Tour to Inti Raymi Full Day
About this tour
- Start: At 8 in the morning at the door of your hotel.
- Duration: 6 hours.
- Type of transport: Large full equipment minivan.
- Tickets included (no queues): Entrance ‘Green Zone’ Sacsayhuaman (Orange or red zone optional).
- Tour guide: In English and Spanish (shared service).
- Feeding: ‘Box lunch’.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Cusco celebrates every June 24 one of the most amazing traditions in the world: the Inti Raymi festival. This gigantic staging revalues the Inca heritage through a festival in honor of the sun, just as the Incas did hundreds of years ago. The tour includes a seat on the esplanade of the Sacsayhuaman archaeological site to appreciate the event. It also offers a tourist guide service that will accompany you in the scenes in the famous Coricancha temple and in the Main Square. The service also includes transportation and ‘box lunch’.
So is the experience
- If you plan to visit Cusco on June 24, you should not miss the incredible Inti Raymi show in the city of Cuzco. The tour includes personalized attention from start to finish. It begins with an appointment at a meeting point in the center of Cusco and the accompaniment with a professional tour guide through all the scenarios where the show will take place: Coricancha, Main Square and Sacsayhuaman. Each details of the show will be explained by the guide. The service also includes transportation all day as well as a nutritious box lunch.
- On June 24 at 8 am we will meet at the Valeriana café (in front of the Coricancha) to go to the temple of Coricancha where the first staging of the Inti Raymi takes place.
- This staging is open to all people, including local people, so you will necessarily have to appreciate the show standing up, like everyone else. However, you can optionally add to the tour an entrance ticket to appreciate this show from a seat (subject to availability).
- We will then walk to Cusco’s Main Square, where the second staging of the Inti Raymi will take place. This show is also open to the public so it will be necessary to find a suitable location.
- After the ceremony in the Plaza de Armas, the tourist transportation will take us to the famous Inca fortress of Sacsayhuaman. There, each visitor will receive a box lunch to recharge their batteries. This staging is suitable only for people who have purchased their tickets. As the tour includes admission tickets, each visitor will enjoy the show in their respective seats in total comfort.
- Optionally, the tourist can add a preferential location in the orange (recommended) or red zone seats.
- The staging in Sacsayhuaman is the most spectacular of the Inti Raymi. It lasts approximately 2 hours (ending at about 3.30 pm).
- Finally, in the afternoon, the tourist transport will return the tourists to Cusco city center where the tour ends.
- Wide tourist transport.
- Entrance tickets to the Inti Raymi show in Sacsayhuaman in green zone (orange or red zone optional).
- Entrance ticket to the Inti Raymi show in Coricancha (optional for an extra fee).
- Tourist guide service in English and Spanish.
- Box lunch.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes.
- A jacket.
- Poncho for rain.
- Snacks and drinks.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the group meeting at the meeting point of the Valeriana coffee (in front of the esplanade of the Coricancha).
- The tour ends at Square Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most hotels and tourist restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce symptoms, try to acclimatize yourself one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking infusions of coca leaf (natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at email@example.com.
What day does the tour take place?
The Inti Raymi (Festival of the Sun) is celebrated every June 24 in the city of Cusco. It is about the vindication of an ancient Inca celebration. Currently it is celebrated with an immense staging.
What type of ticket does the tour include?
The tour includes the entrance ticket to the ‘Green Zone’ of the Inti Raymi show in the Sacsayhuaman fortress. This ticket is a general admission. There are tickets with better positions in the show. You can change a better entry by requesting it to our email.
Is the Inti Raymi show in Coricancha and Main Square free?
Yes. Inti Raymi shows in the Coricancha temple and the Main Square in the city of Cusco are free for the general public. So a large crowd gathers. Instead, the show at the Sacsayhuaman fortress requires an entrance ticket.
How long is the Inti Raymi show in Sacsayhuaman?
The Inti Raymi show in Sacsayhuaman (the most important) lasts approximately 2 hours. Hundreds of actors and actresses who personify the Inca, his wife, his entourage, army and his hundreds of servants participate in this show.