Tickets to Inti Raymi: orange, green and red zone
About this service
- Date: june 24.
- Start: Show in Sacsayhuamán starts at 2 pm.
- Show duration: 2 hours approximately.
- Ticket Type: Entrance to orange zone (recommended) / red zone / green zone.
- Optional: Entrance to seat in Coricancha (9 am) / Tourist transport / Box lunch.
- Not included: Transportation, tour guide or food (optional services).
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Every June 24 in the city of Cusco, history, tradition, music and lots of color are breathed. That day the capital of the Inca empire celebrates Inti Raymi, a massive celebration whose origins date back to the Inca era (15th century). The festivities are throughout the city, but mainly in three points: Coricancha, Main Square and Sacsayhuamán. In this last sacred place, the most important show takes place, whose entrance is with one of the three tickets available: the ticket to the orange zone, the ticket to the red zone or the ticket to the green zone. To appreciate it, the tourist must buy one of these tickets, with an estimated anticipation of 2 months before. Recommended!
This is the experience
- The tickets to Inti Raymi allow you to appreciate the famous staging on the Sacsayhuamán esplanade. The show starts at 2 pm on average. The Inca ruler presides over the homage to the sun god, Inti. The show lasts approximately 2 hours. Tickets are divided into three types of seats: seats in the orange zone, seats in the red zone and seats in the green zone. Any of the three tickets allows you to enjoy this incredible show with nearly five hundred actors and actresses from Cusco. Here you can buy tickets safely and in advance. Remember that the ticket must be purchased 1 or 3 months before. Availability is limited.
INTI RAYMI TICKETS
Coricancha + Sacsayhuaman
|Green zone||125 USD||52 USD||170 USD||78 USD|
|Orange zone||195 USD||195 USD||240 USD||240 USD|
|Red zone||195 USD||195 USD||240 USD||240 USD|
INTI RAYMI TICKETS + BUS
Coricancha + Sacsayhuaman
|Green zone||145 USD||72 USD||190 USD||98 USD|
|Orange zone||215 USD||215 USD||260 USD||260 USD|
|Red zone||215 USD||215 USD||260 USD||260 USD|
INTI RAYMI TICKETS + BUS + BOX LUNCH
Coricancha + Sacsayhuaman
|Green zone||170 USD||90 USD||215 USD||115 USD|
|Orange zone||245 USD||245 USD||290 USD||290 USD|
|Red zone||245 USD||245 USD||290 USD||290 USD|
Inti Raymi Map
This is the Inti Raymi
Show in Coricancha (Optional seat)
- The Inti Raymi show takes place on June 24 every year.
- The first show takes place on the Coricancha esplanade with a staging in which the Inca emperor pays homage to the sun god, Inti.
- Emissaries from all corners of the empire dance and pay homage to the sun to the rhythm of live music on Inca instruments.
- The show in Coricancha starts at 9 am and lasts approximately 40 minutes. It does not require tickets (visitors can see it standing from the place they find -reduced spaces-).
- However, for an additional cost, the tourist can request entry to the only seat of the show in Coricancha. Recommended!
Show in Main Square (There are no seats)
- The second show takes place in the Main Square of Cusco, a sacred place where the Huacaypata or main square of Inca ceremonies used to function in the 15th century.
- There is a music show and the presence of hundreds of actors and actresses from Cusco who play the representatives of all the “suyos” or regions of the Inca empire.
- The Inca emperor, the coya (wife) and all his royal entourage make a coca leaf offering in honor of the sun god, just as it was done in Inca times.
- At the end all the actors and actresses parade around the square.
- The show in the Main Square begins at 11 am and lasts approximately 40 minutes. It does not require entrance tickets as all attendees can see it standing from the best location they can find.
- Due to the large number of people, it is recommended to find a space about two hours before.
Show in Sacsayhuamán (With tickets)
- The third show, the main one, takes place on the Sacsayhuamán esplanade, located on the outskirts of the city of Cusco (about 1.5 kilometers on foot).
- The show takes place around a stage whose entrance is allowed with the purchase of the entrance ticket in three zones or seats: the orange zone, the red zone or the green zone.
- Cusqueños also usually watch the show for free, but they must walk up a hill away from the stage. The place is filled with many people, so the best experience is achieved by buying an entrance ticket.
- The show in Sacsayhuamán starts at 2 pm and lasts an average of 2 hours. The Inca emperor leads the offerings to the sun god. The sacrifice of an auquénido (recreation) is carried out. Then all the representatives of the four ‘suyos’ perform a show in Quechua and to the rhythm of music.
- The show is in Quechua, the language of the Incas. The end is at 4 pm with the parade of all the actors and actresses around the esplanade of Sacsayhuamán.
Difference of tickets to Inti Raymi
The tickets to Inti Raymi allow you to appreciate the famous staging on the Sacsayhuamán esplanade. The show starts at 2 pm on average. The Inca ruler presides over the homage to the sun god, Inti.
Tickets to orange zone
Tickets to red zone
Tickets to green zone
|Access||A show in Sacsayhuamán||A show in Sacsayhuamán||A show in Sacsayhuamán|
|Location||Nearby Central zone||Nearby side zone||Lateral zone|
|Perspective||Show centric||Near side of the show||Show side|
|Advance purchase||2 months before||1 month before||1 month before|
|Price||210 USD||210 USD||140 USD|
|Discounts||No||No||Peruvians (55 USD)|
What do the tickets include?
- Entrance to the Inti Raymi show on the Sacsayhuamán esplanade (orange zone, red zone or green zone).
- Entrance to the Inti Raymi show in Coricancha (optional for extra payment).
- Tourist transport (optional for extra payment).
- Official tour guide (optional within the all-inclusive tour).
- Lunch or any type of food (optional for extra payment).
What to bring to Inti Raymi?
- Passport (or identity document).
- Hat or cap.
- Comfortable clothes.
- A windbreaker jacket.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Comfortable slippers.
- Photographic camera.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- The city of Cusco is located at 3,399 meters above sea level. At that altitude it is common to feel the symptoms of altitude sickness such as: fatigue, nausea, migraine and even drowsiness. However, the symptoms disappear after two days, as the organism adapts to the mountainous geography.
- However, for better acclimatization it is recommended to avoid fatty foods and alcoholic beverages.
Frequently asked questions about the tickets to Inti Raymi
What is Inti Raymi?
The Inti Raymi is a Cusco celebration that vindicates their ancestors the Incas whose capital was in the current city of Cusco. Every June 24, a tourist staging takes place in three settings: the Coricancha esplanade, the Main Square and the Sacsayhuamán esplanade. Hundreds of actors and actresses participate who dance to the rhythm of Andean music with Inca instruments. The script follows the chronicles of the Inca festival of Wawa Inti Raymi.
What are the Inti Raymi tickets for?
The Inti Raymi show in Sacsayhuamán can only be seen in available seats around the esplanade. Just buying the tickets allows you to enter and appreciate the main show in one of the three available seats: the orange seat zone, the red seat zone and the green seat zone.
How much do the tickets to Inti Raymi cost?
The entrance tickets to the Inti Raymi (main show in Sacsayhuamán) cost 190 USD in the orange zone, 190 USD in the green zone and 130 USD in the green zone. Peruvians have a discount in this last zone (56 USD).
What does the orange zone ticket offer?
The ticket to the orange zone offers a central view of the Inti Raymi spectacle in Sacsayhuamán. It is considered the best zone because it allows a better angle of view.
What does the entrance to the red zone of Inti Raymi offer?
The ticket to the red zone offers a close side view of the Inti Raymi spectacle in Sacsayhuamán. Allows a good viewing angle of the show. It is recommended along with the ticket to the orange zone.
And what does the entrance to the green zone offer?
The ticket to the green zone offers a side view of the Inti Raymi show in Sacsayhuamán. It allows a good angle, although somewhat further away compared to the other zones (orange and red). However, it is the most economical seat, which still allows you to appreciate this incredible show up close.
How long before should I buy the tickets to Inti Raymi?
Tickets to the Inti Raymi show in Sacsayhuamán have limited availability. Therefore, it is recommended to purchase them online 1, 2 or even 3 months in advance. Tickets usually sell out with 1 month left for the show.
Can I cancel my ticket to Inti Raymi?
No, tickets to the Sacsayhuamán show cannot be canceled according to the Emufec authorities, which regulates the entry of visitors to this spectacular staging.
Can I change the date of my ticket to Inti Raymi?
No, the tickets to the Sacsayhuamán show cannot be modified according to the Emufec authorities, which regulates the entry of visitors to this spectacular staging. Remember that the show is held once a year.
Does the entrance to Inti Raymi include transportation and a tour guide?
No, the tickets to Inti Raymi only offer admission to one of the seats arranged at the show in Sacsayhuamán on June 24. Does not include transportation service, professional guidance or food. However, for an additional payment, the tourist can add any of these services or even all of them (an all-inclusive tour). You choose!
Which Inti Raymi entry is the best?
- Orange zone – The orange zone allows you to see the Inti Raymi spectacle in Sacsayhuaman from a front zone. It is the most recommended type of ticket. Seats have limited availability, so it is recommended to make a reservation 2 to 3 months in advance.
- Green zone – The green zone allows a side view of the Inti Raymi spectacle. However, since the show revolves around the audience, you still get a good view of the show. The green zone is the cheapest entrance. Advance reservations are recommended as availability is limited.
- Red zone – The seats in the red zone are those with a side view but closer to the Inti Raymi show in Sacsayhuaman. It has the same cost as the orange zone (the latter is the one that runs out of availability the fastest). It is recommended to purchase the tour in advance.
Why choose the seats at the Inti Raymi show in Coricancha?
- Comfortable seats – The seats of the Inti Raymi show at the Coricancha are comfortable and safe. This show is free for all. However, tourists appreciate this stand-up show surrounded by a crowd. The seats allow you to appreciate the show in a private zone with total comfort.
- Privileged place – The seats have a privileged space from where you can see the show with a close view. Attendees will be able to get the best photos of the show from the comfort of their seat. The seats have limited availability, so it is recommended to make a reservation 2 or 3 months in advance.
- Avoid crowds – The Inti Raymi show in Coricancha is free to the public. Because of this, attendees look for a better place up to three hours before the show. To avoid these inconveniences, it is recommended to reserve the seats for the show in Coricancha. Seats are private and are reserved for an extra cost on the tour.