Tour in Tambopata: Macaw Clay Lick and adventure 4 days
About this tour
- Duration: 4 days and 3 nights.
- Start: Pick up from the airport or land terminal of the city of Puerto Maldonado.
- Tourist attractions to visit: Tambopata National Park, Macaw Clay Lick and adventure sports (canoeing, sport fishing).
- Type of transport: Complete transportation throughout the tour (ground transportation and tourist boat for excursions).
- Tickets (included): Entrance ticket to all tourist attractions.
- Tour guide: Professional tour guide in Spanish or English.
- Tourist accommodation: 3 nights at Chuncho Lodge Tambopata Natural Reserve.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Enjoy 4 days and 3 unforgettable nights in the Peruvian Amazon. The 4-day tour in Tambopata includes 3 nights of lodging in an eco lodge in the jungle of the department of Madre de Dios. There, in addition, the visitor can take incredible excursions, such as: to the macaw clay lick, to the Tambopata National Park, as well as practicing adventure sports (canoeing, sport fishing and more). The tour offers pick-up from the airport (or land terminal), complete transportation (land and boat), professional guide, entrance fees, food and 3 nights of rest at the Chuncho Eco Lodge Natural Reserve. All surrounded by the beautiful Amazon jungle!
This is the experience
- The tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist from the airport or land terminal of the city of Puerto Maldonado in the heart of the Peruvian Amazon. Next, the transfer is made by road and river to the Chuncho Lodge Tambopata. The first day we can take a night excursion in the jungle. On the second day we will visit the macaw clay licks. On the third day we will do adventure sports such as canoeing and piranha sport fishing. On the fourth day we will return to the airport or land terminal of Puerto Maldonado. The tour includes everything: pickup, transportation, guide, entrance fees, food, and eco-friendly accommodation. Enjoy unforgettable days in the jungle of Peru!
Day 1: Arrival in Puerto Maldonado and trip to the lodge
- The tour begins with the pick-up and welcome of the tourist from the airport of the city of Puerto Maldonado (pick-up time previously coordinated).
- After the welcome, an assistant will take you to the tourist transport for the first transfer to the Puerto Maldonado city office. There, optionally and free of charge, you can leave your luggage in complete safety. This way you can carry a backpack with everything you need for your stay in the jungle.
- On a 2-hour trip, first by transportation and then by boat along the Tambopata River, we will travel to the Chuncho Tambopata Natural Reserve eco lodge.
- The hostel where we will spend the next few days is spacious surrounded by Amazonian vegetation and with the appropriate services for pleasant days and nights. After arrival and accommodation, we will have lunch in the dining room. In the afternoon we can take a walk outside with incredible views (from a forty-meter tower) of the Amazon jungle.
- The same during the night. Optionally, tourists can take a night tour, always accompanied by a professional guide, to appreciate the species of nocturnal animals, insects and birds.
- In the evening, after the delicious dinner, we can relax in the eco lodge and rest in the jungle of Peru.
Day 2: Excursion to Las Colpa de Macaws
- Day 2 starts early (around 4:30 a.m.) for a boat trip to the macaw clay lick during sunrise. The trip along the Tambopata River lasts 1 hour 30 minutes. With luck we will also be able to appreciate mammals and birds such as: the jaguar, the ronsoco, the sachavaca, monkeys and more.
- Back at the hotel we can have a delicious breakfast. Then we can enjoy the facilities of the eco lodge. We will be able to take an ethnobotanical excursion surrounded by species of plants, trees, birds and more. All in the company of our professional tour guide.
- Once night arrives, we can take excursions through the jungle or simply enjoy the facilities of the eco lodge. The tour already includes lunch and dinner inside the hotel.
- At night we will rest in the quiet facilities of the eco lodge.
Day 3: Adventure sports in the Amazon jungle
- On the third day we will get up early to enjoy the sunrise of the Tambopata jungle (from the platform at a height of 40 meters the view will be impressive).
- After watching the sunrise we will enjoy the delicious included breakfast. The next activity will be adventure: we will canoe with kayaks in the river, a fun experience in the jungle until we reach the El Gato ravine.
- Then we can do piranha sport fishing (capture, photograph and return the fish to the river). Additionally, in the ravine we will see a farm or field of fruit crops. We will be able to taste them and learn about the delicacies of the Amazon.
- After the morning of adventure we will return to the eco lodge for lunch. In the afternoon we can enjoy the hotel facilities such as hammocks, walks, viewpoints and more. There we can enjoy a beautiful sunset and sightings of Amazonian animals and birds.
- Then we will have the night at our disposal to have dinner and enjoy the sounds of the jungle. There we will spend the last night.
Day 4: Animal sighting and farewell
- On the fourth day we will have delicious breakfast at the eco lodge. We will also be able to appreciate the morning birds and animals.
- Then, aboard a boat and then by road, we will return to the offices of the city of Puerto Maldonado. There we will collect our belongings (optional) to finally make the trip by tourist transport to the airport or land terminal of the city.
- There, with the farewell, the tour ends.
- Pick up from the tourist at the land terminal or at the airport in the city of Puerto Maldonado.
- 3 nights of tourist accommodation in the eco lodge ‘Chuncho’ in Tambopata.
- Tourist transportation throughout the tour (transfer to eco-lodge and boat rides).
- Professional tourism guide in Spanish and English.
- Complete tourist food during the tour: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners.
- Entry ticket to all tourist attractions.
- Equipment for practicing adventure sports (canoeing, sport fishing).
- Return to the land terminal or airport of the city of Puerto Maldonado (prior coordination).
- Tour cancellation option.
- Tour date change option.
- Phone calls or tips.
What to bring?
- Clothing suitable for hot climates in the Amazon with temperatures of 32ºC. in the day and 24ºC. at night.
- Cap or hat for protection against the sun.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Passport or identity document.
- Cash for extra purchases.
- Personal hygiene utensils.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The service begins with the pick-up of the tourist at the land terminal or airport of Puerto Maldonado (after coordination).
- The service ends with the transfer of the tourist to the land terminal or airport of Puerto Maldonado (after coordination).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- The tour takes place in the low Amazon jungle, a geography located almost at sea level (approximately 185 meters above sea level). Because of this, there is no problem with altitude or mountain sickness.
Group or private services
- Do you want to take the 4-day Tour in Tambopata: Macaw clay lick and adventure in private service? Contact email@example.com or (+51) 982 108 083.
What to see on the tour?
The tour offers an experience surrounded by the exuberant nature of the Peruvian Amazon, more precisely, the flora and fauna of the Tambopata National Reserve, a protected natural area in Peru with various species of flora and fauna (covers 274,690 hectares). There the tourist will spend 4 days and 3 nights with excursions in the Amazon jungle.
Where is Puerto Maldonado? Where does the tour start?
Puerto Maldonado is an Amazonian city in Peru. It is located 1,579 kilometers by road from the city of Lima (the capital of Peru). The tour begins there, with the pick-up of the tourist from the airport or land terminal of Puerto Maldonado.
What is the hotel included in the tour?
The tour includes 4 days and 3 nights of lodging at the Chuncho Lodge Tambopata Natural Reserve in Puerto Maldonado.
Can I cancel the 4-day Tour in Tambopata: Macaw clay lick and adventure?
Yes, the tour is subject to cancellation by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The last deadline to request cancellation is 5 days before. Cancellation has a penalty of 25% of the tour value (refund of 75% of the tour value).
Can I change the date of the 4-day Tour in Tambopata: Macaw clay lick and adventure?
Yes, the tour is subject to changing the date or the names of the tour holders by sending an email to: email@example.com (5 days before the tour as the latest deadline). The cost of the modification is 10% of the tour value.
And how can I purchase the 4-day Tour in Tambopata: Macaw clay lick and adventure?
The tour is purchased online through payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal. Payment is made by sending 100% of the tour value.
Is it necessary to receive vaccinations to take the 4-day Tour in Tambopata: Macaw clay lick and adventure?
Vaccines are not mandatory to visit the Peruvian jungle but are recommended, especially by the embassies of your country of origin. To visit the Amazon rainforest, it is recommended to have a yellow fever vaccine (at least 10 days before).
Is the tour dangerous?
No, the tour is carried out with the company of a professional tourism agency, which offers all the necessary security for a safe trip, complying with all the necessary equipment.