Tour 7 days and 6 nights in Cusco and Machu Picchu
About this tour
- Start: With pickup at the Cusco airport.
- Duration: 7 days and 6 nights.
- Type of transport: Tourist minivan for each excursion, tourist train to Machu Picchu (Peru Rail and Inca Rail tourist service).
- Tickets included (no lines): Entrance ticket to all tourist attractions.
- Tour guide: In English and Spanish (shared service).
- Food. Breakfast every day, 3 lunches (1 lunch at Tunupa buffet restaurant, the best in the Sacred Valley).
- Lodging: 5 nights in a hotel in the city of Cusco and 1 night in a hotel in Aguas Calientes (standard quality of excellent quality).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Get to know the best tourist attractions of Cusco: the Inca capital, the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, the 7 colors mountain, the Humantay lagoon, as well as Maras and Moray. The tour offers all the necessary services for a pleasant experience: pick-up from the airport, complete transportation, professional guide, tickets to all tourist attractions and a tourist hotel for every night (2-star service). The tour includes breakfast every day at the tourist hotel. For three days a buffet lunch is included. Does not include dinners. The tour is perfect for the whole family and is available every day of the year.
This is the experience
- The tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist from the Cusco airport and the subsequent transfer to the hotel in the city center. The first day the Cusco City Tour takes place. On day 2, the tour of the Sacred Valley with buffet in Urubamba and train trip to the hotel in Aguas Calientes. On day 3 the tour to Machu Picchu takes place. On day 4 the tour to the 7 Colors Mountain takes place. On day 5, the visit to the Salineras de Maras and the circular platforms of Moray. On day 6 we will take the tour to the Humantay lagoon. On day 7, the transfer to Cusco airport finally takes place. The tour includes everything: pick-up from the airport, complete transportation, professional guide, tickets to all tourist attractions and a tourist hotel for every night (2-star service).
DAY 1: Pick up from the airport, transfer to hotel and City Tour Cusco
- The adventure begins with the pick-up of the visitor from the airport in the city of Cusco.
- After pickup from the airport, we will travel to your hotel in the city of Cusco (2-star hotel recommended for its quality).
- After free time for lunch, in the afternoon (pick up at 1.30 pm), the tourist will take the City Tour that includes: the Cathedral, Coricancha, Sacsayhuamán, Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay.
- After visiting all these tourist attractions, we return to the city center of Cusco at approximately 6:30 pm.
- After dinner (not included in the tour), the visitor will spend the first night in their tourist hotel in Cusco.
DAY 2: Excursion to the Sacred Valley with overnight stay in Aguas Calientes
- After breakfast at the tourist’s hotel, the tour to the Sacred Valley begins with pickup from the door of your hotel at 7:30 in the morning.
- First we will visit the Taray viewpoint, which offers an amazing view of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Then we will make the trip and visit the archaeological site of Pisac, famous for its immense platforms, temples, Inca enclosures and even the remains of a cemetery.
- Then, aboard our tourist transportation, we will travel to the town of Urubamba to enjoy a buffet lunch at the Tunupa restaurant.
- Then we will visit the town and archaeological site of Ollantaytambo famous for its stone buildings such as the Temple of the Sun, the 10 Hornacinas Enclosure and the ñusta baths.
- After the visit, the tourist transportation will take us very close to the train station where we will board the Inca Rail The Voyager service.
- The Inca Rail train trip is comfortable and safe. It offers comfortable seats and large windows. The trip lasts 1 hour 40 minutes, after which you will arrive at the town of Aguas Calientes.
- In this town an assistant will take us to the tourist hotel (comfortable 2-star service). It’s time to rest there since the next day we will visit Machu Picchu.
DAY 3: Excursion to Machu Picchu and return to Cusco
- The third day begins with breakfast in the hotel dining room in Aguas Calientes. Then, at around 7 o’clock, the guide will take you on foot to the town’s bus station, located just a few steps away.
- At the bus station we will board the transportation services that in 30 minutes will take us to the access gate of Machupicchu.
- Once in Machu Picchu we will enter with our professional guide to do the 2 hour 30 minute circuit (circuit 2), which includes a visit to: the Guardian House sector (classic landscape photo of Machu Picchu), the Temple Main, the Temple of the Sun, the Temple of the 3 Windows, the Sacred Rock, the Temple of the Condor and more.
- After visiting Machu Picchu, it is time to return by bus (30-minute trip). Once in the town of Aguas Calientes there is free time for lunch (lunch not included). or walk through its picturesque streets.
- After that we will board the Peru Rail Expedition train to make the return trip to Ollantaytambo. Finally you can take the bus trip to Cusco (at Wánchaq station).
- That day the excursion concludes with the final transfer of the tourist to the door of their hotel in the city of Cusco (at approximately 9 pm).
DAY 4: Visit to 7 Colors Mountain
- Day 4 begins with pickup from the tourist’s hotel at 5 am. Then, aboard the tourist transportation, we will travel to Cusipata to have a local-style breakfast.
- After breakfast, we continue by tourist transport for 1 hour until arriving at the Phulawasipata camp. There the approximately 5 kilometer walk begins (optional to rent a horse in the same place).
- After a walk of almost 2 hours we will arrive at the 7 Colors Mountain, also called Vinicunca. There we will enjoy one of the most beautiful landscapes in Cusco. We will always be accompanied by the guide for any questions.
- After the return walk we will arrive at the Phulawasipata camp. Then we will return by tourist transportation to Cusipata where, in turn, we will enjoy a buffet lunch made with delicious Andean ingredients.
- Finally, we will begin the return trip by tourist transportation until arriving in the city of Cusco at approximately 5:30 pm.
- The fourth night is to rest at the tourist hotel in the city.
DAY 5: Visit to the Moray platforms and the Maras salt mines
- The fifth day is a half-day visit to the circular platforms of Moray and the Salineras de Maras.
- The adventure begins with the pick-up of the visitor from their hotel in the city of Cusco at approximately 8 in the morning.
- Then, aboard a tourist transport, we will travel to the town of Maras, located in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. There, in addition, we will learn about the history of the town, its doorways, temples and other buildings from the colonial era.
- Next, we will travel to the circular platforms of Moray where the guide will explain its importance and beautiful landscape. We will have the opportunity to get beautiful photos of this famous landscape.
- After this visit, it is time to travel to the Maras salt mines where we will learn about the history and importance of the hundreds of natural salt wells formed thousands of years ago. We will also get spectacular photos.
- Then we will begin the return trip to the city of Cusco where we will arrive at approximately 2 pm.
- We will have the afternoon free in Cusco. We will be able to walk through its historic streets. At night we will rest at the tourist hotel.
DAY 6: Excursion to Humantay lagoon
- The sixth day will begin with the pick-up of the tourist at the door of their hotel in Cusco (approximately 4.30 am).
- After a 2-hour trip we will arrive at the town of Mollepata where we will enjoy a delicious buffet breakfast.
- Then we will continue with the trip towards the Soraypampa camp. There we will get ready to make the walk to the Humantay lagoon (optional to rent a horse in the same place).
- The walk is 2 kilometers uphill. It takes between 1 to 2 hours to get to the lagoon. Once there we will appreciate one of the most beautiful landscapes in Cusco.
- Always with the company of a professional guide we will get to know the lagoon. After visiting the lagoon, we will return to Soraypampa. There we will take transportation to the town of Mollepata.
- In Mollepata we will enjoy a buffet lunch made with Andean ingredients.
- After the visit we will return to the city of Cusco where we will arrive at approximately 6 pm.
- At night we will rest at the tourist hotel in Cusco.
DAY 7: End of the tour
- On day 7 we will have breakfast at the tourist hotel in Cusco. Then a transport will pick us up at the hotel door to transfer us to the Alejandro Velasco Astete airport in Cusco.
- At the airport the tour farewell takes place, concluding the ‘7 days and 6 nights in Cusco and Machu Picchu’ tour.
- End of the tour.
- Pick up from the airport in the city of Cusco.
- Pick up from the tourist hotel for each excursion.
- Complete tourist transportation (in large minivan and Peru Rail and Inca Rail tourist train for the visit to Machu Picchu).
- Complete official tourism guide in English or Spanish.
- 6 nights in a hotel in the city of Cusco in standard 2-star service (5 nights in the city of Cusco and 1 night in the town of Aguas Calientes).
- 6 breakfasts.
- 3 lunches (on the Sacred Valley, 7 Colors Mountain and Humantay Lagoon tour).
- City Tour Cusco.
- Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour.
- Machu Picchu Full Day Tour.
- Maras – Moray half day tour.
- Full Day 7 Colors Mountain Tour.
- Humantay Lagoon Full Day Tour.
- Return to Cusco airport.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Plane tickets.
What to bring?
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes.
- A jacket (for cold nights in Cusco).
- Photo camera.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The ‘7 days and 6 nights in Cusco and Machu Picchu’ tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist at the Cusco airport.
- The ‘7 days and 6 nights in Cusco and Machu Picchu’ tour ends with transfer and farewell at the Cusco airport.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- The city of Cusco (3,399 meters above sea level) and its tourist attractions are in the heart of the Andes Mountains, a mountainous geography where you can suffer the symptoms of altitude sickness, the symptoms of which are dizziness, fatigue or nausea.
- How to reduce these symptoms? Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before your visit. The body of each tourist, after one or two days in Cusco, will achieve good acclimatization.
Group or private services
- The ‘7 days and 6 nights in Cusco and Machu Picchu’ tour is carried out with group services. For a more personalized private service, you can request it through us at email@example.com.
Does the ‘7 days and 6 nights in Cusco and Machu Picchu’ tour include plane tickets?
The tour does not include plane tickets, but these can be managed with our sales advisor at WhatsApp (+51) 982 108 083 or at (+51) 994 349 441 or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to pay for the ‘7 days and 6 nights in Cusco and Machu Picchu’ tour?
You can pay for the tour 100% online through our payment form. Another way is to contact a sales advisor via WhatsApp at (+51) 982 108 083 or (+51) 994 349 441. All payments are made with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club credit or debit cards or American Express.
How do I change the date if I have already purchased the ‘7 days and 6 nights in Cusco and Machu Picchu’ tour?
The tour does not allow changes of date or tour owners once payment for the service has been made.
How do I cancel the ‘7 days and 6 nights in Cusco and Machu Picchu’ tour?
Yes, tour cancellations are allowed. For this it is necessary to send a request to the email: email@example.com. Cancellations have a penalty of 50% of the total value paid (last deadline is 5 days before the tour).
What type of hotels are included in the ‘7 days and 6 nights in Cusco and Machu Picchu’ tour?
The ‘7 days and 6 nights in Cusco and Machu Picchu’ tour includes 5 hotel nights in the city of Cusco and 1 hotel night in Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu town). All hotels are 2-star tourist hotels recommended for their comfort, cleanliness and excellent organization. All offer towels, hair dryer, hot shower, wifi internet, breakfast in the dining room and more.
Does the tour include lunch?
Yes, the tour includes 3 lunches: 1 lunch on the 7 Colors Mountain tour (day 4), 1 lunch on the Humantay Lagoon tour (day 6) and one lunch on the Sacred Valley of the Incas tour (day 2). The latter is in the tourist restaurant in Urubamba.