Half day ATV tour in Maras and Moray
About this tour
- Start: At 8 in the morning at the door of your hotel.
- Duration: 6 hours.
- Type of transport: Wide minivan, full equipment quad bike.
- Tickets included (no queues): To the platforms of Moray and the salt mines of Maras.
- Tour guide: Trained in the handling of ATVs. Knowledge of English and Spanish (shared service).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Take an incredible quad bike adventure through the most beautiful landscapes of Cusco, including the circular platforms of Moray and the famous salt mines of Maras. The tour includes easy training in the handling of the quad bike as well as all the safety equipment. During the entire tour, in addition to Maras and Moray, you will be able to appreciate the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, such as the snowy Chicón and Verónica.
So is the experience
- Know the most beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas driving your own quad bike. Start the trip with transportation to the town of Cruz Pata, the starting point where the guide will give you a simple quad bike driving class. Then we will go in a group on board their respective quad bikes, touring the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, such as the snowy Chicón and Verónica. First you will visit the circular platforms of Moray, a set of agricultural terraces that the Incas built many years ago. Today it is one of the most photographed places due to its scenic beauty. Next, tour the Maras salt mines, a set of naturally occurring salt pits hundreds of years ago. Finally we will return to the starting point by quad bike.
- We will pick you up from the door of your hotel (only for hotels located in the historic center of the city) to transfer you to the town of Cruz Pata (the journey takes just under 1 hour).
- In the town of Cruz Pata the tour guide will give you a simple class on how to maneuver the quad bikes. After approximately 30 minutes of preparation, we will begin the tour of the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas such as the snowy Chicón and Verónica.
- Our first destination will be the Moray circular platforms, a set of concentric platforms made by the Incas many years ago. Each platform floor has its own micro-climate. Thus the Incas managed to cultivate different products at different altitudes.
- After visiting Moray we will continue the quad bike route to the famous salt mines of Maras, a group of up to two thousand natural salt wells formed hundreds of years ago. We will know how salt was exploited by the Incas and how the current community members of the place continue to do so. We will also get to know the famous pink salt, one of the few that exists in the world and that is in Maras.
- Finally, we will return to Cruz Pata by quad bike, enjoying the pure air of the mountains. In Cruz Pata the large minivan will wait for us to return to the city of Cusco.
- Pick up from the door of the tourist’s hotel.
- Single or double ATV (not to exceed 150 kilos).
- Quad bike training.
- Safety equipment.
- Entrance tickets to all sites.
- Transport in a comfortable and safe full minivan.
- Tourist guide service in English and Spanish.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Snacks and drinks.
What to bring
- Poncho in case of rain.
- Comfortable clothing (preferably sports).
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Hat and sunscreen.
- Photographic camera.
- Cash for crafts and other extra expenses.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist at the door of their hotel -valid only for hotels in the historic center of the city- (most tourist hotels are there). If your hotel is not there, the transport will pick you up at a central location in the city, such as a square.
- The tour ends at Square Regocijo in the city center (a few steps from most hotels and tourist restaurants).
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- Altitude sickness or soroche can cause you some discomfort during your visit such as dizziness, fatigue or nausea. Try to avoid alcoholic beverages and fatty foods before the visit.
- To reduce symptoms, try to acclimatize yourself one day before to the altitude of the city of Cusco. Drinking infusions of coca leaf (natural plant used by the Incas) is an excellent option.
Group or private services
- The information described applies to shared services (for a varied group of tourists). If you want a private service (for your own group of family or friends) contact us at email@example.com.
Do I have to know how to drive an ATV to do the tour?
The tour includes a quick ATV driving class led by a specialized guide. Therefore, it is not necessary to know how to drive to complete the tour.
Is the tour dangerous?
No. The ATV tour is on flat roads where there are no dangers. No tourist has suffered an accident on the route. In addition, the tour includes protective equipment and first aid service.
Is the tour recommended for children?
Younger children can ride an ATV with their father, mother or an older person. Teenagers can drive their own ATVs under the supervision of their parent.
What month of the year is the best to do the tour?
According to experts who have already made their visit, the months from April to December are the best, since there is little chance of rain during that time of year. January, February and March are the rainiest months although it is also possible to do the tour. Any time of the year is good for this adventure!