Tour 8 days: Cusco, Puno and Machu Picchu
About this tour
- Start: With pickup at the airport in the city of Cusco.
- Duration: 8 days and 7 nights.
- Type of transport: Large tourist minivan for each day of excursion, tourist train for Machu Picchu and tourist bus for the ‘Route of the Sun’ tour.
- Tickets included (no lines): All tickets are included in the tour.
- Tour guide: Professional tour guide every day in English and Spanish (group service).
- Feeding. Breakfast every day and 5 lunches during the tours.
- Lodging: 4 nights in a hotel in the city of Cusco, 1 night in a hotel in the city of Puno and 1 night on Amantani Island in Lake Titicaca.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Tour the best tourist attractions in southern Peru. The ‘8 days’ tour. Cusco, Puno and Machu Picchu ‘includes a visit to famous tourist attractions such as: the city of Cusco, the city of Puno, Machu Picchu, the 7 Colors Mountain, the Humantay lagoon and more. The tour allows you to get to know them within an all-inclusive tour: pick-up from the airport, tourist transportation, professional guide, entrance to all places, tourist hotel in each place (standard service recommended for its quality) and food (full breakfasts and lunch on some tours ). The service does not include dinners. Get to know the best of Cusco and Puno on an 8-day tour!
This is the experience
- The ‘8-day Cusco, Puno and Machu Picchu Tour’ offers an unforgettable experience through the best tourist attractions in southern Peru. Tourists will be able to discover Andean natural landscapes such as the 7 Colors Mountain, the Humantay lagoon or Lake Titicaca. In addition, you will be able to learn about the immense ancient culture of Andean peoples such as the Uros, Taquile or Amantani in Puno. Of course you can also visit Machu Picchu, the wonder of the world. The tour is suitable for the whole family. Includes an unforgettable tourist bus trip from Cusco to Puno passing through more tourist destinations. Enjoy a great experience in southern Peru! The service is all inclusive!
DAY 1: Pick up from Cusco airport and City Tour
- The ‘8-day Cusco, Puno and Machu Picchu Tour’ begins with the welcome and pick-up of the tourist at the airport in the city of Cusco.
- Pick-up takes place at the time agreed upon by the visitor. Then, aboard a tourist transport, the trip is made to the center of the city of Cusco (at the door of the chosen hotel).
- The hotel is a standard service recommended for its good quality, cleanliness and excellent service. The visitor will stay there. Then, at 1 pm, the tourist is picked up from the hotel door to begin the Cusco City Tour.
- The tour begins with a visit to the Cusco Cathedral. Next, we visit the Sacsayhuamán fortress and the archaeological sites of Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay. The visit to all tourist attractions is in the company of a professional guide.
- The last destination to visit is the Inca temple of Coricancha, the most important in the Tahuantinsuyo empire. The tour ends in the historic center of the city at approximately 6.30 pm.
- At night the tourist can dine on their own (service not included).
- The tour includes a hotel night in a standard service recommended for its quality.
DAY 2: Tour of the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu
- On the second day of the tour, the famous tour to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu takes place. Tourist pick-up is at approximately 5 in the morning. It is recommended to request a box lunch breakfast with your hotel reception.
- In a short trip we will arrive at the Wánchaq station where we will take the Peru Rail ‘Bimodal’ bus heading to the Ollantaytambo station (2 hours of travel).
- At the Ollantaytambo station we will take the Peru Rail Expedition train to make the trip to Machu Picchu town (1 hour 40 minutes of travel). On the way we will appreciate the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas and the Vilcanota River.
- In Aguas Calientes, all you need to do is take the tourist bus that takes visitors to the entrance gate of Machu Picchu in 30 minutes.
- At the entrance gate of Machu Picchu we will take the tour with our tour guide. The circuit is ‘2’ that includes the main Inca constructions, their temples, as well as the classic postcard photo. The circuit takes approximately 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The return trip follows the same route as the outward trip. After taking the bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes there is free time for lunch (not included in the tour).
- At the time agreed upon by the guide, you board the Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo. Then the Bimodal bus section from Ollantaytambo to the city of Cusco.
- That day the tour ends with the transfer to the door of the visitor’s hotel at approximately 9 pm.
- The night is spent at the tourist hotel (dinner not included).
DAY 3: 7 Colors Mountain Tour
- On the third day of the tour, the famous tour to the 7 Colors Mountain, Vinicunca, takes place.
- Everything starts very early with the pick-up of the tourist from the door of their hotel at approximately 5 am..
- After a 2-hour trip, we arrive at the community of Cusipata where the tourist will descend to enjoy a delicious buffet breakfast made with Andean ingredients.
- After breakfast we will take the tourist transport again to travel 1 hour to the community of Phulawasipata. There it’s time to get ready to begin the difficult hike to Vinicunca.
- The walk takes 2 hours on average (approximately 3 kilometer route). What makes the route difficult is the geography of almost 5 thousand meters above sea level. Optionally, tourists who cannot complete the walk can rent a horse from a community resident (service not included in the tour).
- Once on the 7 Colors Mountain the prize will be one of the most beautiful landscapes in Cusco and Peru. The guide will help us with photos and information about this tourist attraction of various colors.
- The return will be along the same outward route, only mostly downhill. In Phulawasipata it is time to board the tourist transport to return to the town of Cusipata.
- In the town of Cusipata you will enjoy a delicious buffet-style lunch made with Andean ingredients.
- After the visit to Vinicunca and lunch, it is time to return to the city of Cusco where the tour ends at approximately 6 pm.
- The remainder of the night the visitor can walk through the city of Cusco (dinner not included in the tour).
- We will spend the night in the tourist hotel in Cusco.
DAY 4: Tour to Humantay lagoon
- The fourth day of the tour is the visit to the Humantay lagoon. The tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist from the door of their hotel in Cusco at approximately 4 am.
- The first section is by tourist transport to the town of Mollepata (approximately 3 hour trip). There the visitor will enjoy a buffet breakfast in a tourist restaurant.
- After breakfast we will board the tourist transportation again to travel to the community of Soraypampa where we will get ready for the walk to the Humantay lagoon.
- The walk is approximately 2 kilometers. The route is arduous as the path is mostly uphill. Optionally (not included in the tour) the visitor can request a horseback ride to the lagoon.
- Once in the Humantay lagoon, tourists will be able to appreciate one of the most beautiful landscapes in Peru. The lagoon is located at 4,200 meters above sea level. The guide will provide you with details of the history and nature of Humantay.
- The return trip is along the same outward leg. The return is mostly downhill so it is much easier.
- In Soraypampa, the tourist transportation to the town of Mollepata is boarded. There you will enjoy a buffet lunch made with Andean ingredients.
- The return trip to the city of Cusco takes 3 hours on average. The tour ends at approximately 6 pm.
- The rest of the night the tourist can walk through the city of Cusco (dinner not included in the tour).
- At night it’s time to rest at the tourist hotel in Cusco.
DAY 5: Ruta del Sol Tour from Cusco to Puno
- On the fifth day, the ‘Ruta del Sol’ tour takes place from the city of Cusco to the city of Puno.
- Early in the morning, the visitor can have breakfast at the Cusco tourist hotel.
- The visitor is then picked up at the door of their hotel at approximately 6.30 am.
- At 7 am the tourist bus departs from the Cusco bus terminal. During the trip, strategic stops will be made to see important tourist attractions. The first stop will be at the Andahuaylillas chapel, the so-called ‘Sistine Chapel of America’. This church dates back to the 17th century and is famous for its murals, canvases, furniture and liturgical objects.
- The next tourist destination to visit is the archaeological complex of Raqchi, also called the Wiracocha temple. There we will find colcas, stone buildings, adobe and more.
- Continuing with the tourist transportation we will stop at the La Pascana restaurant. There we will enjoy a buffet lunch with: vegetables, side dishes, desserts, hot drinks, appetizers and more.
- The next tourist destination will be the Raya Pass, border between the cities of Cusco and Puno, at an altitude of 4,335 meters above sea level. There you can get beautiful photos of the Andes Mountains.
- In the Pucara lithic museum we can learn the history of the famous ‘bulls of Pucara’. Also, optionally, we can purchase ceramics and sculptures.
- Finally, after a 10-hour journey, you arrive at the city of Puno (3,827 meters above sea level) at approximately 5 pm.
- In the city of Puno, a tourist transport will take you to your hotel (recommended standard service) where you can rest (dinner not included).
DAY 6: Uros, Taquile and Amantani Tour day 1
- Day 6 of the tour begins with the tourist having breakfast at their tourist hotel in the city of Puno.
- At 7:50 in the morning the adventure begins with the tourist being picked up at the door of their hotel. Then, aboard a tourist transport, the trip is made to the boat port to Lake Titicaca.
- At the port we will board the modern boat that will take us through the main towns that inhabit Lake Titicaca.
- After a 30-minute trip from Puno by boat (7 kilometers), we will arrive at the island of Uros. There we will learn about their lifestyle, history, customs, activities and crafts.
- The Uros will show us the construction techniques on their floating islands made from reeds. Likewise, we can take a ride on these artisanal boats accompanied by a family from the Uros.
- Next, we will travel on our tourist boat for almost 3 hours through the beautiful waters of Lake Titicaca. The destination will be the island of Amantani. There, a family will welcome us and invite us to their home to enjoy a typical lunch (included in the tour).
- On the island of Amantani we will visit the temples of Pacchata and Pachamama. There, from the top of the island, we will appreciate a beautiful sunset on Lake Titicaca.
- Then we will descend to our family’s home which will give us rustic accommodation. There we will also enjoy a dinner made with local Andean ingredients.
- At night, before going to sleep, we will enjoy a small welcome party in the Amantani community.
DAY 7: Uros, Taquile and Amantani Tour day 2
- The next day of the tour we will enjoy a typical breakfast in the Amantani community.
- Then there is the farewell by the Amantani community.
- Aboard our tourist boat we will travel to Taquile Island. On this island we will take a walk to the main square of the town. There we will meet its inhabitants. Together with our tour guide we will learn more about their culture, traditions, main activities and more.
- At midday we will visit a local tourist restaurant with beautiful views of Lake Titicaca. There we will enjoy a delicious tourist lunch.
- Then we will take a walk to the stone arch with beautiful views of Lake Titicaca. There we will get incredible photos.
- Finally we will descend to the main square of Taquile and continue to the main port to board the tourist boat. At sunset we will arrive in the city of Puno where a tourist transport will take us to the door of our hotel in the city of Puno.
- During the night (dinner not included in the tour) we will have time to get to know the city and rest at the chosen tourist hotel.
DAY 8: Transfer to the airport and end of the tour
- On the last day of the tour we can have breakfast at the tourist hotel in the city of Puno. Afterwards, the visitor is picked up from the hotel door. The pick-up time is agreed in advance by WhatsApp with your advisor.
- The tour ends with transfer to Juliaca airport and a cordial farewell.
- End of the tour.
- Pick up from the airport in the city of Cusco.
- Pick up from the tourist hotel for the tours for each day.
- Complete tourist transportation service (in large minivan and Peru Rail and Inca Rail tourist train for the visit to Machu Picchu).
- Professional bilingual tour guide for each tour (in Spanish and English).
- 4 nights in a hotel in the city of Cusco, 1 night in a hotel in the city of Puno and 1 night on Amantani Island in Lake Titicaca.
- Breakfast every day and 5 lunches during the tours.
- City Tour Cusco.
- Machu Picchu Full Day Tour.
- 7 Colors Mountain Tour.
- Humantay Lagoon Tour.
- ‘Ruta del Sol’ tour from Cusco to Puno 1 day.
- Tour of Lake Titicaca Uros, Amantani, Taquile 2 days.
- Return to Juliaca airport.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Plane tickets.
What to bring?
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothing for temperate weather in Lima and cold weather in Cusco and Puno.
- Light clothing for the visit to Machu Picchu.
- A jacket (cold night temperatures in Cusco and Puno).
- Mosquito repellent.
- Photo camera.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The 8-day Cusco, Puno and Machu Picchu All Inclusive tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist at the airport in the city of Cusco.
- The tour ends with the transfer and farewell of the visitor at the Juliaca airport.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- The city of Cusco (3,399 meters above sea level) and the city of Puno (3,827 meters above sea level) are located in the heart of the Andes Mountains. In these regions it is normal to suffer some symptoms of altitude sickness: dizziness, fatigue or nausea.
- Symptoms usually reduce after two or three days of adaptation of the visitor in high-altitude cities (acclimatization). It is also recommended to drink rehydrating drinks and avoid fatty foods or excessive alcoholic beverages.
Group or private services
- The 8-day Cusco, Puno and Machu Picchu tour is carried out in group service. For a more private service for you, your partner, family or friends; You can contact us at email@example.com.
What are the tourist attractions included in the ‘8 days Cusco, Puno and Machu Picchu’ tour?
The tour includes a visit to the city of Cusco (City Tour), Machu Picchu, the 7 Colors Mountain, the Humantay lagoon, the Ruta del Sol (trip from Cusco to Puno with tourist stops), as well as the islands of Uros, Taquile and Amantani on Lake Titicaca.
Does the ‘8 days Cusco, Puno and Machu Picchu’ tour include plane tickets?
No, the tour does not include plane tickets. However, if the tourist requests it, we can organize their flights with the best schedules and airlines. Just contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does the ‘8 days Cusco, Puno and Machu Picchu’ tour include a hotel?
Yes, the tour includes 4 hotel nights in the city of Cusco, 1 hotel night in the city of Puno and 1 night on Amantani Island in Lake Titicaca. These services are recommended for their cleanliness, tranquility and organization (hot shower, wifi internet, TV, furniture and more). Optionally, for an extra payment, the visitor can improve the quality of their hotel to 3, 4 or 5 star services.
Does the ‘8 days Cusco, Puno and Machu Picchu’ tour include food?
Yes, the tour includes breakfast every day (7 breakfasts) and 5 lunches during the tours. Does not include dinners. All services are touristic.
How is payment made for the ‘8 days Cusco, Puno and Machu Picchu’ tour?
You can make payment for the ‘8 days Cusco, Puno and Machu Picchu tour through the payment form on the website or by requesting it from your sales advisor. Payment is made with any Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal credit or debit card.
Can I cancel the ‘8 days Cusco, Puno and Machu Picchu’ tour?
Yes, the ‘8 days Cusco, Puno and Machu Picchu’ tour can be canceled by sending an email to email@example.com. The last deadline is five days before the start of the service. The penalty is 50% of the total value paid (50% refund). It is not allowed to change the date of the tour.