Tour Salkantay Trek 4 days with All Inclusive
- Visit Machu Picchu on one of the most incredible hiking trails in Peru. It is the 4-day, 3-night trek known as the Salkantay Trek. It crosses incredible landscapes until it reaches Machu Picchu by way of the town of Aguas Calientes. On this route you will have the opportunity to visit the famous Humantay lagoon, one of the most beautiful landscapes in Cusco. Likewise, it will have to challenge its resistance in places of high altitude such as the ‘Abra Salkantay, located at 4,650 meters above sea level ((15,255 feet) as well as jungle-browed landscapes such as Machu Picchu located 2,430 meters from the sea ( 7,972 feet).
About this tour
- Type of transport:
Large fully equipped minivan, train, bus.
- Tickets included (no queues):
Entrance ticket Machu Picchu Only.
- Tourist guide:
In English and Spanish (shared service).
Team of porters with horse.
Team of chefs (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Camp 2 days and 1 night in a standard hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu Pueblo).
At 4 in the morning of day 1 at the door of your hotel.
- Payment methods:
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
This is the experience
- The Salkantay Trek is famous for offering beautiful mountainous landscapes of Cusco. After a challenging walk you will arrive at nothing less than Machu Picchu, one of the seven wonders of the world. The service includes everything you need for the adventure: transportation, entrance to Machu Picchu, tour guide service, camping equipment (including 1 night in our Skylodge), luggage transfer on horseback, cook staff, porters staff, 1 night in hotel, return by train, bus and emergency kit. The tour is organized by a team of tourism specialists. The service is of great quality. It even offers well-conditioned campsites with a view of the stars, first aid equipment, trekking, security as well as easy payment, immediate confirmation and the option of canceling the tour up to 72 hours before.
- It all begins with the tourist picking up at the door of their hotel in the city of Cusco. The minivan will take you to the town of Mollepata where we will get ready to start the walk.
- Together with the team of cooks, muleteers and horses, we will travel for a few hours until we arrive at the Soraypampa camp. There the camp will be ready with lunch made by our cooks.
- Then we will start a 2-kilometer uphill walk until we reach the famous Humantay lagoon, one of the most beautiful landscapes in Cusco due to its crystal clear waters.
- After visiting the Humantay lagoon we will return to the Soraypampa camp where we will have dinner and have a well-deserved rest in our ‘skylodge’ camp with a view of the stars.
- In the early hours of the morning we will enjoy a nutritious breakfast made by our cooks. Then we will get ready for the hike that will mostly be uphill.
- That morning we will walk through high altitude landscapes. We will cross the ‘Paso’ or ‘Abra Salkantay’ from where the imposing Salkantay snow can be appreciated. At the indicated time, we will taste a ready lunch at the site’s camp.
- After the arduous uphill hike, you will begin a downhill section through landscapes of the Cusco jungle. The environment will become greener. After a short hike we will arrive at our ‘Chaullay’ camp where our cooks will have prepared dinner and tents for the night.
- On the third day our cooks will delight us with a nutritious breakfast in the early hours of the day. Then we will continue with the walk that will not be as arduous as the previous days.
- We will visit landscapes of abundant nature where we can see coffee plantations, fruits and other plants. We will visit towns of the place until we arrive at ‘La Playa’ where we will stop for lunch.
- After lunch our tourist transport will take us to the famous Hidroeléctrica station from where we will walk for approximately 10 kilometers until we arrive at the town of Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town).
- In Aguas Calientes we will have dinner at a local restaurant and spend the night in a standard lodging. At night our tour guide will give us a brief talk because the next day Machu Picchu will wait for us.
- On the last day we will get up very early to have breakfast in the hotel’s dining room. Then we will make a last and challenging walk of approximately 2 hours to the Inca city of Machu Picchu. Tourists who wish can go to the bus station that will take them from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu. This section takes 30 minutes on average and is not included in the tour.
- Together with our tour guide, we will get to know Machu Picchu. Optionally, visitors who decided to add the hike to Huayna Picchu, will be able to ascend this mountain. At the end of the visit, we will descend on foot (or bus for extra cost) to Machu Picchu town. Once there we will have free time to have lunch (own expense), buy souvenirs or simply learn more about this famous town.
- Finally we will take the ‘Expedition’ train that will take us to the town of Ollantaytambo and from there our tourist transport will wait for us that will take us back to the city of Cusco where the tour ends.
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Transportation to the beginning of the trek in Mollepata.
- Hiking equipment.
- Camping equipment.
- Team of muleteers with horse.
- Team of cooks (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- Tour guide service in English and Spanish.
- Train ‘Expedition’ Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes (for the return).
- 1 night in a standard hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town).
- First aid kit.
- Entrance ‘Machu Picchu Only’.
- Breakfast on day 1. Lunch and dinner on day 4.
- Bus to go from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu (optional).
What to bring
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Swimwear (optional visit to thermal baths in Machu Picchu town).
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- A coat.
- Poncho for rain.
- Snacks and extra drinks.
- Comfortable trekking shoes.
- Mosquito repellent.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the tourist picking up at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at a central location in the city, such as a square.
- The tour ends at Square Regocijo in the center of the city (a few steps from most tourist hotels and restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce the symptoms, try to acclimatize the day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking coca leaf infusions (a natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at email@example.com.
Are the nights very cold in the camps?
The first night in the camp is the coldest. This is due to the fact that we camp at the foot of the Salkantay snowy mountain. However, the camp is in an environment adequately conditioned to withstand the low temperatures. It is also recommended to wear warm clothes for that night. The following nights, the temperature is more pleasant to the visitor.
Does the tour include sleeping bags?
No. Sleeping bags are personal items that must be carried by the tourist. If you want, we can get you a sleeping bag. Just write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there a vegetarian food option?
Yes. To request the option of vegetarian food during the tour, you just have to write to email@example.com.
Can I add a visit to the Huayna Picchu mountain to the tour?
Yes. The visit to the Huayna Picchu mountain is available for an additional amount. It is recommended to request the entrance to this mountain approximately 2 to 4 months in advance.
Classic Inca Trail Tour 4 days with All Inclusive
- Small group
- Duration: 4 days
Lares Trek Tour to Machu Picchu 4 days
- Small group
- Duration: 4 days
City Tour + Sacred Valley + Machupicchu 3 days
- Small group
- Duration: 3 days