Tour Sechura + Sandboarding Full Day
About this tour
- Start: Pick up from the tourist’s hotel in the city of Piura at 8.30 am.
- Duration: 9 hours (full day).
- Type of transport: Complete tourist transportation.
- Tickets (included): All entrance tickets included.
- Tour guide: Professional tourist guide in Spanish or English.
- Tourist attractions to visit: Mangroves of San Pedro de Vice, Sechura and sandboarding in Médano Blanco.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- It combines beautiful landscapes, buildings dating back to the 18th century, mangroves, sea views and, on top of that, sandboarding in the desert. All these activities are included in the Sechura province of Piura, and in the Sechura + Sandboarding Full Day tour. The tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist from their hotel in the city of Piura. Aboard a tourist transport you will travel to the town of Sechura where you will visit the main square, church, San Pedro de Vice mangroves (sighting of migratory birds), Chilliyachi beach, white dune desert (sandboarding practice) and more. The tour is in all-inclusive service.
This is the experience
- Enjoy an experience full of adrenaline and surrounded by beautiful landscapes in the Sechura desert, Piura region. The Sechura + Sandboarding tour includes a visit to the widest desert on the Peruvian coast, a place where you can practice adventure sports and have beautiful views. The tour offers all the necessary equipment for the visit: pick-up from the hotel in Piura, complete tourist transportation, professional bilingual guide, as well as entrance to the different tourist attractions. It does not include food, but it does include the option of having lunch at a tourist restaurant. The service starts at 8:30 in the morning and also ends in the city of Piura at 5 in the afternoon.
- The Sechura + Sandboarding Full Day Tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist from the door of their hotel in the city of Piura at 8.30 am. The pick-up is not valid for hotels located in the resorts of the region: Máncora, Vichayito, Punta Sal, etc.
- Then, aboard a tourist transport, we will travel for 1 hour 30 minutes (52 kilometers of travel) to the city of Sechura, famous for its desert, its mangroves and its beaches. In this city we will stop to appreciate its main square, as well as its church of San Martín, which dates back to the 18th century and has a very striking baroque style. Our tour guide will give us all the history and information behind this church.
- After learning about the history of Sechura, we will continue the trip to the mangroves of San Pedro de Vice, an ecoregion characterized by the abundance of mangroves (trees in muddy soil) and the great diversity of animals, especially birds. The tourist there will be able to see species such as: the Peruvian tern, the Peruvian grasshopper, the parihuana and more.
- The next tourist destination we will visit will be Chilliyachi beach, a spa with beautiful views of the sea where we will have time to enjoy a delicious lunch in a tourist restaurant (lunch not included in the tour).
- Always in the company of our tour guide we will understand the history of this resort, where there are old adobe houses, today a ghost town product of the sea tide and the abandonment of the fishermen who used to live there.
- Next, the tourist transport will take us to the Sechura desert, specifically the Blanco dune, a space suitable for practicing sandboarding and other sand sports.
- Together with our tour guide we will learn how to do this sport, complying with all quality and safety standards.
- Finally, the tourist transportation will make the trip which, in turn, will take us to the door of our hotel in the city of Piura. The tour ends at approximately 5:30 in the afternoon.
Included in the tour
- Pick up from the door of the tourist’s hotel in the city of Piura.
- Complete tourist transportation service.
- Bilingual tour guide (in Spanish or English).
- Entrance ticket to tourist attractions.
- Sandboarding equipment.
- Return to the tourist’s hotel in Piura.
- Tour date change option.
- Pick up from hotels in Piura spas: Máncora, Vichayito, Punta Sal.
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothing for hot weather from Sechura (shorts, polo).
- Extra change of clothes (socks, polo shirt).
- Cap or hat.
- Passport or identity document.
- Photographic camera.
- Cash (for additional purchases).
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the tourist being picked up at the door of their hotel in the city of Piura at 8:30 in the morning.
- The tour ends with the tourist being transferred to the door of their hotel in the city of Piura at 5:30 in the afternoon.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Sechura, the mangroves of San Pedro de Vice and Médano Blanco are located at sea level, so there are no symptoms of altitude sickness.
Group or private services
- Do you want to take the Sechura + Sandboarding Full Day Tour in private service? Contact email@example.com or (+51) 982 108 083.
What are the main tourist attractions of Sechura?
Sechura is one of the provinces of the department of Piura. Its main tourist attractions are: the church of San Martín de Tours, the mangroves of San Pedro de Vice, the Chilliyachi spa and the Sechura desert where you can practice adventure sports.
What are the mangroves of San Pedro de Vice?
The mangroves of San Pedro de Vice are an ecosystem characterized by the abundance of mangroves (trees in muddy soil at the mouth of the Piura River) and the great diversity of animals, especially birds. The tourist there will be able to see species such as: the Peruvian tern, the Peruvian grasshopper, the parihuana and more.
What tourist services does the tour include?
The Sechura + Sandboarding Full Day tour includes a visit to the main square and church of the city of Sechura, the mangroves of San Pedro de Vice, the Sechura desert (white dune) and more. The services included are: pick-up from the hotel, complete tourist transportation, professional bilingual guide, entrance to all tourist attractions and equipment for sandboarding.
How can I cancel the tour once purchased?
To cancel the Sechura + Sandboarding Full Day tour you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (writing that you request the cancellation of the tour). The last deadline to request it is five days before the service. Cancellation has a penalty of 25% of the amount paid (the refund is 75% of the total amount).
How can I change the date or the people who will take the tour?
To change the date or name of the tour holders, you must send an email to email@example.com (writing that you request to make these changes to the tour). The last deadline is five days before the service. The penalty for making changes is 10% of the value of the tour (which you will receive through a payment link in your email).
How is the payment for the tour made?
You can make the payment for the Sechura Tour + Sandboarding Full Day tour by completing the tour details, as well as the personal information of the tour members. Payment methods are secure: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal. All payment is 100% of the value of the service.
Is it safe to sandboard on the tour?
The Sechura + Sandboarding Full Day Tour meets all quality and safety standards so that tourists can enjoy the service without setbacks. Additionally, the tour guide is trained in first aid. Travel safe!
What to bring to the Sechura + Sandboarding Full Day tour?
If you take the tour, keep in mind to bring a backpack with an extra change of clothes (such as socks, polo), rehydrating water, snacks, cap, hat, sunglasses, clothes for hot weather, your identification documents, money in cash for extra purchases and whatever the tourist considers necessary.