Inca Trail Tour 2 days for Peruvians
About this tour
- Start: At 4.45 am with the pick up at the door of your hotel in Cusco.
- Duration: 2 days.
- Transport service: Tourist transfer, tourist train (Expedition) and tourist bus.
- Tickets included (no queues): Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu (complete circuit with classic photo).
- Feeding. 1 breakfast, 1 lunch (box lunch) and 1 dinner.
- Lodging. In a tourist hostel in the town of Aguas Calientes.
- Tour guide: In Spanish or English (group service of up to 10 people).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- immediate confirmation.
- The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is considered the best way to discover the Wonder of the World. The classic route lasts 4 days and covers approximately 39 kilometers. The short route, 2 days and 13 kilometers on average. This tour is recommended for people who do not have enough time to visit Cusco. The tour includes everything you need for a safe and well-organized visit: pick up from the hotel, tourist transport (bus and train), professional guide, tickets (including Machu Picchu), food and lodging in Aguas Calientes. Peruvians benefit from discounts on various services. So you can enjoy a complete and memorable tour.
This is the experience
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist from the door of his hotel in Cusco and the transfer to the Wánchaq train station in the same city. Then a trip is made in Bimodal tourist service (bus + train) to kilometer 104 of the railway to Machu Picchu. There begins the 13-kilometer walk that includes a visit to the Inca sites of Chachabamba, Wiñayhuayna and Machu Picchu. That day you descend directly to Aguas Calientes to dedicate the second day completely to discover Machu Picchu.. The return is also in Bimodal tourist service (bus + train). The tour includes food, transportation, a professional guide, a tourist hostel, and everything within a well-organized and safe service.
- On the day of the tour, between 4:40 and 5 am, we will pick you up from your tourist hotel in Cusco to transfer you by tourist transport to the Wánchaq train station, located in the same city.
- In Wánchaq we will board the Peru Rail ‘Bimodal’ bus service, which will take us for 1 hour 40 minutes to the train station in the town of Ollantaytambo, in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Once in the town of Aguas Calientes we will have a few free minutes to have breakfast on our own (not included in the tour). Then, always together with our tour guide, we will board the ‘Expedition’ tourist train to travel, for 1 hour 15 minutes, to kilometer 104 of the train track that leads to Machu Picchu.
- At kilometer 104 the walk begins. Together with the whole group we will get ready to start the 13-kilometre route on ascending, flat and descending paths. After registering at the control point, a short walk is made to arrive at the archaeological site of Chachabamba.
- The tour guide will explain details of this Inca citadel. Then we will continue the hike for a section uphill through impressive tropical mountains until we arrive at the archaeological site of Wiñayhuayna.
- In Wiñayhuayna the guide will give us information about this Inca citadel, which bears a resemblance to Machu Picchu. There we will have free time to enjoy the box lunch included in the tour.
- After lunch and the visit to the Wiñayhuayna, the walk continues through flat sections until arriving at the Puerta del Sol, the Intipunku or entrance door to the Inca citadel in Inca times. From there you have the first view of Machu Picchu, an unforgettable memory.
- After reaching the Intipunku, descend to Machu Picchu. There is an opportunity to get the classic photo at sunset, a precise moment to get magical shots. Then we will leave the Inca citadel to descend to Aguas Calientes. Optionally, the tourist can buy the bus ticket for that last stretch of 10 kilometers downhill.
- At night we will enjoy dinner in a tourist restaurant in the town.
- That first night we will rest in a tourist hostel in Aguas Calientes.
- Early in the morning we can have breakfast at the tourist hostel (or request a box lunch) and then meet with the tour guide and walk a few steps to the bus station in the town of Aguas Calientes.
- The bus trip is included in the tour. The bus ride is uphill and takes only 30 minutes. At the entrance gate of Machu Picchu we will enter the Inca citadel, always with our professional tour guide.
- In the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu we will follow Circuit 2, the most complete and recommended because it includes a visit to most of the temples and stone buildings. The circuit also includes the classic postcard photo of Machupicchu from the House of the Guardian.
- In total, the visit to Machu Picchu takes approximately 2 hours 30 minutes. It is a unique and memorable experience in one of the best tourist destinations in South America.
- After the visit to Machu Picchu, at the exit door of the Inca citadel, we will board the tourist bus that will take us down to the town of Aguas Calientes in 30 minutes. There we will have free time to have lunch (not included in the tour) and learn more about the town, one of the most picturesque in Peru.
- The tour guide will accompany us and will establish an exact time to meet at the train station, located in the center of the town of Aguas Calientes. There we will board the Peru Rail Expedition tourist train that will take us to the town of Ollantaytambo (approximately 1 hour 40 minute trip).
- In Ollantaytambo we will transfer to one of the Peru Rail tourist buses (Bimodal service). The bus trip takes 1 hour 40 minutes and ends at the Wánchaq station in the city of Cusco.
- At the Wánchaq station, a tourist transport will wait for us to make the final transfer to the door of your hotel in Cusco. The tour ends at an average of 9 pm.
Short Inca Trail Tour for Peruvians
Price per person
included in the tour
- Pick up from the hotel in the city of Cusco.
- Tourist transport to Wánchaq station.
- Travel by tourist bus ‘Bimodal’ to the Ollantaytambo train station.
- Travel by Expedition tourist train to kilometer 104 of the road to Machu Picchu.
- Permission to enter the Inca Trail.
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch (box lunch) and 1 dinner.
- Professional tour guide service in Spanish and English.
- 1 night in a tourist hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu town).
- First aid kit.
- Ticket ‘Machu Picchu Only’.
- Tourist bus ‘Consettur’ for the route Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Return to Cusco by tourist train (Bimodal service).
- Breakfast on day 1. Lunch and dinner on day 2.
- Bus down to Aguas Calientes on day 1.
- Entrance to the Huayna Picchu mountain.
What to bring to the tour?
- Identity document (or passport).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- A windbreaker jacket.
- Raincoat for cases of rain.
- Comfortable trekking shoes.
- Mosquito repellent.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The adventure begins with the pick up of the visitor at the door of his hotel between 4.40 am and 5 am. The pick up is valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city (most tourist hotels are there). In case your hotel is not in the center of the city, the tourist transport will pick you up in a central place in the city, such as a square.
- The tour ends at around 9 pm with the final transfer of the tourist to the door of his hotel in Cusco.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche is a natural discomfort felt by visitors in Cusco, a city located 3,399 meters above sea level. The symptoms are caused by the altitude that causes the organism to adapt to the low oxygen of high-altitude geographies.
- To reduce the symptoms of altitude sickness, it is recommended to take coca leaf infusions (a natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option. In any case, the organism adapts better to the geography of Cusco on the first or second day of adaptation.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at email@example.com.
How many kilometers does the Inca Trail cover in 2 days?
The Short Inca Trail (2 days) has a 13-kilometer route, from the starting point at kilometer 104 of the railway to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. If a descent on foot to Aguas Calientes is added, the route would be 23 kilometers in total.
What does the Inca Trail 2 days to Machupicchu include?
The 2-day Inca Trail tour includes: pick up from the hotel, full tourist transportation (by bus and Expedition train), professional guide (Spanish or English), permit for the Inca Trail, entrance to Machu Picchu, 1 breakfast, 1 lunch (box lunch) , 1 dinner, Consettur tourist bus (Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes route), 1 night in a tourist hostel in Aguas Calientes and return to Cusco by train with transfer to the hotel door.
Can I do the Inca Trail without a tour?
No. Because it is a route protected by the Peruvian State, only people with authorization can access the Inca Trail route. This authorization is processed by a tourism agency and is included in the tour.
Can I cancel the Inca Trail 2 days tour?
No. Due to the rules of the Ministry of Culture of Peru, the Inca Trail routes (4 or 2 days) cannot be cancelled. Therefore, cancellations with a tourism agency are not allowed.
What to bring to the Short Inca Trail tour?
To carry out the 2-day Inca Trail tour, it is recommended to bring the following: comfortable light sportswear, resistant trekking shoes, rehydrating water, snacks, hat (or hat), sunscreen, poncho in case of rain, mosquito repellent, clothing for sleep and, very important, passport or identity document, as well as extra money in cash. Everything should be in a comfortable backpack.
Does the Inca Trail 2 days tour include camping?
No. The Inca Trail 2 days tour does not include camping. It does include one night in a tourist hostel in the town of Aguas Calientes, which offers: comfortable facilities, hot shower, Wi-Fi internet and more.
Can everyone do the Inca Trail tour 2 days?
Yes, the 2-day Inca Trail tour is recommended for people of all ages: from children 8 years of age and older to older adults in good physical condition (without heart problems).
Can I improve the tour by adding services?
Yes, all tourists can request to improve the services offered such as: Vistadome train, buffet lunch at the restaurant of the 5-star Sanctuary Lodge hotel (on day 2), the tourist hotel included, as well as the entrance to the Huayna Picchu mountain. To request it, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or one of our travel advisors at (+51) 982 108 083.