Mountain Tour 7 Colors Full Day with All Inclusive
- Get to know the most visited tourist attraction in Cusco, after Machu Picchu. It is the incredible Mountain of the 7 Colors, which offers one of the most beautiful landscapes in all of Peru. The tour includes implements for the walk, tour guide, breakfast, lunch, transportation and entrance fees.
About this tour
- Type of transport:
Large minivan with full equipment.
- Tickets included (no queues):
Entrance ticket to the 7 Colors Mountain.
Breakfast and lunch buffet.
- Tourist guide:
In English and Spanish (shared service).
Pick up from 4 in the morning at the door of your hotel.
- Payment methods:
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Free cancellation up to 72 hours before the start of the activity.
So is the experience
- Enjoy the famous Mountain of the 7 Colors, one of the most famous tourist attractions in Peru. The 1-day tour includes everything you need for this adventure: full transportation, breakfast, lunch, tour guide, hiking gear, and entrance fees. Unlike other tour packages, visitors will not have to queue to pay for entry to the mountain. Likewise, our tour guides are trained in first aid.
- Start the tour with the pick up of the tourist at the same door of your hotel. The group will travel by minivan for 1 hour 45 minutes to the town of Cusipata in southern Cusco.
- In Cusipata each visitor will get off the minivan to enjoy a buffet breakfast. Afterwards, the group will board the minivan again to go, after 1 hour of travel, to the community of Pampachiri where the group will get ready to start the trek to the 7 Colors Mountain.
- The hike to Vinicunca (name that designates the 7 Colors Mountain) is difficult due to the geography’s altitude above 5,000 meters of sea level (16,400 ft). The walk lasts between 1 and 2 hours, depending on the physical condition of the visitor. Tourists who require it, may hire a horse and a muleteer with the local community members (not included in the tour).
- Once in the 7 Colors Mountain, the visitor will have free time to take the photos they need next to the incredible mountain. The tour guide will explain during the trek and in the mountains, the Andean beliefs and rites that the communities near Vinicunca continue to practice.
- After having enjoyed the scenic beauty of the 7 Colors Mountain, the return journey is undertaken in the same way as the outward journey. The return route on foot is not as difficult as the outward journey. Even so, visitors who require it can request the service of a horse and its muleteer (not included in the tour).
- After boarding the minivan and traveling to the town of Cusipata, tourists will descend to enjoy a buffet lunch. Then you will take the minivan again to return to the city of Cusco.
- Return to Cusco (at a point in the city center).
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Buffet breakfast.
- Buffet lunch.
- Entrance tickets to the mountain 7 colors.
- Complete comfortable and safe transport.
- Tourist guide service in English and Spanish.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Walking sticks for the walk.
- Transport on horseback to the mountain 7 colors.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes for walks.
- A jacket.
- Poncho for rain.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable trekking shoes.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist at the door of their hotel valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at a central location in the city, such as a plaza.
- The tour ends at Plaza Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most hotels and tourist restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce symptoms, try to acclimatize yourself one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking infusions of coca leaf (natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at email@example.com.