Cusco and Machupicchu Complete Tour 6 days and 5 nights
About this tour
- Start: With pickup at the Cusco airport.
- Duration: 6 days and 5 nights.
- Type of transport: Tourist service, spacious minivan and train to Machu Picchu (Expedition tourist service).
- Tickets incluidos (no colas): Entry ticket to all tourist attractions (no lines or additional payments).
- Tour guide: In English and Spanish (shared service).
- Feeding. Breakfast every day, 2 lunches.
- Lodging: 4 nights in a hotel in the city of Cusco and 1 night in a hotel in Aguas Calientes (recommended standard quality).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Tour the main tourist attractions of Cusco including Machu Picchu. The Cusco and Machu Picchu Complete tour 6 days and 5 nights offers a visit to the main tourist attractions of Cusco: the city of Cusco (City Tour), the Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Urubamba), Machu Picchu, Maras – Moray, as well as the 7 Colors Mountain (Vinicunca). The tour includes pick-up from the airport, complete transportation for each activity, entrance to all the attractions to visit, professional bilingual guide (Spanish – English), partial meals (breakfast and some lunches) as well as 5 nights in a hotel in standard service (2 stars).
This is the experience
- The tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist from the Cusco airport. On the first day, the Cusco City Tour takes place in the afternoon. On day 2, the Sacred Valley of the Incas tour takes place with an overnight stay in the town of Aguas Calientes. Day 3 is the dreamed visit to Machu Picchu and return to Cusco. On day 4 it’s time to make a half-day visit to the Salineras de Maras and the circular platforms of Moray. Day 5 is the visit to the 7 Colors Mountain, also called Vinicunca. Day 6 is the tourist’s farewell with transfer to the Cusco airport. The tour includes everything you need: pickup, transportation, professional guide, entrance fees, hotel, partial food and more.
DAY 1: Pick up from Cusco airport and City Tour in the afternoon
- The ‘Cusco and Machupicchu Complete 6 days and 5 nights’ tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist from the airport in the city of Cusco (after coordination).
- Then, aboard a tourist transport, we will travel to your hotel in the city of Cusco (2-star service recommended for its quality).
- In the afternoon (pick up from the hotel at 1.30 pm) the tourist will take the Cusco City Tour, which includes a visit to: the Cathedral, Coricancha, Sacsayhuamán, Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay.
- After learning about the history and best tourist attractions of the city of Cusco, the tourist will return to their hotel or a central square in the city at approximately 6:30 pm.
- The tourist will spend the first night in their tourist hotel in Cusco.
DAY 2: Tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- The day begins with the tourist’s breakfast at the tourist hotel. Then, at around 7:30 am, the visitor is picked up from the door of their hotel.
- The first destination to visit will be the Taray viewpoint, with spectacular views of the Sacred Valley. Next, we will travel to the archaeological site of Pisac, famous for its immense platforms, temples, Inca enclosures and even the remains of a cemetery. In Pisac we will spend approximately 1 hour.
- After visiting Pisac we will continue to the town of Urubamba. There we will stop at the Tunupa restaurant to enjoy an exquisite buffet lunch.
- The next tourist destination that we will visit will be the Ollantaytambo fortress, a place famous for its Inca streets, as well as for its archaeological site where we will appreciate constructions such as the Temple of the Sun, the 10 Hornacinas Enclosure or the Ñusta baths.
- After visiting Ollantaytambo, the transport will take us very close to the train station where we will board the Inca Rail The Voyager service.
- Train travel is comfortable and safe. It includes comfortable seats and large windows to appreciate the landscapes of the Vilcanota River or the snow-capped Veronica. After 1 hour 40 minutes we will arrive at the town of Aguas Calientes.
- In Aguas Calientes an assistant will take us to our tourist hotel (comfortable 2-star service). There we will spend the night before the dream visit to Machu Picchu.
DAY 3: Visit to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu
- Day 3 begins with a nutritious breakfast in the hotel dining room in Aguas Calientes. At approximately 7 am the guide will take you on foot to the town’s bus station, located just a few steps away.
- At the bus station there will be a small queue to board the Consettur buses that in just 30 minutes will take us to the entrance gate of Machu Picchu.
- The tour to Machu Picchu lasts approximately 2 hours 30 minutes. The chosen circuit is ‘2’, the most recommended as it includes a visit to: the Guardian House sector (classic photo), the Main Temple, the Temple of the Sun, the Temple of the 3 Windows, the Sacred Rock, the Temple of the Condor and more.
- After the visit to Machu Picchu, the return trip by Consettur bus is made to Aguas Calientes (30 minutes). In the town we will have free time to have lunch or explore its picturesque streets (lunch not included). Then the trip is made by Expedition train (optionally you can upgrade the service to a Vistadome train) to Ollantaytambo. Finally you can take the bus trip to Cusco (at Wánchaq station).
- Day 3 ends with the final transfer of the tourist to the door of their hotel in Cusco (at approximately 9 pm).
DAY 4: Half-day tour to Maras and Moray
- On the fourth day we will have breakfast in the hotel dining room in the city of Cusco. At around 8 am, tourists are picked up from the door of their hotel.
- The destination will be the town of Maras, located 41 kilometers by road from Cusco (1 hour 30 minutes of travel on average). In the town the guide will explain details of its colonial importance, its streets, its doorways, church and more.
- Then we will continue to the circular platforms of Moray, a few kilometers away. There we will tour its immense platforms that resemble amphitheaters but that in Inca times served as an agricultural laboratory where various products were grown.
- After a tour of almost 1 hour, we will board the tourist transport to visit the Salineras de Maras, a beautiful landscape with hundreds of natural salt wells, a product that was used by the Incas.
- In both Moray and Maras we can get some of the best photographs on the trip to Cusco. The return trip to Cusco concludes in a central plaza for lunch (lunch and dinner included) or at the tourist’s hotel. The tour ends at approximately 2 pm.
- The rest of the day the visitor can better explore the city until resting at their hotel in Cusco.
DAY 5: Visit to 7 Colors Mountain
- On the fifth day, the visit to Vinicunca or the 7 Colors Mountain takes place.
- Pick up that day will be at 5 am. On board the tourist transport we will travel to Cusipata (almost 2 hours of travel) to have a local style breakfast.
- After breakfast we will continue with the trip until arriving, 1 hour later, at the Phulawasipata camp, located at an altitude of approximately 4,900. The approximately 5 kilometer walk begins at this camp.
- If the tourist requires it, optionally (not included in the tour), they can request the support of a local resident with the horseback transportation service (approximate cost of 60 Peruvian soles). The walk takes approximately 2 hours. Transfer by horse 1 hour or less.
- In the 7 Colors Mountain we will enjoy one of the most beautiful landscapes in Cusco and Peru. The guide will explain more details about the mountain, its historical and mythological importance according to the Inca worldview.
- The return route on foot is easier since it is mostly downhill. Once at the Phulawasipata camp we will return by tourist transport to the town of Cusipata where we will enjoy a buffet lunch.
- Then we will return to the city of Cusco where the visit concludes at approximately 5:30 pm.
- At night we can walk or have dinner (not included in the tour) to finally rest at the tourist hotel in the city.
DAY 6: Transfer to Cusco airport and farewell
- On day 6 we can have breakfast in the dining room of the tourist hotel in Cusco. Then, after prior coordination of the flight time, the tourist is picked up from the door of their hotel to the Velasco Astete airport in the city of Cusco.
- There, after the farewell, the ‘Cusco and Machu Picchu 6 days and 5 nights’ tour concludes.
- End of the tour.
- Pick up from Cusco airport.
- Pick up from the hotel for each tour.
- Complete tourist transportation (in large minivan and Expedition tourist train for the visit to Machu Picchu).
- Complete official tourism guide (in Spanish or English).
- 5 nights in a hotel in the city of Cusco in standard 2-star service (4 nights in Cusco and 1 night in Aguas Calientes).
- 5 breakfasts.
- Lunches and partial dinners (in some services).
- City Tour Cusco.
- Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour.
- Machu Picchu Full Day Tour.
- Maras – Moray half day tour.
- Full Day 7 Colors Mountain Tour.
- Return to Cusco airport.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Plane tickets.
What to bring?
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes.
- A jacket (for cold nights in Cusco).
- Photo camera.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The ‘Cusco and Machu Picchu Complete 6 days and 5 nights’ tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist at the Cusco airport.
- The ‘Cusco and Machu Picchu Complete 6 days and 5 nights’ tour ends with transfer and farewell at the Cusco airport.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Cusco (3,399 meters above sea level) and its tourist attractions are located in the Andes Mountains, a mountainous geography where you can suffer the symptoms of altitude sickness, the symptoms of which are: dizziness, fatigue or nausea. To reduce these symptoms, try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before your visit. The body of each tourist, after one or two days in Cusco, will achieve good acclimatization.
Group or private services
- The ‘Cusco and Machu Picchu Complete 6 days and 5 nights’ tour is carried out with group services. For a more personalized private service, please contact us at email@example.com.
Does the ‘Cusco and Machu Picchu Complete 6 days and 5 nights’ tour include plane tickets?
No, the tour does not offer plane tickets. However, you can manage them through our sales advisors. We look for the best date and time for your tour.
How can I pay for the tour?
Tour payment is 100% online. You can also communicate via WhatsApp with a sales advisor. In both cases you can make payment with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or American Express credit or debit cards. Payment is totally secure.
How do I make date changes if I have already purchased the tour?
Unfortunately the ‘Cusco and Machu Picchu Complete 6 days and 5 nights’ tour cannot be modified.
How to cancel the ‘Cusco and Machu Picchu Complete 6 days and 5 nights’ tour?
To cancel the tour you must send a request to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation of the tour has a penalty of 50% of the value of the service. The deadline is 5 days before the tour.
What are the hotels included in the tour like?
The ‘Cusco and Machu Picchu Complete 6 days and 5 nights’ tour includes 4 hotel nights in Cusco and 1 hotel night in Aguas Calientes. They are all 2-star tourist services recommended for their comfort, cleanliness and excellent organization. Includes breakfast, wifi internet, hot shower and more.
Is it safe to visit 7 Colors Mountain on the tour? Can I change to another tourist destination?
Yes, the visit to the 7 Colors Mountain is the penultimate day of the tour. This so that the visitor has adequate days for acclimatization. Thus, the visit is totally safe. If the visitor wishes to change their visit, they can contact their sales advisor. The itinerary can be varied to find the best visitor experience.