Rafting Tour in Cusco (Chuquicahuana) Full DayDay trips Adventure Sports
About this tour
- Start: At 8.30 in the morning at the door of your hotel.
- Duration: 9 hours.
- Type of transport: Wide minivan.
- Group availability: Due to availability, when 5 people get together, the payment link for the tour will be sent.
- Implements: All implements (life jacket, helmet, paddles, boat and wetsuit).
- Tour guide: Trained in rafting with knowledge of English and Spanish (shared service).
- Feeding. Lunch (with vegetarian option).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Go rafting safely in one of the most wonderful places in Cusco: the Chuquicahuana river in the South Valley of Cusco. The tour includes all the necessary safety equipment for an adventure like this: wetsuits, life jackets, paddles, helmets as well as clean and adequate facilities. The tour is suitable even for people who have no knowledge of rafting. The tour lasts 1 day and includes transportation, lunch and tour guide.
So is the experience
- Get to know the Chuquicahuana River, in the South Valley of Cusco, through an incredible canoeing route that includes everything you need, including safety implements. The adventure begins with the group meeting in a central point of the city of Cusco. The group will depart in a tourist transport to the facilities equipped with bathrooms and green areas where they can enlist with the implements that we will provide. Then we will go to the upper part of the river where, after a simple training of our tour guide, we will begin the descent through the tributaries of the river. The adventure is suitable for everyone since it has rapids of intensities I, II and III. After a good time of adrenaline, we will return to our camp for lunch and relax a bit in the facilities. Finally, we will return to the city of Cusco.
- At 8:30 am we will meet in a central point of the city to board our tourist transport with the whole group.
- We will travel through the beautiful landscapes of the South Valley of Cusco until arriving at the facilities, after almost 2 hours of travel. The facilities have showers, saunas, changing rooms, dining room, green areas and more. There they will receive their adventure safety equipment, such as: wetsuits, life jackets, paddles and helmets.
- Together again we will board tourist transportation for a short 15 minute trip to reach the high point of the river, known as Chuquicahuana. There our tour guide will give us an easy and brief talk on how to maneuver the kayaks.
- Finally we will enter the river in groups. The tributaries are of levels I, II and III, so everyone can enjoy the adventure.
- After a few hours of adventure, we will board our tourist transport to return to our facilities where we will enjoy a pleasant lunch. Then we can enjoy the facilities, the green areas with the tour guide.
- Finally, at sunset, the large minivan will wait for us to return to the city of Cusco.
- Equipment for boating (wetsuits, life jackets, paddles and helmets).
- Safety equipment.
- Facilities (bathrooms, showers, changing rooms, dining room).
- Transport in a comfortable and safe full minivan.
- Professional tour guide service in English and Spanish.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring
- Raincoat in case of rain.
- Sandals and towels.
- Extra clothes.
- Comfortable clothing (preferably sports).
- Hat and sunscreen.
- Photographic camera.
- Cash for crafts and other extra expenses.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour starts in a central point of the city (price agreed by the group).
- The tour ends at Squarea Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most hotels and tourist restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce symptoms, try to acclimatize yourself one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking infusions of coca leaf (natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I have to be a rafting expert to do the tour?
No. The tour offers levels of canoeing for all people. From inexperienced beginners to experienced people.
Does the tour include all the implements to do the sport?
Yes. The tour includes all the necessary implements for this adventure: wetsuits, life jackets, paddles, helmets and canoes.
Can the tour be done any day of the year?
Yes, the tour can be practiced every day of the year. During the rainiest months (January, February and March) it is possible to practice canoeing for experienced levels. The rest of the year you can do canoeing for beginners and intermediate levels.
It is dangerous?
No. The tour includes life jackets and experienced guides who help tourists with the practice of this sport. The tour is safe.