Inti Raymi Cusco + Machu Picchu and Sacred Valley (5 Days Tour)Excursiones of several days
About this tour
- Start: Since your arrival in Cusco at the airport.
- Duration: 5 days
- Lodging: 4 nights
- Group: 16 people maximum.
- Type of transport: Minivan Sprinter, full equipo y cómodo.
- Tickets included: No more queues, tickets included.
- Tour guide: In English and Spanish (shared service)
- Feeding. Box lunch day 2
- Payment methods: Visa, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal, MasterCard.
- Immediate confirmation.
- The Inti Raymi is one of the most important ceremonies that take place in Cusco. This event can only be seen once a year and heralds the new agricultural year. The Inti Raymi has been carried out since the very creation of the Tawantinsuyo or probably many years before. The most important thing is that a large part of that essence was transported in time. This package is ideal for those who want to get to know Cusco and learn more about all the history that surrounds the imperial city. These five days will be special because on the first day we will pick you up from the airport upon your arrival in Cusco. We will also go through your hotel every day with the intention of picking you up and starting the day’s itinerary, for all this you do not have to worry about entrance tickets, transportation and hotel.
This is the experience
- Visiting Cusco in the month of June is special because it is a month of festivities and ideal because it is the dry season and it does not rain much. We will arrive in Cusco on June 23, that day one of our agents will wait for you at the airport and will transport you in a private transport to the hotel you have reserved. This afternoon we will start with the first tour, where we will know the tourist places that are very close to Cusco and in the same city. The next day, June 24, we will be able to see the Inti Raymi from our reserved seats in the area we choose. Here we will see part of the great splendor of what might once have been Tawantinsuyo and ancient Cusco.
- On the third day, we will prepare our lightest belongings, camera and mosquito repellent. This day we will leave in the direction of Machu Picchu. It will be necessary that we take a raincoat because the chances of rain in the wonder of the world are high, since it is located in a tropical zone. On the fourth day we will have a tour of the always beautiful Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will visit the most important archaeological sites found in this area. That afternoon you will taste a delicious lunch in the Urubamba district and we will return to Cusco for hours at night. The next day, that is, the Quito, we will search for you and take you from your hotel to the airport.
City Tour + Inti Raymi + Machu Picchu + Sacred Valley
|Orange Zone (recommended)
Day 1: Reception at the airport and City Tour Cusco
- The arrival time in Cusco will be coordinated to pick it up.
- A worker from Machupicchu Terra will wait for you, identifying himself properly.
- This agent from our company will take you to your hotel along with your belongings.
- The tour will start at 1:00 p.m. with the pick up from your hotel. It is recommended to have lunch before that time.
- We will visit the following places: Coricancha, Sacsayhuaman, the Cathedral of Cusco, Tambomachay, Qenqo and Pucapucara.
- The tour will end before 7:00 p.m. The place where the transport will end will be coordinated.
Day 2: Inti Raymi
- Our clients can choose to watch the entire event or just watch the main event. The Inti Raymi is divided into 3 acts.
- The first act is in the Coricancha, followed by the Main Square and ends in the Sacsayhuamán esplanade where we will have our seats.
- If you want to see from the first act you must go to Café Valeriana at 7:45 in the morning. In case you only want to see the main event, the meeting will be in Regocijo Square at 9:30 am. From there we will leave in a sprinter minivan to Sacsayhuamán.
- In the Coricancha you can see the first cult of the Sun god . This place is staged by the Inca Pachacútec.
- The second act is in the Main Square of Cusco where the Inca meets the coya, his royal partner. Here a mock sacrifice is made.
- In Sacsayhuaman, the presence of his 4 is staged.
- We will arrive at Sacsayhuamán thanks to the minivan and we will be able to sit in our reserved seats. At lunchtime we will receive our Box Lunch.
- Once the entire event is over, we will be able to descend in our same transport
- We will conclude in Regocijo Square at 3:00 p.m.
Day 3: Departure to Machu Picchu
- The transport will pick us up at 05:10 to 05:40 in the morning. At that time we will have to be ready.
- The first leg of the trip will be by bus or minivan. The destination of this trip will be the Ollantaytambo train station.
- The trip from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes by train is approximately two hours.
- In Aguas Calientes we will have to look for the ecological buses.
- The buses will leave us very close to Machu Picchu. There we will find the Tinkuy restaurant, where a buffet lunch is offered with a special discount for our clients.
- We will enter Machu Picchu with our tour guide.
- The tour will be through Circuit 2 and we will be able to have the postcard photo of Machu Picchu, see the platforms, the House of the Inca, houses, warehouses and the temples dedicated to its main deities.
- To return to Aguas Calientes it is through the same ecological buses. In Aguas Calientes we will have free time.
- It will be possible to find the lunch that we want and we will also have free time until the departure time of our train.
- The departure of the train is at 16:22 (depending on availability). It is recommended to be at the place 30 minutes before.
- If you wish, you can access the Vistadome train service. This train offers larger wagons and a live show.
- Upon arriving in Ollantaytambo we will board a bus or minivan to return to Cusco.
- Arrival in Cusco at approximately 9:00 p.m. The service will end at 9:00 p.m.
Day 4: Departure through the Sacred Valley
- We will start early with the pick up from 7:30 to 8:00. In that period of time we will stop by your hotel.
- Our first destination will be the natural viewpoint of Taray.
- The second place that we will be able to visit will be the archaeological center of Pisac. This place has a cemetery, warehouses and the most important for the Tawantinsuyo, the sacred temples.
- This day we will try the buffet lunch at the Tunupa restaurant. For this we will have a short trip to Urubamba.
- From Urubamba we will go to Ollantaytambo where we can visit the archaeological site.
- Before returning to Cusco, if possible, we will visit the archaeological site of Chinchero.
- For all destinations we will have the help of our guide.
- We will arrive in Cusco at 6:30 p.m.
Day 5: Farewell
- We will coordinate the pick-up time and we will go through your hotel to take you to the airport.
- Transportation from your arrival in Cusco. We will wait for you at the airport and take you to your hotel.
- We will offer you a hotel room reservation from 2 to 4 stars. You only have to choose the one that best suits you.
- Round trip tourist transportation for all the destinations and activities that we will see.
- Reserved seat to see the Inti Raymi.
- We will go through your hotel to start all the activities, during the 5 days (except day 2).
- Physical and virtual ticket to access Machu Picchu.
- Full equipped, comfortable, clean transportation to Sacsayhuaman and Ollantaytambo.
- Bimodal transportation to get to Machu Picchu.
- Box lunch day two for lunchtime.
- Discount option for buffet lunch at Tinkuy (third day).
- Expert guides in the staging of all the activities that we will see
- Transport to other unspecified destinations.
- Drinks, snacks.
- Hats or caps.
- Printed photographs.
What to bring?
- Sunscreen and the use of caps or hats will be necessary. The activities will be in the open field.
- When entering all destinations you will be asked for your identity document or passport.
- You can take cash with you to make last-minute purchases or souvenirs.
- Wear light clothing.
- On the trip to Machu Picchu take a waterproof poncho in case it rains. You will also need mosquito repellent.
Where does the tour start and end?
- We start our services by picking you up at the airport upon your arrival in Cusco. In the same way we will conclude our services, taking you from your hotel to the airport.
- We will pick you up from your hotel to carry out all the activities. Except on the 2nd, (Inti Raymi) since a large number of streets and roads are closed to make way for the ceremony.
Will I feel altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness cannot be avoided nor can you know how much it will affect you.
- The most common symptoms are headache, malaise, listlessness, joint pain, dizziness and nausea. In some cases stomach pain.
- In case you feel these discomforts, drink plenty of water and avoid physical exertion.
- This tour is ideal for the whole family because it requires minimal physical effort.
Is it necessary to go with an agency?
- Yes, in Machupicchu Terra, we will facilitate the hotel reservation, tickets and in some cases food.
- It will have exclusive transportation and entrance tickets. You won’t stand in long lines.
- If you want a private tour or more information, do not hesitate to ask our travel advisors at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does this service include airport pickup?
Yes, one of our agents will meet you at the airport and drop you off at your hotel. On the last day of the tour we will also pick you up from your hotel and transport you to the airport.
Is this package for all ages?
Yes, because they do not require great physical efforts to walk and the trips are short and striking. Both children and older adults can do all the activities that we present in this tour package.
Does this tour package include a hotel?
Yes, when you book the entire package you will be shown the hotel options we have. The service that we can find is from 2-star to 4-star hotels.
How many people participate to recreate the Inti Raymi ceremony?
There is a number of 800 or more participants, most of them are artists and the rest are volunteers who enthusiastically participate in this incredible party. The Inti Raymi is a party that brought together all the Tawantinsuyo in Cusco.
Is it possible to cancel the tour?
No, the Inti Raymi, only takes place once a year every June 24, in this sense it is not possible to make cancellations. For this reason, it is recommended that you make the reservation in advance to avoid problems that prevent you from making the trip.
Do I have the option to change date?
No, the special Inti Raymi event only takes place every June 24. In this sense it is not possible to make date changes. Advance reservations are recommended.