Huchuy Qosqo Trek 3 days
About this tour
- Start: At 4 in the morning on day 1 at the door of your hotel.
- Duration: 3 days.
- Type of transport: Large full-equipment minivan, train, bus.
- Tickets included (no queues): Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Only and to the archaeological site of Huchuy Qosqo.
- Tour guide: In English and Spanish (shared service).
- Chargers: Porters team.
- Feeding. Team of cooks (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Lodging: Camp day 1 and night in a standard hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town) on day 2.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Get to know Machu Picchu on a simple but adventurous hiking route. This is the 3-day ‘Huchuy Qosqo’ trek. This route is only 17 kilometers where the visitor will appreciate the beautiful mountain landscapes as well as the archaeological sites of Tambomachay, Huchuy Qosqo as well as the famous Inca city of Machu Picchu. The tour includes everything the visitor needs for the adventure: transportation, hiking gear, camping gear, cook equipment, support staff to load luggage, entrance to all places, train tickets, bus, one night hotel in Aguas Calientes and much more.
So is the experience
- The experience of the Huchuy Qosqo Trek begins with the collection of the visitor at the door of the hotel. The first point will be the Tambomachay archaeological site located just 11 kilometers from the city of Cusco. A There will begin the walk that will take you to the community of Pumamarca and the archaeological site of Huchuy Qosqo (small Cusco). There the tourist will spend the first night, in an all-inclusive camp: food, shelter, porters and more. On the second day, the tourist will learn more about the Inca city of Huchuy Qosqo. Then you will walk to a point where transportation will take you to the town of Ollantaytambo. There you will travel by train to Aguas Calientes where you will spend the night in a standard hotel. Finally, the last day will be dedicated to the visit of Machu Picchu. The return will be by train and bus directly to the city of Cusco.
- It all starts with the tourist pick up at the door of your hotel in the city of Cusco. The minivan will take you to the Tambomachay archaeological site, located just 11 kilometers from Cusco.
- From Tambomachay we will start the walk towards together with our team of porters, cooks and tour guide. We will appreciate the beautiful mountain landscapes. In the town of Pumamarca we will stop to enjoy a delicious lunch prepared by our cooks.
- Then, we will continue along the route until we arrive at the archaeological site of Huchuy Qosqo. There we will enjoy our dinner and spend the night in the camps prepared in advance.
- Very early in the morning we will enjoy a nutritious breakfast made by our cooks. Then we will enter the archaeological site of Huchuy Qosqo, its Inca buildings with our tour guide.
- Then we will start the walk. We will descend to the town of Lamay where tourist transportation will take us to the town of Ollantaytambo. There we will enjoy a delicious lunch. Then we will board the train that will take us to Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes).
- In Aguas Calientes we will spend the night in a standard hotel, before enjoying dinner in one of the local restaurants.
- On the third day we will enjoy a delicious breakfast at the hotel, in the early hours of the day. Then we will board the buses that will take us to Machu Picchu.
- Together with our tour guide we will visit Machu Picchu, its temples, enclosures and beautiful landscapes. We will also have free time to get to know the place better. At the time indicated by our guide we will start the descent on foot to Aguas Calientes (getting off by bus is optional).
- In Aguas Calientes we will have free time for lunch (not included in the tour), acquire handicrafts in the market or learn more about this peculiar town. Finally, we will board the train that will take us to Ollantaytambo and, from there, the minivan that will take us to the city of Cusco. There the tour ends.
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Transportation to the start of the walk in Tambomachay.
- Equipment for hiking.
- Camping equipment.
- Team of muleteers and porters.
- Cooks team (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- Tourist guide service in English and Spanish.
- Train ‘Expedition’ Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes (round trip).
- 1 night in a standard hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town).
- First aid kit.
- Entrance to Huchuy Qosqo.
- Entrance ‘Machu Picchu Solo’.
- Bus to go up from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Descent bus to Aguas Calientes on day 3.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu (optional).
What to bring
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Bathing clothes (optional visit to the thermal baths of Machu Picchu town).
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- A jacket.
- Poncho for rain.
- Extra snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable trekking shoes.
- Mosquito repellent.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at a central location in the city, such as a square.
- The tour ends at Square Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most hotels and tourist restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce symptoms, try to acclimatize yourself one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking infusions of coca leaf (natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at email@example.com.
Is this hike difficult?
No. This hike is one of the easiest that leads to Machu Picchu. In reality, you only walk 17 kilometers through easy mountainous sections and where you can see beautiful landscapes.
Is it recommended for children?
Yes. This route is simple and does not require great physical effort. Therefore, it is highly recommended to go as a family with children. Even older adults in good physical condition can do this route.
How is the camp and the hotel in Aguas Calientes?
The tour only includes one day of camping, which is comfortable, spacious and clean. It also includes a camp for lunch during the afternoon of the first day. The night of the second day, you will spend the night in a standard lodging in Aguas Calientes (2 stars). If the tourist wishes, he can improve this service for a better one (request it by email for an additional payment).
How is the food during the tour?
The tour includes 1 breakfast, 2 lunches and 2 dinners. The food during the camp is healthy, prepared by our team of cooks. The rest of the food is prepared in a local restaurant during the route. Optionally, the tourist can request vegetarian food (request it days in advance by email).