Tour Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights
About this tour
- Start: With pickup at the airport in the city of Lima.
- Duration: 5 days and 4 nights.
- Type of transport: Tourist service, spacious minivan and train to Machu Picchu (Expedition tourist service).
- Tickets included (no lines): Entrance to all tourist attractions (no queues or additional payments).
- Tour guide: In English and Spanish (group service).
- Feeding. Breakfast every day, 1 buffet lunch in Urubamba.
- Lodging: 1 night in Lima, 2 nights in Cusco and 1 night in Aguas Calientes (standard quality service recommended).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Tour the main tourist attractions of Lima and Cusco. The ‘Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights’ tour offers visits to important tourist attractions in Peru such as: the city of Lima (City Tour), the city of Cusco (City Tour), the Sacred Valley of the Incas ( Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Urubamba) and the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. The tour includes pick-up from the Lima airport, complete transportation for each excursion, entrance to all tourist attractions, professional guide in Spanish or English, partial meals (breakfast and some lunches) as well as 4 nights in a hotel in standard service (2 stars ) in Lima, Cusco and Aguas Calientes.
This is the experience
- The tour begins with pickup from the airport in the city of Lima. Then, in the afternoon (at 2.20 pm), we will take the City Tour through the historic streets and buildings of the ‘City of Kings’. On day 2, after flight to Cusco, the Cusco City Tour takes place in the afternoon (from 1:30 pm to 7 pm). On day 3, the tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas takes place with an overnight stay in the town of Aguas Calientes. On day 4 it’s time to make the dream trip to Machu Picchu. On day 5, transfer to Cusco airport takes place. The tour includes everything: pickup, tourist transportation, professional guide, entrance fees, tourist hotel, breakfast and a buffet lunch in Urubamba.
DAY 1: Pick up from the Lima airport and the Lima City Tour
- The ‘Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights’ tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist from the Jorge Chávez international airport in the city of Lima.
- After pickup from the airport (prior coordination), the tourist is transferred to the tourist hotel in a central area of the city. Then the visitor will have time to organize their suitcases, walk around the city and have lunch (not included in the tour).
- In the afternoon the City Tour Lima takes place. Pick up is in a central square between 2.20 pm and 2.40 pm. Then, aboard a tourist transport, the visit to the main religious centers, temples and streets of the Incas, colonial and modern times takes place.
- The visit includes the Huaca Pucllana, the Plaza de Armas, the Plaza San Martín, the Government Palace, the Archbishop’s Palace, the Reserve Bank Museum, as well as the temple of San Francisco.
- The tour also includes a walk through the modern area of Lima: El Olivar, Larcomar, the Miraflores boardwalk.
- The Lima City Tour ends in a central square at 7.30 pm. Then, the visitor will have time for dinner (not included in the tour).
- The night will be spent in the tourist hotel (2-star standard service) in the city of Lima.
DAY 2: Flight to Cusco and City Tour in the afternoon
- On the second day, breakfast will be at the tourist hotel in Lima. Then, after prior coordination, you will be picked up from the hotel to the Jorge Chávez International Airport for the flight to the city of Cusco (1 hour trip).
- In the city of Cusco an assistant will wait to welcome you and transfer you to your respective hotel in the historic center of the city (2-star hotel).
- After some free time to organize your bags and have lunch in the city (not included in the tour), the tourist transportation will pick you up at the door of your hotel (from 1:30 pm to 2 pm) to take the Cusco City Tour.
- This service includes a visit to the main temples and buildings of the city, such as: the Cathedral, Coricancha, Sacsayhuamán, Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay.
- The tour offers pickup, transportation, professional guide, and entrance fees. It lasts approximately 5 hours, from 2 pm to 7 pm.
- After the sightseeing there is free time to explore the city at night (dinner not included). Then the visitor can rest at their chosen hotel for the night.
DAY 3: Tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- The third day begins with the tourist’s breakfast at the tourist hotel. After this, at 7.30 am, the tourist is picked up from the door of their hotel to begin the tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- After a trip of almost 1 hour, we stop at the Taray viewpoint, with spectacular views of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. There you can get incredible landscape photos. Then you should visit the archaeological site of Pisac, where you will see Inca stone constructions. The visit to Pisac takes 1 hour and is always in the company of a professional guide.
- After visiting Pisac, it is time to board the tourist transport to travel to the town of Urubamba (trip of approximately 1 hour 30 minutes). In this town we will stop to enjoy a delicious lunch at the Tunupa buffet restaurant (the best in the Sacred Valley of the Incas).
- After enjoying 1 hour of lunch, we will board the tourist transportation to continue for 30 minutes to the town of Ollantaytambo. There we will visit its fortress, tall and with important Inca temples such as: the Temple of the Sun, the Colcas, the Enclosure of the 10 Niches and more. Here the visit will also be with our professional tour guide.
- At the time indicated by the guide we will board the transport to travel a few meters to the Ollantaytambo train station. There we will board The Voyager (Inca Rail) train service.
- The train trip takes 1 hour 45 minutes and is full of beautiful landscapes such as the Vilcanota River or the snow-capped Veronica. The train is a tourist service so it offers maximum comfort.
- Once in the town of Aguas Calientes, an assistant will welcome us and then lead us on foot to the tourist hotel (comfortable 2-star service).
- At night we can explore the town (dinner not included). Then we will spend the night at the hotel.
DAY 4: Tour of Machu Picchu and return to Cusco
- On day 4 we visit the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu!
- We will start the day with a nutritious breakfast in the hotel dining room in Aguas Calientes. Then, at around 7 in the morning we will take a few steps until we arrive at the Aguas Calientes bus station.
- At the bus station you have to wait in line for only approximately 15 minutes. Then we will board the Consettur ecological buses that in 30 minutes will take us to the entrance gate of Machu Picchu, always in the company of our tour guide.
- In Machu Picchu we will take a tour of approximately 2 hours 30 minutes (circuit 2). The tour includes the classic postcard photo in the Guardian House sector, as well as a visit to the Temple of the Sun, the Main Temple, the Sacred Rock, the Temple of the Condor, the Water Mirrors and more.
- After visiting Machu Picchu, we will board the Consettur ecological bus again (30 minutes of travel) until we return to the town of Aguas Calientes. There we will have free time to have lunch (not included in the tour) and walk through the magical streets of Aguas Calientes.
- At around 4 pm we must be at the train station waiting for the departure of the Expedition service (Peru Rail). The 1 hour 40 minute trip also includes beautiful scenery and maximum comfort. In Ollantaytambo we will board the bus that will return us to the city of Cusco in 1 hour 45 minutes.
- An assistant will take us by tourist transportation to the door of our hotel at approximately 9 pm.
- At night (dinner not included) we can rest at the tourist hotel in Cusco.
DAY 5: Transfer to Cusco airport and end of the tour
- On the fifth and last day we can have breakfast peacefully at the tourist hotel in the city of Cusco.
- After prior coordination, the visitor will be picked up at the door of their hotel to be taken by tourist transport to the Cusco airport.
- The tour concludes with the farewell at the Cusco airport.
- Pick up from Cusco airport.
- Pick up from the hotel for each tour.
- Complete tourist transportation (in large minivan and The Voyager and Expedition tourist train for the visit to Machu Picchu).
- Official tourist guide for each excursion in Spanish or English.
- 4 nights in a hotel with standard 2-star service (1 night in Lima, 2 nights in Cusco and 1 night in Aguas Calientes).
- 4 breakfasts.
- Buffet lunch at Tunupa restaurant in Urubamba (day 3).
- City Tour Lima.
- City Tour Cusco.
- Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour.
- Machu Picchu Full Day Tour.
- Return to Cusco airport.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Plane tickets.
What to bring?
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothing for warm temperatures during the day and cold temperatures at night.
- A jacket (for cold nights in Cusco).
- Photo camera.
- Cash on each excursion for extra purchases.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour ‘Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights’ begins with the pick-up of the tourist at the airport in the city of Lima.
- The ‘Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights’ tour ends with transfer and farewell at the Cusco airport.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Lima does not have a mountainous geography that can cause altitude sickness. However, Cusco (3,399 meters above sea level) and its tourist attractions (Machu Picchu at 2,430 meters above sea level) are in the heart of the Andes Mountains, where some symptoms of altitude sickness do occur, such as nausea, fatigue. To reduce these symptoms, it is recommended to avoid (at least the first day) alcoholic beverages and fatty foods. After the first day, the tourist begins to acclimatize and the symptoms reduce.
Group or private services
- The ‘Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights’ tour is carried out in group service. For a more personalized private service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What services does the Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights tour include?
The tour lasts 5 days and 4 nights and includes: pick up from the airport, pick up from the hotel for each excursion, tourist transportation, professional guide, entrance fees, 4 nights in a tourist hotel (2 stars), full breakfasts and a buffet lunch in Urubamba .
How is the payment for the tour made?
You can pay for the ‘Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights’ tour online through our website. Tour payment is 100% online. You can also contact a sales advisor via WhatsApp who, after providing you with all the information, will send you the payment link to your email. You can make payments through Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or American Express credit or debit cards.
Can the tour be cancelled?
Yes, you can cancel the ‘Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights’ tour by sending a simple request by email to email@example.com. The last deadline is 5 days before the tour. Cancellation has a penalty of 50% of the tour value (refund of 50% of the total amount paid).
Can I change the date of the tour once purchased?
No, due to advance reservations, it is not possible to change the date of the ‘Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights’ tour once the purchase has been made.
What is the hotel service like on the Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu tour 5 days 4 nights?
The tour includes 4 nights in a good quality 2-star tourist hotel. The first night in the city of Lima. The second night in the city of Cusco. The third night in the town of Aguas Calientes and the fourth night in the city of Cusco. All services include breakfast, hot shower, TV, wifi internet, maximum cleaning and more.
What type of train to Machu Picchu does the tour include?
The ‘Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu 5 days 4 nights’ tour includes a one-way train on Inca Rail’s The Voyager service. The return train is on Peru Rail’s Expedition service. They are all services of excellent quality, safety and comfort.