City Tour Ayacucho half day
About this tour
- Start: Pick up from the Plaza de Ayacucho at 3.20 in the afternoon.
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes (half-day tour).
- Tourist attractions to visit Monastery of Santa Teresa, neighborhood of Santa Ana, viewpoint of Cerro Acuchimay, the Cathedral and colonial mansions.
- Tour guide: Professional tour guide service in Spanish or English.
- Tickets (included): All entrance tickets included in the tour.
- Type of transport: Complete tourist transportation.
- Payment methods: Visa, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal, MasterCard.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Take the City Tour in the city of Huamanga, Ayacucho, a region with a lot of history, art and culture. The tour includes a visit to important tourist attractions such as the Monastery of Santa Teresa de las Carmelitas Descalzas, a craft workshop in the Santa Ana neighborhood, the Acuchimay viewpoint (with beautiful views of the city) as well as the colonial mansions of the city. The service begins at 3.20 pm and ends at 7 pm in the historic center of the city of Huamanga. Includes complete transportation throughout the service, professional guide, first aid kit, as well as entry to all tourist attractions. Take a tour full of culture and emotions!
This is the experience
- The half-day Ayacucho City Tour begins with the gathering of the entire group in the Plaza de Armas of Huamanga at 3:20 pm. Then we will walk a few steps to see the historic center of the city, the colonial mansions, the main square, as well as the Huamanga Cathedral. Next, it’s time to visit the Hipólito Unanue museum, the Monastery of Santa Teresa de las Carmelitas Descalzas, the artisan neighborhood of Santa Ana and, as a grand finale, the Acuchimay tourist viewpoint with beautiful views of the entire city at dusk. The tour concludes with the tourist transfer to the main square at around 7 pm.
City Tour Ayacucho
Price per person
|City Tour Ayacucho||15 USD||15 USD|
- The Ayacucho City Tour begins at 3:20 in the afternoon with the group meeting in the main square of the city of Huamanga.
- Once the group is gathered, we will walk a few steps to see the temples and colonial precincts of the city. We will visit the Boza or Solís mansion, the Castilla or Zamora mansion, as well as the temple of San Agustín.
- All places to visit will be in the company of a professional tour guide. The next tourist destination will be the Hipólito Unanue Regional Museum where tourists will learn about the history of Ayacucho for 15 thousand years, with influences from cultures such as Chavín, Huarpa, Wari, Inca and modern times.
- Next, it is time to visit the Monastery of Santa Teresa de las Carmelitas Descalzas, which shows beautiful republican architecture with carvings, decorations, choirs and other colonial treasures.
- Then we will travel to the famous neighborhood of Santa Ana where we will visit an artisan center. There we will learn how the famous Ayacucho altarpieces or clothing items made with the traditional looms of Huamanga are made.
- To finish the adventure we will travel uphill to the Acuchimay viewpoint. There we will have a spectacular view of the city, right with the twilight sun. It is a precise occasion to get excellent photographs.
- Then we will board the transport to return to the main square of the city of Ayacucho where the tour concludes at approximately 7 pm.
- Complete tourist transportation (start in Huamanga, Ayacucho).
- Professional tourism guide in Spanish or English.
- Entrance ticket to all tourist attractions.
- Return to Huamanga (Ayacucho).
- First aid kit.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Tour date change option.
What to bring?
- Light comfortable clothing with a windproof jacket.
- Cap or hat.
- Passport or identity document.
- Photo camera.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the group meeting in the main square of the city of Ayacucho at 3.20 pm.
- The tour ends with the return to the city of Ayacucho at approximately 7 pm.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- The city of Huamanga or Ayacucho is located at 2,761 meters above sea level, an altitude where it is normal to feel the symptoms of altitude sickness such as headache, fatigue and nausea.
- To prevent altitude sickness (also called mountain sickness or soroche) it is advisable to drink hot infusions and avoid alcoholic beverages or greasy foods, at least the first day. The symptoms usually disappear after two or three days of adaptation to the altitude of Ayacucho.
Group or private services
- Do you want to take the Ayacucho Half Day City Tour in private service? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (+51) 982 108 083.
What time does the Ayacucho City Tour start and end?
The tour begins with the concentration of tourists in the main square of the city of Huamanga at 3:20 in the afternoon. After almost 4 hours of tour, it ends in the main square of the city at around 7 pm.
What are the services included in the Ayacucho City Tour?
The Ayacucho City Tour includes tourist transportation throughout the service, professional guide, entry ticket to all tourist attractions, as well as a first aid kit. It does not offer food or pick-up from the hotel.
Is the Ayacucho City Tour also available during Holy Week?
No, Holy Week is the most important religious celebration in Ayacucho. The date is variable and can be at the end of March or beginning of April. The Ayacucho City Tour cannot be carried out on those holidays due to the large number of visitors on the streets of the city.
How to cancel the tour?
The tour is subject to cancellation if a simple request is sent by email to email@example.com. The last deadline is up to 5 days before the date of service. For cancellation you must pay a penalty of 25% of the total value of the tour (refund of $75 of the total cost of the tour).
How to change the date of the Ayacucho City Tour?
The tour can be modified in date or service holders. For this, a request must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last deadline is 5 days before the date of service. To make changes you must pay a penalty of 10% of the total value of the service.
How is the payment for the Ayacucho City Tour half day made?
Payment for the tour is made online through the Machupicchu Terra website. Payment is made by sending 100% of the tour cost through any credit or debit card such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal.
Is the city of Ayacucho dangerous?
No, the city of Ayacucho in its tourist area (historic center of Ayacucho) is a safe location for tourists.
What is the climate in the city of Ayacucho?
The city of Ayacucho has a temperate climate with sunny days and cold nights. The maximum temperature during the day can reach 26ºC. Minimum night temperatures can drop to 8ºC.