Salkantay Trek Tour 5 days with All Inclusive
- Know Machu Picchu visiting one of the best hiking trails in Peru. This is the 5-day, 4-night trek known as the Salkantay Trek. It crosses incredible landscapes until reaching Machu Picchu through the road of the town of Aguas Calientes. On this route you will walk a total of 70 kilometers where you will appreciate high altitude places such as the ‘Abra Salkantay, located at 4,650 meters (15,255 feet) above sea level as well as jungle eyebrow landscapes such as Machu Picchu located at 2,430 meters from the sea (7,972 ft).
About this tour
- Type of transport:
Large minivan with full equipment, train, bus.
- Tickets included (no queues):
Entrance ticket Machu Picchu Only.
- Tourist guide:
In English and Spanish (shared service).
Team of porters with horse.
Cooks team (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Camp 3 days and 1 night in a standard hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town).
At 4 in the morning on day 1 at the door of your hotel.
- Payment methods:
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
So is the experience
- The Salkantay Trek experience will reveal the beautiful mountainous landscapes of Cusco until you reach Machu Picchu. The tour includes everything you need for the adventure: transportation, entrance to the Inca City, tour guide service, camping equipment, luggage transfer on horseback, chefs staff, porters staff, 1 night in hotel, return by train , bus and emergency kit. The tour is organized by a team of tourism specialists. You will benefit from personalized tourist assistance, well-equipped camps with a view of the stars, first aid equipment, trekking, security as well as easy payment and immediate confirmation.
- It all starts with the tourist pick up at the door of your hotel in the city of Cusco. The minivan will take you to the town of Mollepata where we will get ready to start the trek.
- Together with the team of chefs, muleteers and horses, we will walk for a few hours until we arrive at the Soraypampa camp. There the camp will be ready with lunch made by our cooks.
- It is a high mountain geography, close to lagoons and snow-capped mountains. There we will have dinner and have a well-deserved rest in the dome style camp.
- Very early in the morning we will enjoy a nutritious breakfast made by our cooks. Then we will get ready for the walk.
- That morning we will walk through high altitude landscapes. We will cross the ‘Paso’ or ‘Abra Salkantay’ from where you can see the imposing snowy Salkantay. At the indicated time, we will taste a ready lunch in the camp of the place.
- After the arduous walk uphill, a downhill section will begin through the jungle landscapes of Cusco. The environment will become greener. After a little walk we will arrive at the Rayanpata camp. There we will spend the second night of camping.
- On the third day we will enjoy a delicious breakfast in the early hours of the day. Then we will get ready to continue with the walk that will not be as arduous as the previous days.
- We will appreciate landscapes of abundant vegetation where coffee, fruits and other plants grow. We will visit local towns such as Chaullay, the Beach and Lucmabamba. There we will stop for lunch.
- In the Lucmabamba camp is our camp where we will have dinner and rest until the next day.
- The penultimate day we will enjoy breakfast very early. At this point the tour ends with our friends the horses, muleteers and cooks. We will continue with the walk until we arrive at the Hydroelectric station. At this point we will enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
- From Hidroeléctrica a famous walk is made to the town of Aguas Calientes. On the route there will be other tourists who want to reach Machu Picchu by this adventurous route. After 2 hours of walking, we will arrive at Machu Picchu town where we will spend the night in a 3-star hotel.
- The final day has come. Very early we will have breakfast in the hotel dining room. Then we will go to the bus station that will take us from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu. This section takes 30 minutes on average.
- Together with our tour guide, we will meet Machu Picchu. Optionally, visitors who decided to add the trek to Huayna Picchu, will be able to ascend this mountain. At the end of the visit, we will descend on foot (or bus for extra cost) to Machu Picchu town. Once there we will have free time to have lunch (own expense), buy souvenirs or simply learn more about this famous town.
- Finally we will take the ‘Expedition’ train that will take us to the town of Ollantaytambo and from there our tourist transport will wait for us to take us back to the city of Cusco where the tour ends.
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Transportation to the start of the walk in Mollepata.
- Equipment for hiking.
- Camping equipment.
- Horsemen team with horse.
- Cooks team (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- Tourist guide service in English and Spanish.
- Train ‘Expedition’ Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes (for the return).
- 1 night in a standard hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu town).
- First aid kit.
- Entrance ‘Machu Picchu Solo’.
- Bus to go up from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Breakfast on day 1. Lunch and dinner on day 5.
- Descent bus to Aguas Calientes on day 5.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu (optional).
What to bring
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Bathing clothes (optional visit to the thermal baths of Machu Picchu town).
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- A jacket.
- Poncho for rain.
- Extra snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable trekking shoes.
- Mosquito repellent.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at a central location in the city, such as a plaza.
- The tour ends at Plaza Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most hotels and tourist restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce symptoms, try to acclimatize yourself one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking infusions of coca leaf (natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.