Guided tour to Maras and Moray half day with all inclusive
- Visit two of the most popular tourist attractions in Cusco, the circular platforms of Moray and the famous salt mines of Maras. Both locations included on a half-day all-inclusive tour.
- In addition, he knows the traditions of the descendants of the Incas. Visit the town of Maras, one of the most important in the Spanish colony. Also appreciate the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas such as the snowy Chicón and Verónica.
About this tour
- Type of transport:
Large minivan with full equipment.
- Tickets included (no queues):
To the Moray platforms and the Maras salt mines.
- Tourist guide:
In English and Spanish (shared service).
At 8 in the morning at the door of your hotel.
- Payment methods:
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
So is the experience
- Travel through the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, such as the snowy Chicón and Verónica until you reach the traditional town of Maras, which was of great importance during the colony. After touring the history of this town, you will get to know the circular platforms of Moray, a set of agricultural terraces that the Incas built to experiment with various products. Today it is one of the most photographed places due to its scenic beauty. Next, tour the Maras salt mines, a set of naturally occurring salt pits hundreds of years ago. The Incas worked this salt and the local population continues to do so. The panoramic landscapes of these salt wells are preferred by tourists.
- We will pick you up from the door of your hotel (only for hotels located in the historic center of the city) to transfer you to the town of Maras (a little over 1 hour trip). On the way you will appreciate the beautiful landscapes of the sacred valley of the Incas.
- In the town of Maras you will appreciate its old colonial church, its peculiar square and learn a little about the history of this town with deeply rooted customs, which enjoyed great prominence during the colony.
- Next, we will go to the circular platforms of Moray, a set of concentric platforms made by the Incas where each floor has its own micro-climates, managing to cultivate different products at different altitudes.
- Finally we will go to the famous salt mines of Maras, a set of up to two thousand natural salt wells formed hundreds of years ago. We will know how salt was exploited by the Incas and how the current community members of the place continue to do so. We will also get to know the famous pink salt, one of the few that exists in the world and that is in Maras.
- Pick up from the door of the tourist’s hotel.
- Entrance tickets to all sites.
- Complete comfortable and safe transport.
- Tourist guide service in English and Spanish.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- Poncho for rain.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Hat and sunscreen.
- Cash for crafts and other extra expenses.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at a central location in the city, such as a square.
- The tour ends at Square Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most hotels and tourist restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce symptoms, try to acclimatize yourself one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking infusions of coca leaf (natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at email@example.com
What to visit in the town of Maras?
Maras was a colonial town that stands out for its famous church and its doors.
Is the tour dangerous?
No. The tour is totally safe. The visit to the platforms of Moray and the Salineras de Maras does not represent any danger for the visitor.
Can I enter the Moray platforms?
No. The rules in Moray do not allow you to enter the platforms. To appreciate them there are several viewpoints.
Can I enter the wells of the Maras salt mines?
No. It used to be possible to enter the salt wells. However, today, because the salt is processed for human consumption, it is not possible to enter. To appreciate the salt wells there are several viewpoints.