Tour Qorihuillca Canyons Half Day in Ayacucho
About this tour
- Start: Pick up Main Square of the Ayacucho at 9 in the morning.
- Duration: 3 hours (Half Day tour).
- Type of transport: Complete tourist transportation.
- Tourist attractions to visit: The canyons of Qorihuillca.
- Tickets (included): All entrance tickets included in the tour.
- Tour guide: Professional tour guide service.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Tour available all year round except during Easter.
- Immediate confirmation.
- The Qorihuillca canyons are a natural landscape made up of wide expanses of crevices ideal for hiking or even rock climbing. It is located just 40 minutes by road from the city of Huamanga. The tour allows you to take a magical journey and get excellent photographs of this natural landscape. Includes complete tourist transportation, professional tour guide, entry ticket, as well as a first aid kit. The adventure begins at 9 in the morning and ends at noon. That is, it is a half-day tour with everything included.
This is the experience
- The tour begins with the meeting in the main square of Huamanga at 9 am. Then, aboard a tourist transport, we travel for 40 minutes until arriving at the canyons of Qorihuillca. Once there, the walk begins along with the guide and the necessary safety equipment. After an incredible walk of almost 1 hour, the return trip to the city of Huamanga is made. Tour includes full transportation, professional guide, entrance fees, safety equipment, and more. The tour is available all year round except during the Holy Week holiday.
Qorihuillca Canyons Tour
Price per person
|Qorihuillca Canyons Tour||32 USD||32 USD|
- The tour begins with the meeting of the group of visitors in the main square of the city of Huamanga at 9 in the morning.
- Once the entire group is gathered, the tourist transportation is addressed. The trip is short as it takes only 7 kilometers (approximately 30 minute trip). Along the way you can see the beautiful monuments and landscapes of Ayacucho.
- The canyons of Qorihuillca are located at 2,834 meters above sea level. It is located in the community of Qorihuillca Chico and belongs to the province of Huamanga.
- Before starting the walk the guide will offer the safety measures to follow. In addition, it will offer each visitor the appropriate equipment such as: gloves, helmets, flashlight, harness and everything necessary for a great adventure, but complying with all safety measures.
- The walk through the Qorihuillca canyon is almost an hour. On the walk there are narrow sections, with little sunlight, wide sections with rocks everywhere and more. It is a perfect place to get beautiful photographs.
- The final point is in the upper part of the canyon, waiting for the arrival of the visitor to make the final transfer to the city of Huamanga.
- The tour ends in the central square of the city of Ayacucho at approximately 12.30 m.
- Tourist transportation throughout the tour (starting in Huamanga – Ayacucho).
- Professional tourism guide in Spanish or English.
- Appropriate equipment for the route (gloves, helmets, harness, flashlight).
- Entrance ticket to the Qorihuillca canyons.
- Return to Huamanga (Ayacucho).
- Tour cancellation option.
- Tour date change option.
What to bring?
- Light clothing for trekking (with windproof jacket).
- Cap or hat.
- Passport or identity document.
- Photo camera.
- Cash (for additional purchases).
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the group meeting in the main square of the city of Huamanga in Ayacucho at 9 in the morning.
- The tour ends with the return to the city of Huamanga at noon.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- The city of Huamanga in Ayacucho is located at 2,761 meters above sea level. The Qorihuillca canyons are located at 2,834 meters above sea level. At such altitudes it is common to suffer the symptoms of altitude sickness such as nausea and fatigue.
- To combat the effects of altitude sickness, it is recommended to drink plenty of water, especially coca tea. Soroche usually reduces its symptoms on the first or second day of acclimatization in the city of Ayacucho.
Group or private services
- Do you want to take the Qorihuillca Canyons Half Day Tour in Ayacucho in private service? Contact email@example.com or (+51) 982 108 083.
What is the half-day hike through the Qorihuillca canyons like?
The hike through the Qorihuillca canyon is an amazing adventure as it crosses the cracks created by erosion thousands of years ago. The roads are narrow, in some sections with little natural light but always surrounded by a special and memorable atmosphere. In total you walk almost 1 hour.
What is the schedule of the tour to the canyons of Qorihuillca?
The tour begins with the group meeting in the main square of Huamanga at 9 in the morning. The tour ends 3 hours later, with return transfer to the same city at 12 pm.
Can I do the tour all year round?
The Qorihuillca Canyons tour in Ayacucho is available throughout the year except for the Holy Week holidays. On those days, the city of Ayacucho is visited by thousands of tourists, which makes it difficult to carry out the tour.
How to cancel the tour?
You can cancel the Qorihuillca Canyons half-day tour by requesting it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The latest possible deadline is 3 days before the start of the tour. The penalty for canceling the tour is 25% of the total value of the tour (refund of 75% of the total cost of the tour).
How to make changes to the tour?
You can change the date or the members of the Qorihuillca Canyons tour by requesting it by email to email@example.com. The latest possible deadline is 3 days before the start of the tour. The penalty for canceling the tour is 10% of the tour value.
How do I pay for the Qorihuillca Canyons half-day tour in Ayacucho?
You can pay for the tour through the payment form available on the website. After completing your personal information, you must pay 100% of the tour value through credit or debit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal.
Is the tour of Qorihuillca Canyons in Ayacucho dangerous?
No, the tour is in the company of a professional tour guide who allows an adventure while complying with all security measures. In addition, the tour includes safety equipment such as: gloves, helmets, harness and flashlight.
What to bring to the tour?
To better enjoy the Qorihuillca Canyons tour, it is recommended to bring comfortable clothing for hiking, a windproof jacket, a poncho in case of rain, sunscreen, a hat, trekking shoes, water, snacks and cash for optional purchases in the route.