Machupicchu + Huayna Picchu Full Day Tour
About this tour
- Start: At 4 in the morning at the door of your hotel.
- Duration: 19 hours.
- Group: 7 people (maximum).
- Type of transport: Large full equipment minivan, train, bus.
- Tickets included (no queues): Entrance ticket ‘Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu’.
- Tour guide: In English and Spanish (shared service).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Make one of the most famous adventures among tourists who travel to Machu Picchu. It is the hike to the top of the Huayna Picchu mountain, a route full of history, beautiful landscapes and adrenaline. The one-day trip that includes everything you need to just worry about enjoying: complete transportation by minivan, train and bus as well as the tour guide service and the entrances to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu. After the tour you will understand why tourists say that visiting Machu Picchu and not knowing Huayna Picchu is like not having gone.
This is the experience
- Start the tour in the city of Cusco where you will start the long journey by minivan and train to Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes). There a short bus trip is made until finally arriving at Machu Picchu. You will tour the Inca city in approximately 2 hours with a professional tour guide. Then you will tour the famous Huayna Picchu mountain on your own. After two hours of walking, you will return by bus to the town of Aguas Calientes and have free time to have lunch and get to know this magical town a little. Finally, at the scheduled time, you must board your train to make the return trip to the city of Cusco.
- Start the tour with the tourist pick-up at the door of your hotel. The group will travel by minivan for approximately 1 hour 45 minutes until arriving at the town of Ollantaytambo, in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- In Ollantaytambo we will board the tourist train service ‘Expedition’ in the direction of Aguas Calientes. The trip lasts almost 2 hours in which you can appreciate the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley.
- Once in Aguas Calientes you must take one of the tourist buses that in just 30 minutes will take you to the entrance gate of Machu Picchu. There you will meet your tour guide so that everyone can enter the Inca wonder together.
- For a little over 2 hours you will visit the main buildings of Machu Picchu, always in the company of your tour guide. On the way you will have time to take the classic photos in Machu Picchu, including the classic postcard photo.
- Then, your guide will direct you to the entrance door to the Huayna Picchu mountain where you must show your ticket and tour the mountain for approximately 2 hours. At the top you can take spectacular photos of the whole place.
- At the time indicated by the guide, they must leave Machu Picchu and take the bus back to the town of Aguas Calientes.
- In Aguas Calientes all tourists will have free time to have lunch (not included in the tour) and visit this magical place, famous for its car-free streets, its huge mountains, mighty rivers and hectic life full of tourism.
- At the scheduled time, you must board your tourist train ‘Expedition’ back to the town of Ollantaytambo. There, they will also have to board the minivan that will finally return them to the city of Cusco.
- End of the tour in one of the central squares of the city (close to most hotels and tourist restaurants).
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Transportation by minivan from Cusco to Ollantaytambo.
- Transportation by tourist train ‘Expedition’.
- Transportation by tourist bus from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu.
- Entrance tickets ‘Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu’.
- Tour guide service in English and Spanish (shared service).
- Tour cancellation option.
- Breakfast and lunch
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- A coat.
- Poncho for rain.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable trekking shoes.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the tourist picking up at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at a central location in the city, such as a square.
- The tour ends at Square Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most tourist hotels and restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce the symptoms, try to acclimatize the day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking coca leaf infusions (a natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at email@example.com.
Is Huayna Picchu within Machu Picchu?
Yes. Huayna Picchu is the huge mountain that stands out in the classic postcard photo that tourists take in Machu Picchu. There are stone roads to its top that were built by the Incas. The entrance to this mountain is inside Machu Picchu, in the Sacred Rock sector.
Is Huayna Picchu dangerous?
Many people think that Huayna Picchu is dangerous. However, none of them have traveled this mountain. The truth is, this short hiking trail is tough. It crosses ascending paths that require physical effort. Despite what many think, no one has suffered a serious accident on this route.
Can children and older adults climb Huayna Picchu?
The entrance to Huayna Picchu is only allowed for people over 12 years old. Children under 18 must enter in the company of their parents or an elderly person. Older adults should consult their doctor before doing this route, which requires considerable physical effort.
Does the tour also include a visit to Machu Picchu?
Yes. The tour includes both the visit to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu. Due to the short duration of the tour (1 day), both tours have to be with a limited time.