Canyon of the Lost Tour in Ica Full Day
About this tour
- Start: Pick up from the hotel in the city of Ica at 6.30 in the morning.
- Duration: 9 hours (Full Day).
- Tour guide: Professional guide in Spanish and English.
- Tourist attractions to visit Ica Desert and Canyon of the Lost.
- Type of transport: Wide and modern tourist transport.
- Tickets (included): Entrance ticket to all tourist attractions.
- Payment methods: Visa, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal, MasterCard.
- Immediate confirmation.
- The Canyon of the Lost is one of the most iconic landscapes of Ica in recent years. It is located in the middle of the Ocucaje desert, a beautiful landscape under the sun. The tour allows a short tour (trek) through this canyon naturally formed by the erosion of a now dry river. The tour is in the company of a professional tour guide so the visitor can be safe during the walk and visit. The tour includes pick up from the tourist’s hotel in Ica (6.30 am), complete tourist transportation, entrance to all tourist attractions, professional bilingual guide (Spanish or English), wine tasting on the route and return to the hotel in Ica (3 pm ).
This is the experience
- Visit one of the new tourist attractions in the Ica region in Peru. The Canyon of the Lost is a formation of nature in the desert, which was achieved as a result of the erosion of a river. Currently it offers a splendid landscape with lagoons, desert biological diversity, as well as a lot of history. The 1-day tour includes pick up from the hotel in Ica, tourist transportation, professional guide, tickets and everything you need to enjoy a pleasant experience in complete safety. The tour starts at 6:30 in the morning and ends at 3 in the afternoon.
Tour Canyon of the Lost in Ica
Precio por persona
|Canyon of the Lost in Ica||25 USD||25 USD|
- The Canyon of the Lost tour begins with the tourist’s pick-up from the door of their hotel in the city of Ica (or at the city’s bus station). The pick-up time is at approximately 6:30 in the morning.
- After the pick up we will board a large tourist transport to take the Panamericana Sur towards the Ocucaje desert. Before, on the outskirts of the city of Ica, we will stop to go to the restrooms and do last-minute shopping (drinks and snacks).
- The trip to the Ocucaje desert takes approximately 2 hours. The first section is by road and then take a detour through the Ica desert.
- After a path along a trail we will arrive at the main crack of the Canyon of the Lost. There you have a panoramic view of the size and depth of the canyon formed thousands of years ago as a result of the erosion of a river.
- After getting splendid photographs we will start the walk, always in the company of a professional tour guide. During the walk we will understand why the place is called ‘Canyon of the lost’. It is that many visitors who come on their own got lost in the desert.
- The Lost Canyon is 1.5 kilometers long and 150 meters deep. In each layer we will learn the history of the Ica desert, which was covered by the sea millions of years ago.
- On the route we will appreciate fossil remains, the birds that inhabit the place and the vegetation in the small lagoons. At around 11:30 in the morning, the group will re-board the tourist transport to leave for the city of Ica.
- Before arriving in Ica we will stop to visit a vineyard. There we will learn how the most delicious wines and piscos in the region are produced. We will also be able to taste a sample of good wine and pisco from Ica.
- After this we will undertake the return trip to the city of Ica. The tour ends at 3 in the afternoon with the return to the tourist’s hotel or the city bus station.
- Pick up from the tourist’s hotel (in the city of Ica).
- Tourist transportation from start to finish (tourist minivan).
- Entrance to all tourist attractions to visit.
- Professional tour guide in Spanish or English.
- Wine and pisco tasting in the Ica vineyard.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Option to change the tour date.
- Breakfast, lunch or dinner.
What to bring?
- Cap or hat and sunscreen.
- Rehydration drinks or snacks (there are no stores in the desert).
- Passport or identity document.
- Light comfortable clothing (recommended polo shirt, shorts, sunglasses).
- Photographic camera.
- Cash for optional extra purchases.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the visitor’s pick-up at the door of their hotel in Ica at 6:30 in the morning.
- The tour concludes with the return of the visitor at the door of his hotel in Ica at 3 in the afternoon.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness does not occur in tourist attractions such as the Canyon of the Lost in Ica.
Group or private services
- Do you want to do the Canyon of the Lost tour in Ica Full Day in private service? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (+51) 982 108 083.
What is the Canyon of the Lost? What is he famous for?
The Canyon of the Lost is a natural tourist attraction of Ica. It was promoted only in 2011 through a report whose journalists were lost for a moment. That is why the place was called ‘Canyon of the Lost’. It was formed thousands of years ago by the ancient passage of a river. It has an extension of 1.5 kilometers and a depth of 150 meters on average.
Does the tour include a professional guide? What else does it include?
Yes, the Canyon of the Lost in Ica Full Day tour includes a professional bilingual guide (in Spanish or English) as well as full tourist transportation, entrance to all the tourist attractions to visit, wine and pisco tasting in the vineyard, pick up from the hotel and Final transfer to the hotel in Ica.
Can I do the tour to the Canyon of the Lost from Lima?
The tour begins and ends in the city of Ica, located 304 kilometers by road from Lima. However, the tourist can undertake the trip to Ica and be received at the bus terminal of the city (pick up at 6:30 in the morning).
Can I cancel the Canyon of the Lost tour?
Yes, it is allowed to cancel the Canyon of the Lost tour in Ica Full Day. For this you must send a simple request to email@example.com (last deadline 5 days before). The penalty for cancellation is 25% of the value of the tour (75% refund).
Can I change the date of the Canyon of the Lost tour if I already bought it?
Yes, it is allowed to change the date (or service holders) of the Canyon of the Lost tour in Ica Full Day. You just have to send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. This modification has a penalty of 10% of the value of the tour (last term 5 days before). The tourist must make the payment through a payment link that he will receive in his email.
How can I buy the Canyon of the Lost tour?
You only have to make the reservation online on the Machupicchu Terra website. Then make the payment of 100% of the value of the tour with any Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal credit or debit card.
Can I visit the Canyon of the Lost on my own?
Yes, the Canyon of the Lost in Ica is a tourist attraction available with a tour or on your own. However, due to the complicated nature of the route (it is easy to get lost), the best option is to choose a tourism agency.
Is the Canyon of the Lost tour in Ica dangerous?
No, the Canyon of the Lost tour follows the necessary security protocols to offer a safe visit, free of dangers. The tour guide is in charge of providing all the necessary information to avoid any risk during the visit.