Private tourist guide in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
About this tour
- Start: At the door of your hotel in the city of Cusco or the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Duration: Approximately 10 hours.
- Type of service: Private service (schedule chosen by the tourist).
- Tourist attractions to visit: Pisac, Ollantaytambo and Chinchero.
- Tour guide: Professional private service in Spanish, English or another language.
- Not included: Transportation, lunch, entrance fees.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Optional: Complete tourist transportation, buffet lunch and entrance to all tourist attractions.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Are you planning to visit the Sacred Valley of the Incas in Cusco, Peru? Get a professional guide for your visit. The tour guide service offers the accompaniment of a tourism professional through the tourist destinations of the Sacred Valley: the Inca citadel of Pisac, the Ollantaytambo fortress and the Inca site of Chinchero. The guide will accompany you through these tourist attractions. In addition, they will be able to recommend a restaurant in the town of Urubamba. The service does not include transportation, entrance fees or lunch. However, optionally, you can add these services in the form.
This is the experience
- The tour guide service in the Sacred Valley of the Incas begins with the meeting of the guide and the tourist (along with their partner, friends or family) at the door of the hotel in the city of Cusco. The recommended time is 8 am. Then the trip takes place (optional tourist transportation in the service) through the main tourist attractions of the Sacred Valley such as: Pisac, Ollantaytambo and Chinchero. The guide will give you the best information and advice about these famous Inca temples. He will advise you which restaurant to choose in Urubamba (buffet lunch optional in the service). And it will help you get the best photographs of the trip. Does not include entrance fees, lunch or transportation.
Guided Map in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- The ‘Private tourist guide in the Sacred Valley of the Incas’ service begins with the pick-up of the visitor at the door of their hotel in the city of Cusco (or at their hotel in Urubamba or another town in the Sacred Valley). It is recommended to meet the guide at 8 in the morning.
- After gathering the private group (family, friends, couple or the tourist alone), a trip begins by private transportation (the tour does not include transportation, but this service can be included optionally) to the town of Pisac. There the tourist will walk through its beautiful streets, textile workshops or silversmiths and then travel to the door of the archaeological site of Pisac (2,972 meters above sea level).
- Pisac was an important Inca citadel famous for its immense platforms, its stone enclosures including an Inca cemetery looted during the Spanish invasion in the 16th century. The guide will provide you with the information and historical importance of the place. He will also be able to get the best photographs on the site.
- After visiting Pisac, the trip continues towards the town of Urubamba, famous for its beautiful green fields, the largest corn in Peru and its excellent restaurants. Although the service does not include lunch, you can optionally add a buffet lunch at the Tunupa restaurant (recommended).
- After the delicious lunch, the trip continues towards the archaeological site of Ollantaytambo. This town is famous for its streets of Inca origin, which earned it the name ‘Living Inca City’. The guide will also accompany you through the archaeological site of Ollantaytambo, recognized for constructions such as the Temple of the Sun, the Baño de la Ñusta, the Colcas, the 10 Hornacinas Enclosure and more.
- Then the trip is made to the town and archaeological site of Chinchero. In the town you can learn about textile art in one of its famous workshops. At the archaeological site, the former palace of Túpac Yupanqui, you will tour its platforms, roads, temples, and stone buildings. The guide will always help you get the best photos and provide the best information.
- The service ends with the return to the tourist’s hotel door at approximately 6 pm. This is a private service with the best tourist guides in Cusco.
- Tourist guide service for the tourist attractions of the Sacred Valley: Pisac, Ollantaytambo and Chinchero.
- Service date change option.
- Service cancellation option.
- Briefing or informative talk 1 day before the service (at the door of your hotel in the city of Cusco).
- Cusco Tourist Ticket (70 soles for foreigners and 40 soles for Peruvians).
- Tourist transportation service (optional to add to the service).
- Food (optional to add buffet lunch in Urubamba).
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothing for temperate climates (pants, polo shirt, windproof jacket).
- Comfortable shoes for light walks.
- Extra pole.
- Hat for sun protection.
- Passport or identity document.
- Photo camera.
- Snacks and rehydrating drinks.
- Identity document or passport.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The ‘Private tourist guide in the Sacred Valley of the Incas’ service begins with the tourist meeting the professional guide at the door of their hotel in the city of Cusco or in the Sacred Valley of the Incas (the schedule is at approximately 8 am).
- The service ends at the door of your hotel in the city of Cusco or in the Sacred Valley at approximately 6 pm.
Can I suffer from altitude sickness in Machu Picchu?
- Altitude sickness occurs in mountainous regions that exceed 2,400 meters above sea level. The towns of the Sacred Valley of the Incas are located at approximately 2,800 meters above sea level (Urubamba is at 2,871 meters above sea level). Therefore, it is possible to feel slight symptoms of altitude sickness such as fatigue, nausea and headache).
- It is recommended to spend one or two days of prior acclimatization in the city of Cusco (3,399 meters above sea level).
The private service
- The private guiding service is intended only for a tourist and his or her personal group of friends, partner or family. The opposite is the group service of tourists from different origins using the same language.
Frequently Asked Questions
What tourist attractions are visited in the private tour guide service in the Sacred Valley?
Private tourist guiding in the Sacred Valley of the Incas offers the company of a professional guide in the towns and archaeological sites of Pisac, Chinchero, Ollantaytambo and Urubamba.
Does this service include tickets?
No, the service only offers tourist guidance through the tourist attractions described. Does not include entry to Pisac, Ollantaytambo or Chinchero, which are purchased through the Cusco Tourist Ticket (can be purchased on the same day of the tour).
Can I add the tourist transportation service?
Yes, the tour guide service does not include tourist transportation. This service can be added through the reservation form.
Does the service include lunch?
The tour guide service does not include any type of food. The buffet lunch service at the Tunupa restaurant in Urubamba can be added through the reservation form.
Can I change the date of the tourist guide service in the Sacred Valley?
Yes, you can change the date or the name of the service members. For this you must send a simple request to email@example.com. The request is sent 3 days in advance as the latest deadline. The penalty for modification is equivalent to ten percent of the value of the service.
How can I make payment for this service?
You can pay for the private tour guide service in the Sacred Valley of the Incas by completing the payment form by sending 100% of the value of the service. Payment methods are any credit or debit card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal.
Can I cancel the date of the tourist guide service in the Sacred Valley?
To cancel the private tourist guide service in the Sacred Valley of the Incas you must send a simple request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The request is sent 3 days in advance as the latest deadline. The cancellation penalty is 25% of the value of the service (refund of 75% of the total amount).
How many people maximum are allowed in this service?
The private tourist guide service in the Sacred Valley of the Incas is carried out with a group of a maximum of 10 tourists. The service is private, that is, for the tourist, their friends, partner or family.