Inca Jungle Tour 4 days with All Inclusive
- Know Machu Picchu through one of the most famous adventure routes in Cusco. This is the Inca Jungle, a 4-day and 3-night route that includes a spectacular descent on a bicycle, a trekking section through incredible landscapes as well as a relaxing afternoon in the Cocalmayo thermal baths. The entire trip is organized so that the visitor only worries about enjoying this adventure every day. Includes: full transportation, tourist guide, bicycles, security equipment, entrance fees to all places, lodging at each place, food and much more.
About this tour
- Type of transport:
Large minivan with full equipment.
- Tickets included (no queues):
Entrance ticket to Choquequirao.
- Tourist guide:
In English and Spanish (shared service).
Bicycles in perfect condition.
Complete in local restaurants.
Hotels 3 days.
At 4 in the morning on day 1 at the door of your hotel.
- Payment methods:
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
So is the experience
- The Inca Jungle is one of the adventures preferred by young people, a group of friends or adventurous families who want to spend a few days of relaxation doing sports and, incidentally, visit Machu Picchu. The trip begins in the city of Cusco from where you will travel to the ‘Abra Málaga’ from where you will make a descent by bicycle to the town of Santa María in the jungle of Cusco. The next day there will be a walk to the town of Santa Teresa, famous for its thermal baths in Cocalmayo. The next day, after relaxing in the thermal baths, we will walk towards the town of Aguas Calientes, also known as Machu Picchu town. In this magical place we will spend the night to visit Machu Picchu the next day. The tour includes everything you need to spend 4 days of well-organized adventures.
- It all starts with the tourist pick up at the door of your hotel in the city of Cusco. The minivan will take you to the upper part of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, the ‘Abra Málaga’, from where you can see the entire jungle of Cusco. On board our bicycles and the necessary safety equipment, we will descend for several kilometers until we reach the town of Santa María. In this descent of approximately 4 hours, we will have lunch in one of the local towns. Finally we will arrive at the town of Santa María where we will have dinner and spend the night in a local lodging.
- Very early we will get up to enjoy a nutritious breakfast. Then we will start the hiking trails, first uphill where we will appreciate the vastness of trees and green mountains. In the town of Quellumayo we will stop for lunch at a local restaurant. In the afternoon we will continue our route through beautiful landscapes until we reach the town of Santa Teresa. There we will relax in the famous thermal baths of Cocalmayo. In Santa Teresa we will have dinner and spend the night in a local hotel.
- Very early we will get up for our nutritious breakfast. That day we will continue walking through landscapes of the jungle of Cusco. First we will make the route from Santa Teresa to the Hydroelectric station where we will have lunch. Then we will follow the route that connects with Aguas Calientes. That day we will walk a little more than 20 kilometers along paths of beautiful vegetation and imposing mountains. At night, when we arrive in Aguas Calientes, we will have the option of relaxing in the local thermal baths. In this magical town we will have dinner and spend the night in a local hotel.
- The last day we will enjoy a nutritious breakfast to continue with all the energy the final stretch of the ascent to Machu Picchu. Tourists who no longer want to walk can get on the bus (not included in the tour). After almost 2 hours of hard walking, we will finally arrive at Machu Picchu. There, our tour guide will explain every detail of the wonder of the world. Then we will return to Aguas Calientes on foot to rest a bit, have lunch (not included in the tour), buy sourdings and board the train that will return us to Ollantaytambo and, finally, the bus that will take us to the city of Cusco where the tour.
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Transportation to the start of the descent by bike in the Abra Málaga.
- Bicycle equipment and safety utensils.
- Accommodation 3 nights.
- Tourist guide service in English and Spanish.
- (3) Breakfasts, (3) lunches and (3) dinners in local restaurants.
- First aid kit.
- Machu Picchu Solo entrance.
- Cocalmayo thermal baths.
- Aguas Calientes thermal baths.
- Breakfast on day 1. Lunch and dinner on day 4.
What to bring
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- A jacket.
- Poncho for rain.
- Extra snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable trekking shoes.
- Mosquito repellent.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at a central location in the city, such as a plaza.
- The tour ends at Plaza Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most hotels and tourist restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce symptoms, try to acclimatize yourself one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking infusions of coca leaf (natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.