City Tour Arequipa Half Day with All Inclusive
About this tour
- Start:: Pick up at your respective hotel.
- Duration: 4 hours. (start at 9 am or 4 pm).
- Tickets included (no queues): To all archaeological sites.
- Type of transport: Large full-equipment minivan.
- Tourist guide: In English and Spanish (shared service).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Visit the ‘White City’, one of the most beautiful in all of Peru. Get to know its main tourist attractions such as its Main Square. Enjoy the best views of the city from the historic neighborhood and viewpoint of Yanahuara. Find out more about its history at the Church of the Society of Jesus and the famous monastery of Santa Catalina. The tour includes all entrance tickets, complete transportation and tour guide service. The Arequipa City Tour is the best way to start the trip!
This is the experience
- Get to know the most visited tourist attractions in Arequipa. The trip begins with the pick up from the door of your hotel. Then, together with a professional tour guide, visit the Yanahuara neighborhood where you can take spectacular photos at its famous viewpoint. Then get to know the Main Square of Arequipa and its surroundings. Finally, you will visit the historic church of the Society of Jesus and the emblematic Santa Catalina monastery. Throughout the tour the visitor will have full transportation, tickets to all sites and tour guide service.
- Start the tour a little before 9 am with the pick up of the tourist transport at the door of your hotel.
- On board our extensive tourist transport we will go to the emblematic neighborhoods of Yanahuara and Carmen Alto. Our tour guide will explain details of these neighborhoods, the oldest in the city. Then we can take incredible photos (with the Misti volcano in the background) from its viewpoints.
- Again in our tourist transport we will go to the Main Square in Arequipa. There our tour guide will give us details of its construction, historical events and more. We will also appreciate its architecture and we can take the necessary photos.
- Then we will go to the Church of the Society of Jesus, a religious temple with a lot of history. We will appreciate its treasures of gold, silver and canvases from the colonial era.
- Then we will continue to the famous Santa Catalina monastery, one of the most emblematic places in the city. There we will know its beautiful cloisters. A guide will give us the necessary details about this historic site.
- End of the tour.
- Comfortable and safe complete transportation.
- Tour guide service in English and Spanish.
- Entrance fees to all sites.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Cash in case you want to shop for handicrafts.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins at the door of each tourist’s hotel.
- The tour ends at the Santa Catalina convent, a few steps from Arequipa’s Main Square (close to the vast majority of hotels and restaurants in the city).
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at email@example.com.
1) What time does the tour start?
The Arequipa City Tour offers two starting times: either at 9 am or at 2 pm. The tourist chooses at what time to carry out this 4-hour service.
2) Can I cancel the tour?
Yes. It is possible to cancel this tour as long as it is done 72 hours before the last deadline. Cancellation has a one-time penalty of 35% of the value of the tour (65% refund).
3) What language is the tour guide in?
The tour guide service is carried out with a professional guide specialized in English or Spanish. To perform a service in a different language, you must hire a private tour with options in several languages.
4) Can I get altitude sickness in the city of Arequipa?
The city of Arequipa is located 2,335 meters above sea level. At that altitude you can feel some natural symptoms such as fatigue when exerting yourself or nausea. However, these are mild and go away on their own within a few hours or days.