Lodge Tour in the Peruvian jungle of Madre de Dios 3 days and 2 nights
About this tour
- Duration: 3 days and 2 nights.
- Start: Pick up from the airport or land terminal of Puerto Maldonado.
- Tourist attractions to visit: Tambopata National Park, Macaw Clay Lick and Canopy Tower.
- Type of transport: Tourist transportation throughout the tour (tourist boat in eco lodge).
- Tickets (included): Entrance ticket to all tourist attractions.
- Tour guide: Professional guide in Spanish or English.
- Tourist accommodation: Chuncho Lodge, Tambopata Natural Reserve.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Explore the mysterious Peruvian jungle of the Madre de Dios region on a superbly organized 3-day, 2-night all-inclusive tour. During the tour, the visitor will be able to experience a peaceful life in the facilities of the Chuncho eco lodge in the Peruvian jungle. There you can take excursions on foot or by boat to appreciate the diversity of Amazonian flora and fauna, as well as some of the best sunsets on the planet. The tour includes reception in Puerto Maldonado, complete transportation, food (2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners), professional guide, tourist accommodation (tourist eco lodge) as well as utensils for bird or mammal watching.
This is the experience
- The tour includes 3 days and 2 nights of tourist accommodation in the comfortable Chuncho eco lodge, in the Tambopata jungle (Madre de Dios region in the Amazon of Peru). The tour offers an experience surrounded by nature with all the necessary amenities for a pleasant stay. It offers parrot watching (Macaw clay lick), jungle viewing from a Dossel tower and memorable walks through the Tambopata jungle. You will be able to observe different species such as: ronsocos, sachavacas, parrots, macaws, monkeys, peccaries, huanganas, hummingbirds, toucans, tanagers, and much more. All within an all-inclusive service organized in the best way!
Day 1: Arrival in Puerto Maldonado and transfer to the lodge in Tambopata
- The tour begins with the reception of the tourist at the land terminal or at the airport in the city of Puerto Maldonado (183 meters above sea level).
- Next, we will transfer you to the city offices for the welcome. If you have large suitcases, you can take only what you need, safely leaving the rest of your luggage at the city office (free of charge).
- Afterwards, you will depart by tourist transport – by road and trail – until you arrive at the Tambopata River (estimated travel time 2 hours).
- Aboard a tourist boat we will make the trip through the waters of the river until we arrive at the Chuncho hostel in Tambopata.
- After settling into your comfortable eco-lodge rooms, you will enjoy a delicious welcome lunch. In the afternoon you will take an introductory walk through the tropical jungle. At around 5:30 in the afternoon you will be able to see a beautiful sunset from a spot in the new canopy tower (approximately 40 meters from the ground).
- At night you can see some nocturnal species in their natural habitat such as: monkeys, frogs, snakes, tarantulas and many beautiful insects are observed on a night walk.
- After the delicious dinner at the eco-lodge you can rest surrounded by the beautiful sound of the jungle.
Day 2: Visit to the macaw clay lick and animal sighting
- The next day you will wake up early (approximately 4:30 am) to board the tourist boat and thus appreciate the Macaw Clay Clay (trip of approximately 1 hour 30 minutes). On the boat ride you will also have the opportunity to see species such as: ronsocos – the largest rodents in the world – as well as sachavacas, and even the jaguar (the most famous feline in South America).
- The macaw clay licks are natural spaces where hundreds of parrots arrive every morning, who come to feed on clay from the wall adjacent to the river.
- On board their seat on the tourist boats, the tourist will be able to see the scarlet, red-green and blue-yellow macaws (they all arrive there to eat clay and thus eliminate toxins).
- After visiting the macaw clay licks, we will return to the lodge to have breakfast and take a rest in the hammocks adjacent to the Tambopata River (spectacular views).
- In the afternoon, after a delicious lunch at the tourist accommodation, a specialized guide will accompany us on a walk surrounded by the Amazonian vegetation. During the walk we will also be able to see monkeys, peccaries, huanganas and more.
- At night, after dinner, we will have free time to rest or, after coordination with the tour guide, we can take a night walk.
Day 3: Animal sighting and farewell
- On the third day very early we can climb the tower to see more animals and birds such as toucans, orioles, hummingbirds, trogons, woodpeckers, nun birds, tanagers, jacamas, macaws and more.
- After breakfast we will say goodbye to the members of the eco lodge to board the tourist boat that will take us back to the city of Puerto Maldonado. There, at the city office, we will board another tourist transport that will take us to the land terminal or the city airport (after coordination).
- End of the tour.
- Pick up of the tourist at the land terminal or at the airport of the city of Puerto Maldonado (prior coordination).
- 3 days and 2 nights of tourist accommodation at the ‘Chuncho’ eco lodge in Tambopata.
- Complete tourist transportation (transfer to eco-lodge and boat rides).
- Professional bilingual tourism guide.
- Tourist meals in eco-lodge: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners.
- Entry ticket to all tourist attractions.
- Return to the land terminal or airport of the city of Puerto Maldonado (prior coordination).
- Tour cancellation option.
- Tour date changes.
- Phone calls or tips.
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothing for hot tropical weather with temperatures of 32ºC. in the day and 24ºC. at night.
- Cap or hat.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Passport or identity document.
- Personal hygiene utensils.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the pick-up of the visitor at the land terminal or airport of Puerto Maldonado (after coordination with the tourist).
- The tour ends with the visitor’s transfer to the land terminal or airport of Puerto Maldonado (after coordination with the tourist).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- The city of Puerto Maldonado and the Tambopata National Reserve are located almost at sea level (approximately 185 meters above sea level). Therefore, there are no symptoms of mountain sickness or altitude sickness.
Group or private services
- Do you want to take the Lodge tour in the Peruvian jungle of Madre de Dios 3 days and 2 nights in private service? Contact email@example.com or (+51) 982 108 083.
What is Tambopata? What to see?
Tambopata is a national reserve or protected area of Peru due to its great variety of species of Amazonian flora and fauna. It is located in the department of Madre de Dios, covering an area of 274,690 hectares. It is a privileged area due to the contact with nature that it offers to tourists from all over the world.
Where is the Madre de Dios region?
The department of Madre de Dios is located in the southeast of Peru, in the northern Amazon region, bordering Brazil and Bolivia. Its capital is the city of Puerto Maldonado located at 183 meters above sea level.
Is it dangerous to visit Madre de Dios?
Madre de Dios has an Amazonian geography, some recommendations such as vaccines and protection against strong solar rays. However, the tourist visit is carried out with a team of professionals, which ensures a safe visit.
How to cancel the Tour 3 days and 2 nights in the Peruvian jungle of Madre de Dios?
You can cancel the tour by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (last deadline 5 days before). Cancellation has a penalty of 25% of the tour value (refund of 75% of the tour cost).
Can I change the date of the Tour 3 days and 2 nights in the Peruvian jungle of Madre de Dios?
You can modify the tour date by sending an email to email@example.com (5 days before the tour as the latest deadline). The cost of the modification is 10% of the tour value.
How can I make the payment for the Tour 3 days and 2 nights in the Peruvian jungle of Madre de Dios?
You can pay for the 3 days and 2 nights tour in the Peruvian jungle of Madre de Dios with payment methods available widely used in the world such as: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal. Payment must be made online for 100% of the tour value.
What is the weather like during the tour?
Puerto Maldonado poseen un clima muy caluroso por su ubicación en la selva amazónica peruana. Las temperaturas más altas en el día pueden alcanzar los 35ºC. Las temperaturas más bajas nocturnas descienden hasta los 20ºC.
When is the best time to visit Tambopata and Madre de Dios?
Tambopata and Madre de Dios can be visited throughout the year. From April to October rains are less frequent. From November to March rains are more frequent.