Huanta and Pikimachay Cave Full Day Tour
About this tour
- Start: Pick up from the Plaza de Ayacucho at 9 in the morning.
- Duration: 8 hours (Full Day tour).
- Tourist attractions to visit Ayahuarcuna Colonial Bridge, Aqochaca waterfall, Huanta city and Pikimachay cave.
- Tour guide: Professional tour guide service.
- Tickets (included): All tickets are included in the tour.
- Type of transport: Complete tourist transportation service.
- Payment methods: Visa, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal, MasterCard.
- Tour available all year round except Easter.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Visit the Pikimachay cave, an archaeological site more than 20 thousand years old. Also see the colonial bridge of Ayahuarcuna, the Aqochaca waterfall and the beautiful city of Huanta, also called the ‘Beautiful Emerald of the Andes’. The tour allows you to visit these tourist attractions in a service of approximately 8 hours (from 9:30 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon) that includes: tourist transportation, professional tour guide, entry ticket to all destinations, as well as a first aid kit. first aid. The tour allows natural landscapes, sites with a lot of history, culture and more.
This is the experience
- The Huanta and Pikimachay Cave Full Day tour allows an adventure surrounded by beautiful landscapes, as well as tourist sites full of history. The tour includes a visit to places such as: the colonial bridge of Ayahuarcuna, the Aqochaca waterfall, the city of Huanta and the Pkimachay cave. The service begins at 9:30 in the morning. The journey takes place to the province of Huanta from where the hike to Pikimachay (20 thousand years old) takes place. There you will also visit the Ayahuarcuna viewpoint to, finally, tour the city of Huanta (with tasting of typical drinks). Lunch is not included. The tour concludes with a visit to the Aqochaca waterfall and the return trip to the city of Huamanga at 5 p.m.
Huanta and Pikimachay Cave Tour
Price per person
|Huanta and Pikimachay Cave Tour||25 USD||25 USD|
- The tour begins with the tourist meeting in the main square of the city of Huamanga at 9:15 in the morning.
- At 9:30 in the morning, with the entire group gathered, we will board the tourist transport. The trip will be made by road to the province of Huanta. The final destination will be the city of Huanta located at 2,628 meters above sea level. From there we will take a 30-minute walk to the Pikimachay cave.
- The Pikimachay cave has remains that show the oldest human presence in Peru since they date back to 20 thousand years BC.
- From Pikimachay we can also get excellent photographs. After visiting this cave, it is time to visit the colonial bridge of Ayahuarcuna to understand the history of the bridge. We can also get landscape photos of the city at the Cruz Verde viewpoint.
- In the afternoon we will visit the main temples and squares of the city of Huanta, also called the ‘Beautiful Emerald of the Andes’. The places included are: the Plaza Mayor, the mother church of Huanta, the stone bishop.
- After visiting the city of Huanta, we will visit a tourist restaurant where we can also taste fruits from the region such as: lucuma, muña, prickly pear, algarrobina and more. Lunch is not included in the tour.
- Before leaving the city of Huanta we will make a stop at the Aqochaca waterfall where you can get unforgettable photographs of the beautiful Andean nature.
- After this visit we will board the tourist transport to return to the city of Huanta. The tour ends in the main square of the city at approximately 5 p.m.
- Tourist transportation service for the entire tour (start in Huamanga).
- Professional tour guide service.
- Entry ticket to all tourist attractions.
- Return to Huamanga.
- First aid kit.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Tour date change option.
What to bring?
- Light trekking clothing (with windproof jacket).
- Cap or hat.
- Identity document or passport.
- Photographic camera.
- Cash (for additional purchases).
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the group meeting in the main square of the city of Huamanga in Ayacucho at 9.15 in the morning.
- The tour ends with the return to the city of Huamanga at approximately 5 p.m.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- The city of Huanta in Ayacucho is located at 2,628 meters above sea level, so it is normal to suffer the symptoms of altitude sickness such as nausea and fatigue. This, especially, on the first or second day in Ayacucho.
- How are the symptoms of altitude sickness reduced? It is recommended to drink plenty of water and infusions such as coca tea. After the first day or two of acclimatization, symptoms usually reduce.
Group or private services
- Do you want to take the Huanta and Pikimachay Cave Full Day Tour in Ayacucho in private service? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (+51) 982 108 083.
What tourist attractions are included in the Huanta and Pikimachay Cave tour?
The tour includes a visit to the main tourist attractions of the city of Huanta in Ayacucho, such as: Ayahuarcuna Colonial Bridge, Aqochaca waterfall, Huanta city and the Pikimachay cave.
What time does the Huanta and Pikimachay Cave tour start and at what time?
The tour begins with the group meeting in the main square of the city of Huamanga at 9:15 in the morning. The tour ends, almost 8 hours later, with the transfer back to the town of Huamanga at 5 in the afternoon.
What is the Pikimachay cave?
Pikimachay is a cave located in the Pacaycasa district in Ayacucho. It is famous for housing lithic remains of human origin, which date back approximately 20,000 BC. It has an interior length of 60 meters. From there you can get beautiful landscape photographs.
How to cancel the Huanta and Pikimachay cave tour?
Yes, you can cancel the tour by requesting it to email@example.com no later than 3 days before. Cancellation is 25% of the tour value (refund of 75% of the total tour value).
And how to make changes to the tour if I have already purchased it?
Yes, you can make changes to the tour on behalf of the holders or the date of the service through an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last deadline to request changes is 3 days before the start of the tour. The penalty for canceling the tour is 10% of the total value of the tour.
How to pay for the Huanta and Pikimachay cave tour?
Payment for the tour is by sending 100% of the cost of the service through the payment form on the website. You can make payment with credit or debit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal.
How far is Huamanga from Huanta in Ayacucho?
The city of Huanta is located 46.9 kilometers by road from Huamanga, the capital of the department of Ayacucho. The tour includes this trip by tourist transportation.
Is the tour dangerous?
The Huanta and Pikimachay Cave Full Day tour is very safe as it is carried out in compliance with all the necessary protection measures. In addition, the service includes a first aid kit.