Trek to the Mountain 7 Colors Full Day
About this tour
- Start: Pick up from 5 in the morning at the door of your hotel.
- Duration: 14 hours.
- Type of transport: Spacious minivan full equipment.
- Tickets included (no queues): Entrance ticket to the Mountain 7 Colors.
- Feeding. Buffet breakfast and lunch.
- Tour guide: En inglés y español (servicio compartido).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Transportation on horseback (Not included).
- immediate confirmation.
- Option to cancel the tour up to 3 days before (under penalty).
Tour to the 7 Colors Mountain in economical service
The tour to the 7 Colors Mountain can also be done in an economical service with all services included except for the tickets to Vinicunca. These tickets are purchased at the Rainbow Mountain itself during the tour for a cost of 25 PEN(15 PEN peruvians) for entry and 5 PEN for pedestrian access to the Andean towns that guard this tourist attraction. Everything else is already included in the tour: pick up from the tourist’s hotel, buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, full transportation and professional tour guide.
- Visit the 7 colors mountain, the second most visited tourist attraction in Cusco after Machu Picchu. The tour includes everything: full transportation, breakfast, lunch, tour guide, and more. The service offers cheap prices for all tourists. Tour the magnificent landscapes of the snowy Ausangate. It is one of the most popular experiences in all of Peru.
This is the experience
- Enjoy the famous Mountain of 7 Colors, one of the most famous tourist attractions in Peru. The 1-day tour includes everything you need for this adventure: complete transportation, breakfast, lunch, tour guide, hiking equipment, and entrance fees. Unlike other tour packages, visitors will not have to queue to pay the entrance fee to the mountain. Likewise, our tour guides are trained in first aid.
7 Colors Mountain Tour Map
- The tour begins with the tourist’s pick-up at the door of their hotel, between 4:30 and 5 in the morning. The group will travel by minivan for almost 2 hours to the town of Cusipata in the south of Cusco.
- In Cusipata each visitor will descend from the minivan to enjoy a buffet breakfast. Afterwards, the group will board the minivan again to go, after 1 hour of travel, to the community of Phulawasipata where the group will get ready to start the trek to the Mountain of 7 Colors.
- The walk to the Vinicunca (name that designates the Mountain of 7 Colors) is difficult due to the altitude of the geography above 5,000 meters above sea level (16,400 ft). The walk lasts between 1 and 2 hours, depending on the physical condition of the visitor. Tourists who require it, can hire a horse and a muleteer with the community members of the place (not included in the tour).
- Once in the 7 Colors Mountain, the visitor will have free time to take the photos they need next to the incredible mountain. During the hike and in the mountains, the tour guide will explain the Andean beliefs and rites that the communities near Vinicunca continue to practice.
- After having enjoyed the scenic beauty of the 7 Colors Mountain, the return path is undertaken in the same way as the outbound trip. The return route on foot is not as difficult as the outward journey. Even so, visitors who require it can request the service of a horse and its muleteer (not included in the tour).
- After boarding the minivan and traveling to the town of Cusipata, tourists will descend to enjoy a buffet lunch. Then the minivan will be taken again to return to the city of Cusco.
- The tour ends at the visitor’s tourist hotel or in a central square of the city at around 5:30 pm.
This is the economic 7 Colors Mountain Tour itinerary
The cheap 7 Colors Mountain tour offers the same itinerary as the all-inclusive classic tour. The only difference is that the economic tour does not include the tickets to Vinicunca. That is, during the tour to the 7 Colors Mountain, the visitor must provide the corresponding amount to their tour guide. He or she will be in charge of making the purchase at the control booths at the Montaña 7 Colores. The itinerary is the same: pick up from the hotel, breakfast, visit Vinicunca, return, lunch and arrival in the city of Cusco.
Differences of the Montaña 7 Colores tour in economic and all-inclusive services
The tour to the 7 Colors Mountain can be done in an all-inclusive tour or in an economic tour. Learn about the differences and similarities of both services and decide to carry out one of the most famous adventures in Cusco and Peru.
7 Colors Mountain Tour with All Inclusive
Economic 7 Colors Mountain Tour
|Beginning of the tour||Between 4.30 am and 5 am at the door of your hotel.||Between 4.30 am and 5 am at the door of your hotel.|
|End of the tour.||Between 5.30 pm and 6 pm at the door of your hotel or in a central square of Cusco.||Between 5.30 pm and 6 pm at the door of your hotel or in a central square of Cusco.|
|Tourist attractions on the tour||Mountain 7 Colors, the Vinicunca.||Mountain 7 Colors, the Vinicunca.|
|Breakfast||Buffet type in a tourist restaurant in Cusipata||Buffet type in a tourist restaurant in Cusipata|
|Lunch||Buffet type in a tourist restaurant in Cusipata||Buffet type in a tourist restaurant in Cusipata|
|Tourist transport||Tourist minivan included||Tourist minivan included|
|Tour guide||Shared service (Spanish and English).||Shared service (Spanish and English).|
|Entrance tickets.||Including. The tourist does not need to make any additional payment to the tour.||Not included. The tourist needs to buy the entrance (25 PEN) in the same tourist site.|
|Tour cost.||40 USD||32 USD|
7 Colors Mountain Tour – SHARED SERVICE
Price per person
|Mountain 7 Colors – All inclusive||40 USD||40 USD|
|Mountain 7 Colors – Economic||32 USD||32 USD|
7 Colors Mountain Tour – PRIVATE SERVICE
|Number of passengers||2||3||4||5||6||7||8 to more|
|Price||130 USD||100 USD||80 USD||70 USD||60 USD||55 USD||50 USD|
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Buffet breakfast.
- Buffet-style lunch.
- Entrance tickets to the mountain 7 colors.
- Comfortable and safe complete transportation.
- Tour guide service in English and Spanish.
- Option to change or cancel the tour up to 3 days before (under penalty).
- Walking sticks.
- Transportation on horseback to the 7 colors mountain.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring?
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- A coat.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable shoes for trekking.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before your visit.
- To reduce the symptoms, try to acclimatize one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking coca leaf infusions (a natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at email@example.com.
Is it dangerous to visit the 7 colors mountain?
No. The tour involves physical effort and exposure to a geography of more than 5,000 meters above sea level. Therefore, it is difficult to make the final trek up the mountain. However, this route is not dangerous. The roads are firm and wide. The tour includes oxygen and a first aid kit.
How much does it cost to rent a horse?
Tourists who have physical problems can choose to ride the final stretch to the 7 colors mountain. The cost of this service (horse with muleteer) is approximately 30 US dollars. The amount is negotiable with the farmer who owns the horse.
Can I go with children?
The children who take the tour must like the walks. Preferably they must be over 8 years old. Everyone has to be accompanied by their parents or an older person with power of attorney. Seniors can also take this tour, as long as they are in good physical condition.
Can the snow prevent seeing the coloration of the mountain?
On some occasions, the snow can cover the tops of the 7-color mountain, preventing you from appreciating its beautiful landscapes. However, it is rare that this happens. Most of the time, the tourist will be able to appreciate these landscapes without problems.
Does the cheap tour to the 7 Colors Mountain include tickets?
No, the economic Vinicunca tour does not include entrance tickets to the 7 Colors Mountain and the towns that protect this tourist attraction. These tickets are purchased by the guide for the tourists. The visitor should only provide the corresponding amount to the professional guide.
Can I cancel the tour to the 7 Colors Mountain?
Yes, the cancellation and reimbursement of the tour are allowed as long as they are made with a last term of 3 days before. The request is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations have a penalty of 25% of the value of the tour (reimbursement of 75% of the value of the tour). The refund will be made by the same means that the tourist used for payment. The time it takes is determined by the payment gateway (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, etc.).
Can I change the date of my tour to the 7 Colors Mountain?
Yes, changes to the date, name or data of the tourists are allowed as long as they are made no later than 3 days before. The request is sent to email@example.com. The changes have a penalty of 10% of the value of the tour, which must be paid to proceed to make the changes.
What does breakfast and lunch include on the tour?
Breakfast and lunch is included in the tour to the 7 Colors Mountain. Both services are carried out in a tourist restaurant in the town of Cusipata. Breakfast includes breads, cereals, fruits, eggs, juices, jam, butter, yogurt, coffee and more. Lunch includes salads, soups, rice, pasta, stews, stews, meats (chicken, alpaca and beef), desserts and hot mates (alcoholic beverages not included).