Salinas Lagoon Tour in Arequipa Half Day
About this tour
- Start: 6.15 am at the tourist hotel in Arequipa.
- Duration: Half day (7 hours).
- Type of transport: Complete tourist minivan (round trip).
- Tickets (included): Entrance ticket to all tourist attractions.
- Tourist attractions to visit: Volcano viewpoint, Queñoales forest, Salinas lagoon, Lojen thermal baths.
- Tour guide: Professional tour guide in Spanish or English.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Make a visit to the most beautiful landscapes of Arequipa. The tour allows you to see the viewpoint of the volcanoes in the district of Chiguata. We can also visit the forest of the queñoales and the Yaretales of the Pichu Picchu volcano. Then the visit to the Salinas lagoon is made, where we will have the opportunity to get wonderful photographs (views of flamingos and water mirrors, as well as llamas and vicuñas). Before returning to Arequipa, you will visit the mini volcano of Lojen. There is also an opportunity to enjoy the thermal baths of Lojen. The return to the city of Arequipa is at approximately 1:10 pm.
This is the experience
- The tour offers an experience through the wonderful landscapes of Arequipa. The tour starts between 6 in the morning and 6.15 in the morning with the pick up of the tourist from the hotel in the ‘White City’. The tour includes a visit to the viewpoint of the volcanoes, the forest of the queñoales, the Salinas lagoon, as well as the volcano and thermal baths of Lojen. The tour includes pick up from the hotel, full tourist transportation, professional tour guide (in Spanish or English), entrance to all tourist attractions, as well as a first aid kit. Everything organized to offer a pleasant experience!
- The tour begins with the tourist’s pick-up from the door of their hotel in Arequipa between 6 am and 6.15 am.
- Aboard a tourist transport we will travel through the Salinas and Aguada Blanca National Reserve. The first stop will be at the viewpoint of the volcanoes in the district of Chiguata.
- The next tourist destination to visit will be the Salinas lagoon, a salt flat with shallow waters where flamingos, llamas and vicuñas can be seen. In the rainy season (January, February and March) you can see mirrors of water.
- The rest of the year tourists can visit the salt extraction centers made by local people. Everyone will be able to get the dream photos of these natural landscapes.
- The next tourist destination will be the Lojen mini-volcano where, in addition, tourists can enjoy the natural thermal baths (recommended to bring swimwear and a towel).
- Finally, the tourist transport will take the visitors back to the city of Arequipa. The tour ends with the transfer to the tourist’s hotel at around 1 in the afternoon.
Salinas Lagoon Tour – SHARED SERVICE
Price per person
|Salinas Lagoon – All inclusive||35 USD||35 USD|
- Pick up of the tourist from the door of his hotel in Arequipa.
- Complete tourist transport for all tourist destinations.
- Professional tour guide service in Spanish or English.
- Entrance to all tourist attractions to visit.
- Transfer to your hotel in Arequipa at the end of the tour.
- First aid kit.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Option to change the tour date.
- Food not described.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring?
- Passport or valid identity document.
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes for walking.
- Swimwear and towel.
- Windbreaker jacket.
- Raincoat in case of rain.
- Snacks and rehydrating drinks.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the visitor’s pick-up at the door of their hotel or at a central point in the city of Arequipa between approximately 6 am and 6.15 am.
- The tour ends in the city of Arequipa at approximately 1 pm. The tour concludes with the final transfer of the tourist to the door of his hotel or in a central square, close to the tourist restaurants of the ‘White City’.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Arequipa is located at 2,334 meters above sea level. At that elevation, the symptoms of soroche or ‘altitude sickness’ are not common. However, these can present themselves as feelings of: fatigue, nausea, headache.
- To improve the person’s own body, it usually adapts to geography. Symptoms usually subside after two to three days. To alleviate the symptoms, it is recommended to drink plenty of water (such as coca tea).
Group or private services
- Do you want to do the Salinas Lagoon Tour in Arequipa in private service? Contact email@example.com or (+51) 982 108 083.
What does the Salinas Lagoon Tour in Arequipa include?
The tour includes pick up from the hotel, complete tourist transport, professional tourist guide and entrance to all the tourist attractions to visit.
Can I relax in thermal baths during the tour?
Yes, the tour allows a moment of relaxation in the thermal baths of Lojen. Admission is optional on the tour. It is recommended to bring swimwear and a towel.
What time does the Salinas Lagoon tour start and end?
The tour begins at 6 am with the tourist’s pick-up at the door of their hotel. The tour ends with the return to the tourist’s hotel in Arequipa at approximately 1 pm. That is, the tour lasts 7 hours on average.
Can I cancel the Salinas Lagoon Tour in Arequipa?
Yes, the tour can be canceled if an email request is sent up to 5 days in advance. The email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation has a penalty of 25% of the value of the tour (reimbursement of 75% of the amount paid).
Can I change the tour date?
Yes, the tour can be modified on the visit date if a request is sent by email (to email@example.com) up to 5 days before the visit date. The change of date has a penalty of 10% of the value of the tour (which must be added through a payment link).
How can I pay for the Salinas Lagoon Tour?
The purchase of the Salinas Lagoon Tour can be made through various payment methods such as: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal. All are easy and secure payment methods.
Does the tour include entrance tickets?
Yes, the tour includes entrance tickets to all the tourist destinations to visit: Volcanoes viewpoint, Queñoales forest and the Salinas lagoon.
What to bring during the Salinas Lagoon Tour?
During the Ruta del Sillar tour, do not forget to bring with you: comfortable clothes, windbreaker jacket, sneakers, sunscreen, cap (or hat) as well as snacks, identity document (or passport) and extra cash.