Hiking route Laguna Humantay Full Day
About this tour
- Start: Pick up from the door of the tourist’s hotel.
- Duration: 14 hours (from 4 am to 6 pm).
- Type of transport: Spacious minivan full equipment.
- Tickets included (no queues): Entrance to the Humantay lagoon.
- Tour guide: In English and Spanish (shared service).
- Feeding. Buffet breakfast and lunch.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Transportation on horseback (Not included)
- Immediate confirmation.
Tour to the Humantay Lagoon in Economic Service
Take the famous tour to the Humantay lagoon at a cheaper price. This tour offers all the same services as the classic tour except for entrance tickets to Humantay, which are not included. The entrance fee to Humantay is 20 soles for foreign tourists and 10 soles for Peruvian tourists. For the rest, the tour includes the same: pick up from the hotel, complete transportation, buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and professional tour guide.
- Get to know one of the most visited natural landscapes in Cusco, the famous Humantay lagoon, considered sacred by the Incas. The tour includes transportation, buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, tour guide, entrance to the lagoon and hiking equipment. Get one of the most popular photos in all of Peru!
So is the experience
- Enjoy the scenic beauty that the Humantay lagoon offers within a complete tour that includes full transportation, buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, tour guide service and equipment for the trek. The tour also offers a special ceremony to ‘mother earth’ in the lagoon. In the end, each visitor will have free time to enjoy the lagoon on their own.
Humantay Lagoon Tour – SHARED SERVICE
Price per person
|Humantay Lagoon all included||55 USD||50 USD|
|Economic Humantay Lagoon||32 USD||32 USD|
Humantay Lagoon Tour – PRIVATE SERVICE
|Number of passengers||2||3||4||5||6||7||8 or more|
|Price||130 USD||100 USD||80 USD||70 USD||60 USD||55 USD||50 USD|
- The tour begins with the tourist’s pick-up at the door of their hotel (between 4 am and 4.20 am). The group will travel by minivan for 2 hours 30 minutes to the town of Mollepata in the south of Cusco.
- In Mollepata each visitor will descend to the restaurant ‘Casa Salkantay’ to enjoy a buffet breakfast.
- Afterwards, the group will board the minivan again to go, after 1 hour of travel, to the Soraypampa camp where the group will get ready to start the walk towards the lagoon with the tour guide.
- The trek to the Humantay lagoon is difficult due to the geography’s altitude above 4,200 meters of sea level (13,779 ft). This lasts between 1 and 2 hours, depending on the physical condition of the visitor. Once in the Humantay lagoon, the visitor will have free time to take the respective photos with the lagoon in the background.
- Before returning to Soraypampa camp, the tour guide will hold a ceremony for ‘mother earth’ with the participation of visitors. Then we will take the same outward route to return to the Soraypampa camp. This walk is not as difficult as the climb so it will take approximately 1 hour.
- In Soraypampa we will board the minivan to return to Mollepata where we will enjoy our delicious buffet lunch.
- Return to Cusco (around 6 pm).
Such is the itinerary of the Economic Humantay Tour
The cheap tour to the Humantay lagoon begins with the tourist’s pick-up at the door of their hotel in the city of Cusco between 4 am and 4.30 am. After a trip of almost 2 hours, we have breakfast in the town of Mollepata. After this, the trip continues until arriving at the Soraypampa camp where the entrance to Humantay is purchased. Then the walk to the lagoon begins. This is arduous and takes 1 hour 40 minutes on average. Optionally, the tourist can rent a horse (not included). After enjoying the lagoon and getting the best photos, it’s time to return on foot. In Mollepata you can enjoy a buffet lunch. The tour ends in the city of Cusco at around 6 pm.
Differences of the Humantay tour in all-inclusive and economic service
The Humantay lagoon can be visited on an all-inclusive tour or on a cheap tour. Learn about the differences between both tours and decide which is the best option for your trip to Cusco.
Humantay Lagoon Tour
|Humantay Lagoon Tour with All Inclusive||Economic Humantay Lagoon Tour|
|Tour start time||4 am at the door of your hotel||4 am at the door of your hotel|
|Tour end time||6 pm in the center of Cusco||6 pm in the center of Cusco|
|Tourist attractions to visit on the tour||Mollepata, Soraypampa and Humantay Lagoon||Mollepata, Soraypampa and Humantay Lagoon|
|Breakfast included||In Mollepata it includes hot infusions, milk, coffee, breads, jams, butter, scrambled eggs, guacamole, tequeños, juices, yogurt and cereals.||In Mollepata it includes hot infusions, milk, coffee, breads, jams, butter, scrambled eggs, guacamole, tequeños, juices, yogurt and cereals.|
|Lunch included||In Mollepata it includes soups, salads, rice, pasta, meat (chicken, beef, fish), stews, tequeños, fruits, hot drinks.||In Mollepata it includes soups, salads, rice, pasta, meat (chicken, beef, fish), stews, tequeños, fruits, hot drinks|
|Transport||Full round trip tourist service||Full round trip tourist service|
|Tourist guide||Group professional service in Spanish or English||Group professional service in Spanish or English|
|Entrance tickets||Including||Not included (it is purchased during the tour at 20 soles for foreigners and 10 soles for Peruvians).|
|Tour price||55 USD||32 USD|
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Comfortable and safe complete transportation.
- Buffet breakfast and lunch.
- Tour guide service in English and Spanish.
- Entrance to the lagoon.
- Walking sticks.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Transportation on horseback from Soraypampa to the lagoon (optional at 70 soles per tourist).
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes.
- A coat.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable hiking shoes.
- Cash in case you want to shop for crafts.
Galería Laguna Humantay
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with pick up from your hotel in the Historic Center of Cusco (most hotels are in this tourist area).
- If your hotel is not located in the Historic Center of Cusco, we can pick you up at Regocijo square. The tour ends at Regocijo square in the city center (a few steps from most hotels and tourist restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before your visit.
- To reduce the symptoms, try to acclimatize one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking coca leaf infusions (a natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I go to Humantay with children?
The visit to the Humantay lagoon includes an uphill walk of 1 to 2 hours. This route is a bit demanding, so it is recommended only for children with aptitude for hiking (preferably older than 8 years). Otherwise, you could rent a horse to get to the lagoon.
Is Humantay Lagoon ideal for older adults?
Older adults in good physical condition (without muscle, joint, or heart problems) can easily do this route.
How long before should I make the reservation?
You can book the tour to the Humantay lagoon up to 1 day before. However, it is best to do it 3 to 5 days in advance or even more.
How much does the horseback ride to the lagoon cost?
The final walk to the Humantay lagoon is difficult as it is uphill through the mountains. You can do it with a horse that is led on foot by a muleteer. The service has an approximate cost of 70 Peruvian soles (30 US dollars) for the one-way service. The return is easier and does not require a horse, although they can find it.
What does and does not include the economic tour to the Humantay lagoon?
The economic tour to the Humantay lagoon includes the same services as the classic all-inclusive tour, except for the entrance ticket to Humantay (it costs 20 soles for foreigners and 10 soles for Peruvians). In other words, the economic tour to Humantay includes: pick up from the hotel, complete transportation, breakfast, lunch and professional guide.
Can I cancel the tour to the Humantay lagoon?
Yes, the cancellation (and refund) of the Humantay lagoon tour is allowed. The last term to request it is three days before the day of the tour. Requests are sent by email to email@example.com. The penalty for cancellation is 25% of the amount paid (reimbursement of 75% of the value of the service). The refund will be made by the same means that the tourist used for payment (Visa, MasterCard, etc.). The time it takes is determined by the payment gateway.
Can I travel to Humantay in a private service?
Yes, the tour can be done in a private service only for the tourist and his group of friends, family or partner. You can request it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Costs may vary depending on the number of people. The tours are all-inclusive services: pick up, transportation, guide, tickets, breakfast and lunch buffet.
Is the hike to Humantay difficult? Should I rent a horse?
During the tour, tourists must hike from the Soraypampa camp to the Humantay lagoon. This route is uphill for approximately 2 kilometers. The ascent is arduous since it covers paths with an average slope of 30 degrees. The walk at a slow pace takes 1 hour 40 minutes. Everyone can do it. However, if the visitors are elderly or overweight, they can choose to rent a horse to complete this route.