Tour to Sacred Valley + Machupicchu 2 Days
About this tour
- Start: At 4 in the morning at the door of your hotel.
- Duration: 2 days.
- Tickets included (no queues): Entrance ticket ‘Machu Picchu Only’. Entrance to all the sites of the Sacred Valley.
- Group: 7 people (maximum).
- Type of transport: Large full equipment minivan.
- Feeding. Lunch menu in restaurant day 1.
- Lodging: 1 night in a standard hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Tour guide: In English and Spanish (shared service).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- The Sacred Valley of the Incas was a vast territory of great importance to the Incas. There they built imposing citadels such as Pisac, Ollantaytambo and, above all, Machu Picchu. Today all these Inca citadels are one of the most important tourist attractions in Peru. The best way to get to know them is on a 2-day tour that connects the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu, a complete service that includes everything you need for this incredible experience.
So is the experience
- The tour begins in the city of Cusco where you will start a tour by minivan through the towns of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. The visitor will visit the archaeological sites of Pisac and Ollantaytambo. During the route you will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch in the town of Urubamba. Then you will travel by train to the town of Aguas Calientes where you will enjoy dinner at a local restaurant. In that town you will spend the night in a standard hotel to spend the next day visiting Machu Picchu. The return is by the same route as the outward journey. The tour provides everything necessary for tourists to meet their expectations during the trip. Includes transportation, entrance fees, tour guide and even a delicious buffet lunch in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Everything is organized by 100% trained professionals.
- We start the tour with the pick up of the tourist from the door of their hotel. Immediately we will go to the town of Pisac, on the outskirts of the city of Cusco.
- Pisac is one of the archaeological sites of Cusco. We will visit it together with our tour guide. Then we will visit its famous craft market, the most emblematic in the region.
- We will follow the route to the town of Urubamba where we will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch made with Peruvian products.
- After a short break, we will continue the journey until we arrive at the famous town of Ollantaytambo. This town is the only one in Peru that has maintained its urban organization since Inca times.
- In the company of our tour guide we will visit the famous Inca enclosures of the Ollantaytambo archaeological site. Then we will have time to visit this famous town.
- In Ollantaytambo we will have free time to get to know its streets on our own. We can also buy handicrafts or enjoy its restaurants, cafes and more.
- Then we will go to the Ollantaytambo train station (arrive 30 minutes before the train departs) to travel to the town of Aguas Calientes. There our assistant will lead us to our selected hotel.
- That morning we will get up early to have breakfast at the hotel and board one of the buses that will take us to the entrance gate of Machu Picchu.
- In Machu Picchu we will meet our tour guide who will explain each corner of the Wonder of the World. We will also have free time to take photos and explore the Inca City on our own.
- We will return by bus to the town of Aguas Calientes. There tourists will have free time to have lunch (not included in the tour) and explore the town.
- We will return to Cusco with an ‘Expedition’ train ride to Ollantaytambo and from there by minivan to the city of Cusco. The final whereabouts will be at Square San Francisco (a few meters from Main Square.
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Transportation by minivan through the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Tourist guide service in English and Spanish (shared service).
- Entrance to all the sites of the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Buffet lunch in Urubamba.
- Dinner and breakfast in Aguas Calientes.
- Transport by ‘Expedition’ tourist train.
- 1 night in a standard hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Transportation by tourist bus from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu.
- Entrance tickets ‘Machu Picchu Solo’.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Breakfast day 1 and lunch day 2.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- A jacket.
- Poncho for rain.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable trekking shoes.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up in a central place in the city, such as a square.
- The tour ends at Square Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most hotels and tourist restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce symptoms, try to acclimatize yourself one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking infusions of coca leaf (natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at email@example.com.
How is the accommodation?
The tour offers a hotel night in the town of Aguas Calientes. The service is in a standard local accommodation (2 stars). It has spacious and comfortable rooms, bathrooms, hot showers and breakfast. If the tourist wishes, he can change the accommodation to a better service. You just have to request it via email for an additional cost.
What type of train is included in the tour?
The train ride included in the tour is the Peru Rail ‘Expedition’ service. This standard service features comfortable seating, large windows, and tables. If the tourist wants a better service, he can request it by email for an additional cost.
Does the visit to the Huayna Picchu mountain include?
No. The tour includes the entrance ticket ‘Machu Picchu Solo’. If the tourist wishes, in addition, to make the short walk to Huayna Picchu, he must add 20 US dollars for the purchase of the ticket “Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu”.
What tourist attractions of the Sacred Valley does the tour include?
The tour includes a visit to the towns and archaeological sites of Pisac, Urubamba and Ollantaytambo. They all belong to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, a place full of mountains, rivers and beautiful landscapes.