8 days tour: Inca Trail and Sacred Valley all includedExcursiones of several days
About this tour
- Start: Since your arrival in Cusco at the airport.
- Duration: 8 Days
- Lodging: 4 nights Cusco and 3 nights in camp
- Group: 16 people maximum.
- Type of transport: Minivan Sprinter, full equipo y cómodo.
- Tickets included: No more queues, tickets included.
- Tour guide: In English and Spanish (shared service)
- Feeding. Buffet lunch in Urubamba and during the camp
- Payment methods: Visa, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal, MasterCard.
- Immediate confirmation.
- This 8-day tour will allow you to get to know Cusco and then take one of the most beautiful hiking trails in South America. From the first day we will go through the airport so that you do not have problems getting to your hotel. The hotels we offer are in a central area where you can find restaurants, banks and markets nearby. The first two days you can acclimatize with simple activities and you will also enjoy a delicious buffet lunch. From the third day we will leave Cusco to do the Inca Trail. For 4 days we will be in contact with nature until we arrive at Machu Picchu, we will have all the necessary services for this activity. We will only have to enjoy the activities.
This is the experience
- We will coordinate the arrival time in Cusco to pick you up at the airport. Our agent will be in charge of taking you to your hotel and giving you, in case you want some advice on taxis, food or other details of interest. This first day you can rest during the morning. In the coordinated schedule we will meet with the guide and the group that will accompany us during the Inca Trail trek route, to receive the information and care that we have to follow. On the second day we will tour the Sacred Valley of the Incas and we will have a delicious buffet lunch in Urubamba, we will be able to choose between salads, main courses and desserts, all of them with local ingredients. The third day we will start the trek from Ollantaytambo. We will spend 3 nights in the camps provided by the team of porters and also; On the fourth day of the trek we will arrive at Machu Picchu very early and we will see all the architectural majesty of this city that borders on the clouds. The rest of the days you will have free time until we agree to pick you up from your hotel to take you to the airport on the last day.
Tour 8 days: Inca Trail and Sacred Valley
|2 star hotel||1,060 USD||1,010 USD|
|3 star hotel||1,280 USD||1,070 USD|
|4 star hotel||1,440 USD||1,170 USD|
Day 1: Reception at the airport
- We will be attentive to your arrival in Cusco.
- After confirming the arrival time, we will be waiting for you at the airport.
- You will have transportation from the airport to the hotel you have reserved.
- One of our agents will take care of this service.
- In the afternoon you will receive the briefing for the departure of the Inca Trail on the third day.
Day 2: Sacred Valley of the Incas
- We will drop by your hotel from 7:30 to 8:00 in the morning.
- You should wait ready with your belongings. Be sure to have an early breakfast at your hotel
- Our first destination on the way to the Sacred Valley will be the Taray viewpoint. It is an ideal place to take pictures.
- Next, we will visit the archaeological site of Pisac. Pisac was an important place, you can still find the remains of a cemetery, temples, warehouses and many platforms. It is a large place and we will dedicate a lot of time to it.
- At lunch time we will be in Urubamba. Here we will enter the Tunupa restaurant to taste the buffet lunch.
- After a brief rest we will leave for Ollantaytambo. Place that was a fortress and refuge for the Inca resistance.
- In the afternoon and before returning to Cusco, we will pass through Chinchero and the colonial church that was erected there.
- It is estimated to arrive in Cusco at 7:00 p.m. An ideal time for dinner.
Day 3: We start with the route to Inca trails (day 1)
- We will leave early in the direction of the Sacred Valley, so you must wait for us with all your belongings
- Once we arrive at Ollantaytambo, we will continue until kilometer 82, from where we will begin the walk.
- Here we will meet our entire team that will accompany us throughout the trek.
- The first day’s walk is along the Urubamba River and we will walk approximately 13 kilometers.
- We will pass by Llaqtapata, the place where we will have lunch.
- After our lunch we will continue along the route. We will spend the night in one of the camps that will be enabled according to availability.
- The options are the same as Llaqtapata, Ayapata, Wayllabamba or Llulluchapampa.
- Thanks to the team of porters and the cook, we will be able to spend the night in the camps and have dinner.
Day 4: Inca Trail (day 2)
- This day we will enjoy a nutritious breakfast . Then we will start the 11 kilometer walk throughout the day.
- It will be a complicated walk because it is ascending and we will reach 4200 masl.
- We will see the snow-capped Warmiwañuskca.
- Before starting to descend we can have lunch. With a spectacular view.
- We will continue our walk until we reach our camp. As the day before, we will be able to spend the night in our camp and have dinner.
- The possible camps are: Chaqueccocha, Pacaymayo, Llulluchapampa or Phuyutamarca.
Day 5: Inca Trail (day 3)
- The third day will be the longest path but the easiest at the same time.
- We will have a 16 kilometer route. On this day we will enter the Cusco jungle.
- We will visit two Inca archaeological sites: Sayacmarca and Phuyupatamarca.
- After that we will have our lunch.
- Like the night before we will spend the night according to availability.
- The possible camps are: Phuyupatamarca, Wiñayhuayna or the Bridge of Ruins.
Day 6: Inca Trail (day 4)
- This day we will leave early with the intention of reaching Machu Picchu.
- We will receive a box lunch for breakfast later.
- We will arrive at Intipunku and then we will descend to Machu Picchu with our guide.
- During our tour of Machu Picchu, we will see all the constructions of this citadel.
- For example, we will pass by the House of the Guardian, the houses, the platforms, the Temple of the Sun, the Temple of the 3 Windows, the Temple of the Condor, the Intihuatana area, the temple of the water mirrors and we will arrive to the Sacred Rock.
- Leaving Machu Picchu, we will be able to descend to Aguas Calientes in an ecological bus.
- In Aguas Calientes we can have lunch in the place of our choice.
- The train to return to Cusco will leave approximately between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. We will have to pay attention to the schedule that will be indicated on our tickets.
- Before that, we can walk through this ecological district, visit the thermal baths or buy a souvenir.
- The train trip will end at the Ollantaytambo train station.
- From Ollantaytambo we will board a bus or a minivan. It is expected to arrive in Cusco before 9:00 p.m.
- We will spend the night in our booked hotel
Day 7: Rest and free day
- This day you can rest from the long activity or have free time.
- You will spend the night in the same hotel.
Day 8: Farewell
- After prior coordination, we will go through your hotel to take you and your belongings to the airport.
- Tourist transportation to pick you up and take you to the airport.
- Briefing on the 4-day Inca Trail..
- You can book your hotel, we have services from 2 to 4 stars.
- Well-equipped camp for 3 nights on the Inca Trail.
- Round trip tourist transportation for all the destinations and activities that we will see.
- Entrance tickets to the venues detailed in the itinerary.
- Three breakfasts, three lunches and three dinners during the Inca Trail.
- Water and snacks during the Inca Trail.
- Pick up from your hotel to start the activities.
- Physical and virtual ticket to access Machu Picchu Only.
- Transportation fully equipped, comfortable and ideal for tourism.
- Bimodal transportation to get to Machu Picchu.
- Buffet lunch at Tunupa restaurant (day 2).
- Expert guides in the staging of all the activities that we will see
- Oxygen balloon.
- First aid kit.
- Vegetarian option.
- Transport to other unspecified destinations.
- Extra porters (only 12kg allowed).
- Extra mattresses (check extra price when booking).
- Hats or caps.
- First aid kit.
- Printed photographs.
What to bring?
- Identity document or passport will be essential.
- The identity document will be used to access all destinations. Tickets are named and must be validated.
- You will always need a sunscreen to care for your skin.
- During the 4-day trek, bring a change of clothes and a towel with personal hygiene kit.
- You will need mosquito repellent.
- At nights in Cusco you may require a jacket.
- On the way to Machu Picchu it may rain, so you will need a raincoat.
- Bring your camera with extra batteries.
Where does the tour start and end?
- We will be at the airport on your arrival in Cusco. After that we will take care of transporting you to the hotel you have reserved.
- On the last day we will also pick you up from your hotel to take you to the airport.
- We will have transportation for all activities.
Will I feel altitude sickness?
- The first day, when you arrive in Cusco, you will probably feel this discomfort.
- Symptoms are headache, malaise and in some cases, stomach ache.
- The first days it will be possible to acclimatize for the Inca Trail.
Is it necessary to go with an agency?
- Yes, do the Inca Trail, it is only possible to do it with agencies that have authorization.
- In Machupicchu Terra, we are an authorized agency with a lot of experience on the route.
- A tourism agency will allow you to make your trip without any problem.
Frequently asked questions
When I arrive in Cusco will I have my hotel reservation ready?
Yes, we’ll also take care of transporting it there. We will coordinate the arrival time in Cusco so that one of our agents will wait for you, identify himself and accompany you to his hotel.
Can altitude sickness put my life at risk?
Yes, but the symptoms are pretty straightforward, which will help you identify the ailment and treat it appropriately. For this reason, it is recommended not to drink or consume other substances to avoid confusion in the symptoms.
Does this package include transportation to start the activities?
Yes, every day we are in Cusco we can count on transportation from our hotel to start the activities. We will also take care of reserving the train ticket and minivan to return from Aguas Calientes to Cusco, in bimodal service.
Can I purchase this service privately?
Yes, just contact our travel consultants. They will give you the benefits of hiring a private tour with our agency. You can use WhatsApp or email: email@example.com
How much travel time is it to return from Aguas Calientes to Cusco?
From Aguas Calientes, we will travel by train to Ollantaytambo, which can take approximately two hours. After this trip, we will continue by bus or minivan to Cusco, the travel time can also take approximately 2 hours. In total, the travel time in bimodal service is 4 hours.
What is the best month to do this activity?
This activity cannot be carried out during the month of February. This is because the maintenance of the entire path is enabled and also because there is a strong presence of rain. The rest of the months it is possible to do the walk without problems.