Caral and Huacho full day tour
About this tour
- Start: Pick up at the hotel door
- Tickets included: No more queues, tickets included
- Duration: 12 hours.
- Type of transport: Minivan Sprinter Full equipment
- Tour guide: In English and Spanish (shared service).
- Payment methods: Visa, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal, MasterCard.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Although it may seem unbelievable, in Lima itself and near all of this gigantic city, there are buildings dating back more than 5,000 years. Caral, is recognized worldwide as the oldest citadel in America, since it would be on a par with the cultures of Egypt, Sumer and China. Although the main debacle was its isolation and little contact with other great cultures. This is because the American continent presents one of the most complicated geographies and climates in the world. In spite of all this, at present, it is possible to appreciate the main constructions of this ancestral place. Caral is located in the district of Supe to the north of Lima and still houses among its ruins important temples such as the Altar al Fuego and the Templo Mayor. This tour includes a whole day activity so it is ideal for those who want to do something different on a weekend.
This is the experience
- As in all Machupicchu Terra services, we begin our service with travel advice and answering some questions about the tour. Once everything is defined, we start picking up passengers from the hotels. This pick up will also have to be coordinated since our transport only operates in certain districts. The tour will start at 9:00 in the morning. This activity will begin with an ancient destination, which is known as Ancestral Lima, where you will visit the archaeological site of Huaca Pucllana. Then, the trip continues in the sprinter minivan until you reach the Historic Center of Lima. Throughout this sector you can see large colonial buildings, where the Plaza Mayor, the Basilica Cathedral of Lima and the San Francisco de Lima Convent stand out. At the end of the tour, the return is made through the traditional districts of Lima, such as: San Isidro, Miraflores and Larcomar.
Caral Full Day Itinerary
- As it is a full day tour, we will have to start activities from 7:00 in the morning.
- The first activity is the pick up from the hotels that usually lasts 30 minutes. For this, travelers must wait ready.
- The main trip will be to visit Caral. For this you have to have a trip of approximately 4 hours.
- The trip will not be tiring, the driver will make stops to shop or go to the bathroom.
- Once in Caral, a local guide will help us learn more about the entire archaeological site.
- The guide who accompanied us from the beginning could be the translator, if required.
- The main attractions of Caral are: the Templo Mayor, the Altar to the Sacred Fire and other religious buildings.
- Upon returning we will enter the district of Huacho to have an exquisite lunch.
- In case there is time left over, we can take a brief tour of the main destinations of Huacho such as knowing its Main Square, the Rotunda and the old Casino.
- It is estimated to arrive in Lima before 6:00 p.m.
Caral and Huacho full day tour – SHARED SERVICE
Price per person
|Caral and Huacho Full Day – All included||175 USD||175 USD|
- Transportation to start the trip from the door of your hotel.
- Our transports are of the minivan sprinter full equipment model.
- We will have reserved tickets to the destinations to visit.
- Bilingual guide fluent in Spanish and English.
- Transportation to return to Lima.
- Option to cancel the tour.
- Transportation to other places not specified in the itinerary.
- Snacks, drinks, fruits.
- Sunscreen and hats.
What to bring?
- Everyone must carry the identity document (DNI or Passport).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat.
- Preferably comfortable clothing. In any case, consult according to the season.
- Snacks and small drinks to avoid discomfort.
- Comfortable shoes.
Where does the tour start and end?
- From the door of your hotel and you will also end there.
- In case you decide to go down before or another place, it can only be possible if you are on the route and notifying it in a timely manner.
What is Caral’s story?
- Caral was discovered by Ruth Shady.
- According to carbon studies, Caral is 5,000 years old.
- It represented one of the first cultural centers related to the Peruvian territory.
- The excavations carried out support the theory that most of the temples were religious, although houses can be seen in some sectors.
- Quipus, ceramics, shicras, statuettes and more were also found.
Is it necessary to go with an agency?
- A travel agency fixes everything you need so you don’t have worries at the time of the trip.
- In this sense, Machu Picchu offers basic services such as transportation, guidance and food. All safely.
- If you have any questions, you can contact us by email@example.com or our social networks. Find us as Machupicchu Terra.
How long is the tour?
The full day Caral and Huacho tour lasts 12 hours. This prolonged duration is due to the long trip from Lima to Caral. Although it seems heavy, it is not because during the trip stops are made and the guide informs about some important points of the city that is going through or leaving behind.
Is there a vegetarian option?
Yes, you just have to indicate in advance that you want such a service. Likewise, we will be attentive to the needs that may arise during the trip. Our commitment is to our entire team of travelers.
What happens if I don’t show up for the tour?
Minutes before going through the hotels, the driver will make phone calls, advising that he is on his way. In case you do not get an answer from the phone and at the hotel. The service will be considered given or performed. That is, you will not have the option to claim. Remember that you can make cancellations as long as you submit the cancellation request in advance.
Is this tour dangerous, can children and the elderly do it?
This tour is not dangerous. The driver of our transport knows the route well and the trip is also made on paved road. Throughout the trip the group will be maintained to prevent someone from getting lost or unable to locate themselves. Likewise, the route through Caral is easy to do on foot. The roads to visit each attraction in Caral are well marked and in good condition. It is an ideal trip for the whole family, especially for weekends.