Private tourist guide in Huayna Picchu mountain
About this tour
- Start: At the entrance gate to Machu Picchu.
- Tickets: Does not include entry to Machu Picchu.
- Duration: 4 horas aproximadamente.
- Type of service: Private service (schedule chosen by the tourist).
- Tourist attractions to visit: Machu Picchu y Huayna Picchu.
- Tour guide: Staff of trained professional guides in Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu.
- Languages: Spanish, English, Portuguese or other languages.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Get to know the Huayna Picchu mountain and the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu in the company of a professional tour guide. The private tourist guide service accompanies the visitor through Machu Picchu (circuit 4) and the arduous walk to the top of Huayna Picchu (2,693 meters above sea level). The guide is a professional with extensive experience and command of several languages. The service lasts approximately 4 hours (including the entire route to Huayna Picchu). The guiding takes place at the time chosen by the visitor. The service is private, that is, for the tourist, their group of friends, partner or family.
This is the experience
- The service begins with the meeting of the tourist and the guide at the train station in the town of Aguas Calientes or at the door of the visitor’s hotel (if they arrive in Aguas Calientes a day before). Then the bus trip (bus ticket not included) takes place to the entrance gate of Machu Picchu. The route includes circuit 4, with a visit to the House of the Inka, the Temple of the Sun, the Sacred Rock and more. The route through Huayna Picchu lasts approximately 3 hours. The tourist will travel the difficult paths in the company of his professional guide. Then, the guide will accompany the visitor to the exit door of Machu Picchu where the service ends, after approximately 4 hours.
Machu Picchu Tour Map
Where is Huayna Picchu mountain? How to get there?
The Huayna Picchu mountain is located northeast of the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. To get there you must first enter Machu Picchu. After a walk through its main buildings you arrive at the entrance gate (in the area of the Sacred Rock). There begins the walk by stone steps to reach the top of Huayna Picchu. The return route is the same way, but downhill.
- One day before the ‘Private tourist guide in Huayna Picchu’ service, the tourist will receive a visit from the tourist in the lobby of their hotel in the town of Aguas Calientes. There you will receive all the necessary information (briefing) for your adventure in Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu.
- Otherwise, the service begins with the tourist meeting at the Machu Picchu train station (if the visitor arrives a day before).
- The guide will accompany you on the bus trip (30-minute route) from the town of Aguas Calientes to the entrance gate of Machu Picchu. The bus ticket is not included in the service.
- At the entrance gate of Machu Picchu, the tourist will enter with their professional guide. In Machu Picchu there will be a short visit (circuit 4) to Inca constructions such as the Temple of the Sun, the House of the Inka, the Sacred Rock and more.
- A few steps from the Sacred Rock you enter Huayna Picchu. The route through this mountain is along stone stairs made by the Incas. It takes approximately 1 hour 30 minutes to reach the top.
- From the top of Huayna Picchu you have beautiful views of the entire Inca citadel. The guide will provide you with the appropriate information. In addition, it will help you get the best photographs of the place.
- The return section is lighter as it is downhill. However, care must be taken at every step. The guide will be accompanying you in case you require help.
- After leaving the mountain, the last part of the route through Machu Picchu continues. The tourist will visit the Temple of the Condor, the Water Sources, the Sector of the Andenes to, finally, leave Machu Picchu after approximately 4 hours of travel.
- If required, the tour guide can provide you with information about restaurants in the town of Aguas Calientes or how to board the train back to Cusco.
- Visit to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu in private tour guide service (in Spanish, English or another language) .
- Service date change option.
- Service cancellation option.
- Briefing or informative talk 1 day before the service.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu or Huayna Picchu.
- Train or bus ticket.
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothing for temperate climates (pants, polo shirt, windproof jacket).
- Trek shoes.
- Extra pole.
- Hat for sun protection.
- Passport or identity document.
- Photo camera.
- Snacks and rehydrating drinks.
- Identity document or passport.
- Suitable backpack.
Where does the service start and end?
- The ‘Private tourist guide in Huayna Picchu’ service begins with the tourist meeting the professional guide at the entrance gate of Machu Picchu (at the time chosen by the tourist).
- The service concludes at the exit gate of Machu Picchu after 4 hours of guiding through Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu.
Can I suffer from altitude sickness at Machu Picchu?
- Altitude sickness occurs in mountainous regions that exceed 2,400 meters above sea level. The Inca citadel of Machu Picchu is located at 2,430 meters above sea level and the summit of Huayna Picchu at 2,693 meters above sea level. Therefore, it is possible to feel slight symptoms of altitude sickness (fatigue, nausea, headache, etc.).
- However, these symptoms do not present acutely in Machu Picchu. A prior acclimatization of 2 or 3 days is recommended in the city of Cusco or the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
The private service
- The private tour guide service is intended only for a tourist and their personal group of friends, partner or family. The opposite is the group service of tourists from different origins using the same language.
How long does the private tour guide in Huayna Picchu last?
The private tour guide service in Huayna Picchu lasts approximately 4 hours.
What language is the private tour guide in Huayna Picchu?
The service is for the visitor, their group of family, friends or partner in Spanish, English, Portuguese or another language according to the visitor’s choice.
Are the guides professionals?
Yes, the private tour guide service includes professional guides trained in Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu. The guides know its history, constructions and main points to get excellent photographs.
What is the circuit included in the private tourist guide in Huayna Picchu?
The service includes tourist guidance through circuit 4 in Machu Picchu (Temple of the Sun, House of the Inka, Sacred Rock, Temple of the Condor) as well as the route to the Huayna Picchu mountain.
How to change the date of the private tour guide service in Huayna Picchu?
To change the date of the private guide service in Huayna Picchu you only have to send a simple request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The request is sent 3 days in advance as the latest deadline. The penalty for modification is 10 percent of the value of the service.
How to pay for the private tour guide service in Huayna Picchu?
You can make payment for the private tour guide service in Huayna Picchu through our payment form by sending 100% of the value of the service. Payment methods are any credit or debit card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal.
How can I cancel the private tour guide service in Huayna Picchu?
To cancel the private tourist guiding service in Huayna Picchu you only have to send a simple request to email@example.com. The request is sent 3 days in advance as the latest deadline. The cancellation penalty is 25% of the value of the service (refund of 75% of the total amount).
Does the service include entry to Huayna Picchu?
No, the private tour guide does not include any entrance fee or transportation ticket.