinkuy restaurant is a highly recommended option. Finally, you will return to the town of Aguas Calientes and the city of Cusco, by Expedition train service (optional Vistadome train).
Tinkuy buffet lunch
The tour includes what is necessary for a formal, pleasant and well-organized visit. Do you want to improve the experience? We recommend adding the buffet lunch at the Tinkuy restaurant, at the 5-star Sanctuary Lodge hotel. It is the only buffet located next to Machupicchu. The promotional prices are only for the tourists who chose this tour. Take advantage of!
Tour to Machu Picchu Full Day
Andean Community (Peru, Colombia, Bolivia, Ecuador)
|With Expedition train||257 USD||238 USD||209 USD||228 USD||209 USD||195 USD|
|With Vistadome train||342 USD||323 USD||294 USD||313 USD||294 USD||280 USD|
Two types of services to choose from
Type of service
|Machu Picchu Tour in All Inclusive service||The 1-day tour to Machu Picchu offers: pick up from the hotel, tourist transportation (Expedition train), entrance to Machupicchu and group tour guide from Machu Picchu (optional buffet on the tour).|
|Machu Picchu Tour in Private service||The 1-day tour to Machu Picchu offers: pick up from the hotel, tourist transport (Expedition train), entrance to Machupicchu and private professional guide from Cusco (optional buffet on the tour).|
Machu Picchu Tour Map
Where is Machu Picchu? How to get?
Machu Picchu is located in the jungle part of the Cusco region. From the city of Cusco it is reached through a trip of almost 4 hours. The first section is by bus or minivan for 1 hour 40 minutes to the town of Ollantaytambo. There you board the tourist train that also in 1 hour 40 minutes will take you to the town of Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu town). Finally, in this town you take the tourist bus that in just 30 minutes will take you uphill to the entrance gate of Machu Picchu. The TOUR INCLUDES ALL THESE TRANSPORTS!
- The tour begins with the tourist’s pick-up at the door of their hotel in Cusco between 4:45 am and 5:00 am. A tourist transport will take you to the Wanchaq station in Cusco (approximately 15 minute trip).
- From Wanchaq we board the Peru Rail ‘Bimodal’ bus, which will take us in almost 2 hours to the Ollantaytambo train station, in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- In Ollantaytambo we will board the ‘Expedition’ tourist train service in the direction of Aguas Calientes. The trip lasts almost 2 hours in which you will be able to appreciate the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley.
- Once in Aguas Calientes you must take one of the tourist buses that in just 30 minutes will take you to the entrance gate of Machu Picchu. There you will enter the Wonder of the World.
- For approximately 2 hours 30 minutes you will visit the main buildings of Machu Picchu, always in the company of your tour guide. Along the way you will have time to take the classic photos at Machu Picchu, including the famous photo from the House of the Guardian. You will also have free time to enjoy the moment in peace and get to know the main buildings and temples.
- At the time indicated by the guide, you must leave Machu Picchu and take the bus back to the town of Aguas Calientes.
- If you added the buffet lunch at the Tinkuy restaurant to the tour, you just have to go to the restaurant of the 5-star Sanctuary Lodge hotel (a few steps from the exit gate of Machu Picchu) and enjoy lunch.
- In Aguas Calientes all tourists will have free time to have lunch (not included in the tour) and tour this magical place, famous for its streets without cars, its huge mountains, mighty rivers and hectic life full of tourism.
- At 4.22 pm, you will have to board your tourist train ‘Expedition’ to return to the town of Ollantaytambo (arrive at the station 30 minutes before). Another recommended option is to add the Vistadome train service to the tour. In Ollantaytambo, they must also board the ‘Bimodal’ bus of the Peru Rail company that will finally return them to the city of Cusco.
- The tour ends at around 8:30 pm with the final transfer of the tourist to the door of his hotel in the city of Cusco.
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Transportation from Cusco to Ollantaytambo by Peru Rail ‘Bimodal’ tourist bus.
- Transportation by tourist train ‘Expedition’ round trip (optional Vistadome train).
- Transportation by tourist bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (round trip).
- Entrance tickets ‘Machu Picchu Only’.
- Tour guide service in Spanish and English (from Machu Picchu or Cusco depending on the type of service chosen).
- For an extra cost, buffet lunch at the 5-star Tinkuy restaurant in Machu Picchu (optional).
- For an extra cost, box breakfast.
- Option to cancel the tour up to 5 days before (under penalty).
- Breakfast and lunch.
- Snacks and drinks.
Optional breakfast (box lunch) on the tour
The tour starts early (before 5 am). This does not give enough time to enjoy a good breakfast. Given this, it is necessary to offer the breakfast service ‘box lunch’. Breakfast includes nutritious ingredients such as salad, quinoa, grilled chicken, juices, snacks and more. Breakfast is an optional service. You can include it during the booking form.
What to bring?
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- A coat.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable shoes for trekking.
Summary of the Machu Picchu Full Day tour operator by Machupicchu Terra
Machu Picchu Full Day Tour
|Beginning of the tour||Between 4.45 am and 5 am at the door of your hotel.|
|End of the tour.||Between 8.30 pm and 9 pm at the door of your hotel or in a central square of Cusco.|
|Pick up from the tourist hotel||Including|
|Tourist attractions on the tour||Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu|
|Breakfast||Not included (optional box breakfast).|
|Lunch||Not included (optional buffet in the prestigious Tinkuy restaurant of the 5-star Sanctuary Lodge hotel.|
|Tourist transport||Included in minivan, bus and train.|
|Tour guide type||Professional group service in Machu Picchu Spanish and English.|
|Type of entrance to Machu Picchu||Type of entrance to Machu Picchu|
|Train type included||Round trip Expedition train (optional return Vistadome)|
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the tourist’s pick-up at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at some central place in the city, such as a square.
- The tour ends with the final transfer of the tourist to the door of his hotel in the city of Cusco.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before your visit.
- To reduce the symptoms, try to acclimatize one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking coca leaf infusions (a natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The Machu Picchu tour in all-inclusive service is carried out in guided groups. If you want a more personalized service (for your own group of family or friends), choose the private service tour. For more information, contact us at email@example.com or (+51) 982 108 083.
How far in advance can I request the tour?
It is always advisable to purchase the tour weeks in advance. The minimum period with which you can purchase this service is 3 days before (depending on availability).
How is the train ride included?
The train trip included in this tour is the ‘Expedition’ service, which offers comfortable seats, tables and large windows to appreciate the beautiful Andean landscapes. In addition, it includes background music, service on board and sale of snacks and drinks.
Does the tour pick me up and return me from my hotel in Cusco?
The tour begins with the pick up of the visitor from the door of his hotel in the city of Cusco. The tour ends with the transfer of the tourist to the door of his hotel.
How long will I be in Machu Picchu?
Each tourist will have approximately 2 hours 30 minutes in Machu Picchu. During this time you can tour the Inca city with a tour guide. You can also have free time in the wonder of the world.
What circuit in Machu Picchu does the tour include?
The tour includes the tour of Machu Picchu in circuit 2, the most recommended in the Inca citadel. This circuit includes a visit to the most famous Inca temples and constructions such as: the Main Temple, the Temple of the Sun, the Intihuatana, the Temple of the 3 Windows, the Sacred Rock and more. It also offers the opportunity to take the classic postal photo in the House of the Guardian of Machu Picchu.
Can I cancel the tour? How much is the penalty?
Yes, the tour offers the option to cancel. However, due to operating expenses and tickets purchased, the cancellation has a penalty of 50% of the value of the amount paid (refund of 50% of the total paid). The request is sent 5 days before the date of visit, as the latest deadline. The email to send the request is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I change the date of the tour?
No, unfortunately due to the provisions of the Ministry of Culture of Peru (the entity that manages the income to Machu Picchu), it is not possible to make changes to the tour once purchased.
How many tourists make up the group?
The tour in group service is carried out with a group of 10 tourists maximum. However, on average the group is 5 people. The tour in private service is carried out only with the tourist and his private group of friends, family or partner.
What does the buffet lunch at the Tinkuy restaurant include?
The tour offers, for an additional promotional payment, a buffet lunch at the prestigious Tinkuy restaurant (which belongs to the 5-star Sanctuary Lodge hotel, the only one located next to Machu Picchu). The buffet is complete, it offers: soups, salads, pastas, breads, rice dishes, meats (pork, alpaca, chicken, beef), stews, stews, desserts, non-alcoholic cold drinks and more.
Why choose the Vistadome train service?
The Vistadome train service is optional on the return leg of the tour. The train is spacious with comfortable seats and panoramic windows with views of the mountains. The train also stands out for offering a dance show, a parade of garments made of alpaca, as well as complimentary snacks and drinks. Recommended!
What are the types of tickets to Machu Picchu and which one does the tour include?
- Ticket Machupicchu Only (included) – This entrance is the one that most tourists use to get to know Machupicchu as it allows you to do any of the four available circuits. The most recommended and chosen, circuit 2, includes the classic postcard photo in Machu Picchu as well as the option to see the main Inca constructions, such as: the Main Temple, the Temple of the Sun, the Temple of the 3 Windows, the Intihuatana, the Sacred Rock, the Temple of the Condor, the Water Mirrors and more.
- Ticket Machupicchu + Huaynapicchu – This ticket is the one that sells out the fastest in Machu Picchu. The reason? Allows you to make the popular hike to the top of the Huayna Picchu mountain. There, incredible photos are achieved. In addition, it allows you to do circuit 4, which allows you to visit: the House of the Inka, the Sacred Rock, the agricultural zone, the Temple of the Condor and more. It is recommended for the second time if you visit Machu Picchu.
- Ticket Machupicchu + Mountain – This ticket is an excellent option if you are looking for a great adventure in Machu Picchu. It allows to carry out the arduous walk to the top of the Machupicchu mountain. There you can get spectacular views of the entire set of mountains that surround the Inca citadel. It also allows you to carry out circuit 3, with a visit to buildings such as: the Casa del Inka, the agricultural area, the Temple of the Condor and more. It is recommended for young people who can do this arduous route.
- Ticket Machupicchu + Huchuypicchu – This entrance offers a new hiking route to one of the slopes of Huayna Picchu, the so-called Huchuypicchu mountain, which in Spanish means ‘small mountain’. The walk that it includes is short and simple: it lasts barely 40 minutes. From there you have a panoramic view of the Inca citadel. In addition, it allows you to carry out circuit 4 through Machu Picchu, which includes a visit to: the House of the Inka, the Sacred Rock, the agricultural zone, the Temple of the Condor and more. It is recommended to go with children.
- Ticket Machupicchu + Inca Bridge – This ticket allows you to take one of the little-known routes through Machu Picchu: the short walk to the Inca Bridge. The route lasts just 30 minutes, along flat sections but close to fearsome precipices. Even so, it is a safe walk if the security measures and signs are followed. The Inca Bridge is made of a wooden trunk. In addition, the ticket allows you to do circuit 2 in Machu Picchu, the most requested by visitors because it includes the classic photo from the House of the Guardian. It also allows you to visit: the Main Temple, the Temple of the Sun, the Temple of the 3 Windows, the Intihuatana, the Sacred Rock, the Temple of the Condor, the Water Mirrors and more.
The circuits and tickets to Machu Picchu
The tour to Machu Picchu includes the ‘Machu Picchu Only’ ticket, which allows you to take circuit 2. This circuit is the most recommended since it allows a complete tour of 2 hours and 30 minutes. It also includes the opportunity to take the classic postcard photo of Machu Picchu from the House of the Guardian. The other circuits 1, 3 and 4 are optional tours recommended for older adults or people in wheelchairs.
What are the types of trains and which one does the tour include?
- Expedition train (included) – The Expedition train is the cheapest tourist service of Peru Rail. It includes high quality services such as comfortable seats, large windows, tables, sale of snacks and drinks on board. The views during the trip are incredible. This service is included in the tour.
- Vistadome train (optional) – The Vistadome train is the most recommended tourist service after the Expedition train. It offers comfortable seats, panoramic windows, tables, as well as complimentary snacks and drinks, a dance show and a fashion show with alpaca clothing. It is optional on the return leg to Cusco.
- Vistadome Observatory Train (optional) – The Vistadome Observatory train is a superior service to the Vistadome. It offers the same services: comfortable seats, panoramic windows, tables, snacks, courtesy drinks, dance show, parade show of alpaca garments and, in addition, an observatory car with a live music show. There you get spectacular photos of the train trip.
- Hiram Bingham Train – The Hiram Bingham train is a luxury service that includes an unforgettable trip with the A-1 services: observatory car, dining car, bar car, as well as complimentary champagne, music show, gourmet lunch (or dinner), entrance to Machu Picchu as well as private bus and tour guide in the Inca citadel. It is one of the most luxurious trains in the world.
Vistadome train service (optional) on the return trip
The tour includes travel on the Expedition tourist train for both the outward and return journeys. This service is tourist, that is, it offers comfortable seats, large windows, tables, and service on board with the sale of snacks and drinks. Optionally, the tour recommends adding the return train in Vistadome service. This service, one level higher than Expedition, offers complimentary snacks and drinks, a dance show, and a parade of clothing made of alpaca. All in a single service and within a super comfortable train. Recommended!
What are the circuits in Machu Picchu and which one does the tour include?
- Circuit 1 – This circuit allows you to visit the upper part of the Inca citadel. Allows you to get the classic photo of Machu Picchu from the House of the Guardian. Then there is an almost complete tour of the main buildings of the archaeological site, such as: the Main Temple, the Temple of the 3 Windows, the Temple of the Condor, the Water Mirrors, the agricultural zone and more.
- Circuit 2 (incluido) – This circuit allows a more complete tour of Machu Picchu. It is the circuit that most tourists prefer. Includes the visit of: the Main Temple, the Temple of the 3 Windows, the Intihuatana, the Sacred Rock, the Temple of the Condor, the Mirrors of the Water, the agricultural zone and more. In addition, it includes the classic postcard photo of Machu Picchu from the House of the Guardian.
- Circuit 3 – This circuit allows you to visit the lower nuclear area of the Machu Picchu archaeological site. Includes a visit to the Casa del Inka, the Temple of the Sun, the agricultural zone and the Mirrors of the Water. This tour does not include the classic postcard photo of Machu Picchu. It allows a quiet tour, ideal for older adults. It takes only 1 hour 30 minutes approximately.
- Circuit 4 – This circuit allows you to visit the nuclear area of Machu Picchu including a visit to Inca constructions, such as: the House of the Inka, the Temple of the Sun, the Sacred Rock, the Temple of the Condor, the agricultural zone and the Mirrors of the Water. It allows a quiet tour, ideal for all people. It does not include the classic postcard photo of Machu Picchu. The circuit takes approximately 1 hour 30 minutes.