Short Inca Trail Tour 2 days with All Inclusive
- The Inca Trail is the most spectacular way to get to Machu Picchu. It lasts 4 days and must be booked several months in advance to get availability. If you do not have that much time during your holidays, the best option is definitely to do the 2-day Inca Trail, which is a short version of the classic route. To take this tour, the best option is to choose a well-organized all-inclusive service. This tour includes: tourist pickup from the door of your hotel, bus and train transportation to the starting point of the trek, bilingual tour guide service, food, accommodation in the town of Aguas Calientes and entrance to Machu Picchu. Everything you need for the trip!
About this tour
- Type of transport:
Large minivan with full equipment, train, bus.
- Tickets included (no queues):
Entrance ticket Machu Picchu Only.
- Tourist guide:
In English and Spanish (shared service).
1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner.
In a standard hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town).
At 4 in the morning on day 1 at the door of your hotel.
- Payment methods:
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
So is the experience
- Enjoy the Inca Trail 2 days, the best alternative option to the classic 4-day route. The tour includes transportation by minivan and train to the starting point of the trek. It also includes income to the Inca Trail, the Wiñayhuayna and Machu Picchu archaeological site as well as breakfast, lunch, dinner, tour guide and return to Cusco by train and minivan. In Machupicchu Terra you can benefit from everything the tourist needs for a well-organized visit. Furthermore, the tourist can rest easy because the tour is organized by a secure agency. It offers personalized assistance, safety equipment during trekking and many other benefits.
- A day before we will gather the group to meet and do a ‘briefing’ of what the adventure will be like.
- We will pick you up very early from the door of your hotel to transport us in our minivan to the Ollantaytambo train station in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- On board the ‘Expedition’ train we will travel through beautiful landscapes until we reach kilometer 104 of the railway, the starting point of the short Inca Trail.
- After registering at the control point of the Inca Trail, we will start a short journey until we reach the archaeological site of Chachabamba.
- We will continue our way uphill through impressive tropical landscapes until we reach the archaeological site of Wiñayhuayna. There we will enjoy a reparative lunch (box lunch).
- Then we will continue climbing up slopes until we finally reach Intipunku (Puerta del Sol), from where all the beauty of Machu Picchu is appreciated. We are finally here!
- From Puerta del Sol we will descend to Machu Picchu and from there we will take one of the buses heading to the famous town of Aguas Calientes where we will rest at the hotel destined for that night.
- Before resting, we will enjoy a dinner made with Peruvian ingredients in Aguas Calientes.
- We will get up very early to have breakfast and ascend by bus to the Inca City of Machu Picchu.
- All morning we will dedicate to tour Machu Picchu. First in the company of our tour guide and then on your own.
- We will descend from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes on foot through beautiful landscapes. Tourists who wish can do so by bus (upon reservation on the tour).
- After Machu Picchu we will return by bus to Aguas Calientes. There we will have free time to have lunch and make the last purchases before returning to Cusco.
- At the scheduled time, we will board the ‘Expedition’ train bound for Ollantaytambo. From there a minivan will take us back to the city of Cusco.
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Transportation at the start of the bus and train ‘Expedition’ hike.
- Equipment for hiking.
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner.
- Tourist guide service in English and Spanish.
- 1 night in a standard hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town).
- First aid kit.
- Entrance ‘Machu Picchu Solo’.
- Bus and train to return to Cusco.
- Breakfast on day 1. Lunch and dinner on day 2.
- Descent bus to Aguas Calientes on day 1.
What to bring
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- A jacket.
- Poncho for rain.
- Extra snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable trekking shoes.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at a central location in the city, such as a plaza.
- The tour ends at Plaza Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most hotels and tourist restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce symptoms, try to acclimatize yourself one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking infusions of coca leaf (natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at email@example.com.