City Tour Piura and Catacaos Full Day
About this tour
- Start: Pick up from your hotel in the city of Piura at 9 in the morning.
- Duration: 7 hours (half a day).
- Type of transport: Complete tourist transportation.
- Tickets (included): All entrance tickets included in the tour.
- Tour guide: Professional tour guide service in Spanish or English.
- Tourist attractions to visit: Piura Cathedral, BCR Museum, Almirante Grau House Museum, Vicús Museum, Catacaos, Narihualá Archaeological Site.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Take a tour through the history of the city of Piura. The Piura and Catacaos City Tour allows you to better understand the history of the ‘City of Carob Trees’, its main square, cathedral, museums and treasures. In addition, it allows you to visit the town of Catacaos, famous for the quality of its crafts and the archaeological site of Narihualá. All of these destinations are visited as part of an all-inclusive tour that offers pick-up, transportation, professional guide, and entrance fees (food not included). The service starts at 9 in the morning and ends at approximately 4 in the afternoon.
This is the experience
- The Piura and Catacaos Full Day City Tour offers a very interesting cultural experience in the city of Piura, northern Peru. On the tour you will see the main buildings and museums of the ‘City of Eternal Summer’. Always with the company of a guide, the tourist will understand the important history of this region from ancient Peru to the republican period. In addition, you will be able to learn about the artisan tradition of the town of Catacaos, 14 kilometers from the city. The service allows a safe, historical and enjoyable tour through a hot landscape but full of emotions. It is carried out in an all-inclusive service from 9 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon.
- The tour begins with the pick-up of the visitor from the door of their hotel in the city of Piura at 9 in the morning (the pick-up is not valid for tourists staying in hotels in Máncora, Vichayito, etc.).
- On board the tourist transport the tourist will visit the Main Square of the city of Piura. There the guide will provide us with the necessary information to better understand the history of the city. We will visit the room of the Central Reserve Bank (BCR) dedicated to the history of the city.
- Then, always in the company of our professional guide, we will visit the Miguel Grau House Museum, dedicated to the life and historical importance of the Peruvian national hero Miguel Grau Seminario, a native of Piura. The museum includes a replica of the Huáscar Monitor (a Peruvian ship during the Pacific War).
- After this visit we will enter the Vicus Museum, which exhibits a valuable collection of gold artifacts produced by the Vicus culture (between 500 BC to 400 AD). The museum allows you to learn about the great metallurgical tradition of the goldsmiths of ancient Peru. The museum is open every day except Mondays.
- After visiting the main cultural and historical centers of Piura, we will travel to a tourist restaurant to enjoy the exquisite cuisine of the Piura region (lunch not included in the tour). The visitor will enjoy famous dishes such as ceviche, dry chavelo, dry goat and more.
- After lunch. and after learning about the great history of the Piura region, we will board the tourist transportation to visit the town of Catacaos, located 14 kilometers by road from the city. There, exactly in the town of Simbillá, Piuran artisans will show us how the tradition of clay work is carried out. We will also have the opportunity to bring beautiful souvenirs.
- Finally we will visit the archaeological site and museum of Narihualá, the main citadel of the Tallán culture and declared Cultural Heritage of Peru in 2003.
- The tour culminates with tourist transportation to the city of Piura in the city center or at the door of the tourist’s hotel at approximately 4 in the afternoon.
Included in the tour
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothing for hot weather (shorts, polo).
- Cap or hat.
- Passport or identity document.
- Photo camera.
- Cash (for additional purchases).
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the tourist being picked up at the door of their hotel in the city of Piura at 9 in the morning.
- The tour ends with the tourist’s return to the city of Piura at approximately 4 in the afternoon.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- The city of Piura is located only 55 meters above sea level, so there are no symptoms of altitude sickness or mountain sickness.
Group or private services
- Do you want to take the Piura and Catacaos Full Day City Tour in private service? Contact email@example.com or (+51) 982 108 083.
What are the main tourist attractions of the city of Piura?
The main tourist attractions of the city of Piura are: the city’s Main Square, the Piura Cathedral, the Almirante Grau House Museum, the Sala de Oro Vicús Museum and the Tres Culturas Square.
What does the Piura and Catacaos Full Day City Tour include?
The Piura and Catacaos City Tour includes a visit to the Piura Cathedral, the Central Reserve Bank Museum (BCR), the Almirante Grau House Museum, the Vicús Museum, Catacaos and the Narihualá archaeological site. The services included are: pick-up from the tourist’s hotel, complete tourist transportation, entry to all tourist attractions and return to the visitor’s hotel. Does not include food.
What time does the Piura and Catacaos Full Day tour start?
The tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist at their hotel in the city of Piura at 9 in the morning. The tour ends with the tourist’s return to their hotel in Piura at approximately 4 in the afternoon. That is, the tour lasts approximately 7 hours.
How to cancel the City Tour Piura and Catacaos Full Day?
To cancel the City Tour Piura and Catacaos Full Day, you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (last deadline five days before). The penalty for canceling the tour is 25% of the amount paid (refund of 75% of the total).
How to change the date of the Piura and Catacaos Full Day City Tour?
Yes, it is allowed to make modifications to the Piura and Catacaos Full Day City Tour (change of date or name of tour holders). You can change the date or the names of the people who will take the tour. You just need to send a simple request to email@example.com. The last deadline five days before. The penalty for changes is 10% of the tour value.
How is payment made for the Piura and Catacaos Full Day City Tour?
You can make payment for the Piura and Catacaos Full Day City Tour through the Machupicchu Terra website. The first thing is to complete the tour information, your personal information and then choose one of the secure payment methods, which are: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal. Payment is online by sending 100% of the tour value.
What is Catacaos? What to see?
Catacaos, located 14 kilometers by road from the city of Piura, is famous for its artisans who carry out their work in clay in a traditional way following figures and techniques of the men of ancient Peru. the tradition of working in clay is carried out. We will also have the opportunity to bring beautiful souvenirs. It is also famous for the archaeological site and museum of Narihualá, the main citadel of the Tallán culture and declared Cultural Heritage of Peru in 2003.
What is the weather like in the city of Piura?
Piura is a city located a few kilometers from the equator, so the climate is hot and dry with temperatures that vary from 16ºC. up to 33ºC. Rainfall is scarce (a few millimeters in February, March and April).