Tour Pastoruri glacier in Huaraz Full Day
About this tour
- Start: Pick up from the tourist’s hotel in the city of Huaraz between 8.40 and 9.30 in the morning.
- Duration: 14 hours (full day).
- Type of transport: Complete tourist transportation on the tour.
- Tickets (included): Entry ticket to all tourist attractions.
- Tour guide: Professional guide in Spanish or English.
- Tourist attractions to visit: Huascarán National Park, Llanganuco ravine, Laguna 69.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Take an incredible adventure to one of the highest tourist spots in Peru, the snow capped Pastoruri (5,200 meters above sea level). The tour allows you to observe beautiful landscapes of the White mountain range, with temperatures between 5ºC. and -2ºC. The tour also includes a stop to see the Puya Raimondi, a plant from the Andes Mountains that can reach 12 meters. On the route you will also be able to see cave paintings, lagoons, snow capped mountains and more. The tour includes everything you need: pick-up from the hotel in Huaraz, tourist transportation, entrance to all tourist attractions, professional guide and return to the hotel. The service lasts approximately 9 hours: from 9 in the morning to 7 at night.
This is the experience
- The tour offers an adventurous experience in one of the highest snow capped mountains in Peru, Pastoruri (5,200 meters above sea level). The service begins with the pick-up of the tourist at the door of their hotel in the city of Huaraz between 8.30 and 9 in the morning. Then a trip is made through Andean towns such as Recuay, Catac, Ticapampa until arriving at the Pumpashimin sector where you will see the 7-color lagoon, as well as a Raumondi puma forest, an emblematic plant of Peru. After observing a mural with cave paintings, we began the 1-hour walk to Pastoruri. The tour concludes with the tourist’s return to their hotel in Huaraz at around 7 pm.
Pastoruri Snowy Tour
Price per person
|Pastoruri Snowy Tour||35 USD||30 USD|
- The tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist from the door of their tourist hotel in the city of Huaraz (urban area) between 8.40 and 9.30 in the morning
- Then, aboard a tourist transport, we will travel to the White mountain range. On the route we will appreciate beautiful Andean landscapes, as well as picturesque towns such as Recuay (3,422 meters above sea level), Ticapampa (3,456 meters above sea level) and Catac (3,466 meters above sea level).
- In the Pachacoto ravine we will arrive at the Patococha lagoon where there is an Andean landscape with wild ducks and the Pumapampa spring, also called ‘The fountain of youth’.
- During the journey we will also appreciate the little lake of 7 colors (in the Pumapashimin sector). There we will stop to appreciate the famous Raimondi puya, an endemic species that survives in the high and cold geographies of the Andes Mountains (at altitudes above 3,800 meters above sea level).
- Next, we will take an incredible walk through high Andean geographies until we arrive at the snow capped Pastoruri, a point located at about 5 thousand meters of elevation. Always with the company of our professional tour guide we will get incredible photos of lagoons and snow that, unfortunately, are in the process of thawing as a result of climate change.
- After visiting Pastoruri we will return along the same route to the camp where we will appreciate boarding the tourist transportation back to Huaraz.
- In the town of Catac we will stop to enjoy a delicious tourist lunch (not included in the tour). Finally we will return to the tourist’s hotel at the door of their hotel in Huaraz at approximately 7 pm.
Included in the tour
- Pick up the visitor at the door of their hotel in the city of Huaraz.
- Complete round-trip tourist transportation.
- Professional bilingual tour guide.
- Entrance to all the tourist attractions described.
- Return to the tourist’s hotel in Huaraz.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Tour date change option.
- Tourist lunch.
What to bring?
- Clothes for low temperatures (from 4ºC to 0ºC).
- Cap or hat.
- Passport or identity document.
- Cash (for additional purchases such as tourist lunch).
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the tourist being picked up at the door of their hotel in the city of Huaraz between 8:40 and 9:30 in the morning.
- The tour ends with the tourist’s return to the city of Huaraz at 7 pm.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- The Pastoruri snow capped mountain is located in the White mountain range about 5 thousand meters above sea level. At that altitude it is common to suffer some symptoms of altitude sickness, also called soroche.
- To reduce the symptoms of altitude sickness, it is advisable to stay one or two nights beforehand in the city of Huaraz (3,052 meters above sea level). Thus the visitor can better acclimatize to the high Andean geography. It is also advisable to drink hot infusions and avoid greasy foods.
Group or private services
- Do you want to take the Pastoruri glacier Tour in private service? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (+51) 982 108 083.
What is Pastoruri?
The Pastoruri snow capped mountain and glacier is one of the most famous tourist attractions in the Áncash region. It is located in the White mountain range, at a maximum altitude of 5,240 meters above sea level. There you can get beautiful photos of lagoons, mountains and snow capped mountains. In this geography you can also see the Raimondi puya, an emblematic plant species of Peru. Due to the effects of climate change, it is considered that the snow on the crust could disappear in approximately twenty years.
What are the temperatures in the snowy Pastoruri?
The Pastoruri snow capped mountain is located in a high Andean geography of 5 thousand meters of elevation on average. At that altitude the climate is cold with icy winds and frequent rains. The average temperature during the visit is 4ºC.
What are the tourist services included in the Pastoruri glacier Full Day tour?
The Pastoruri Full Day tour includes pick-up from the tourist’s hotel, complete tourist transportation (round trip), professional tourist guide (in English or Spanish), entrance to all tourist attractions, as well as return to the visitor’s hotel in Huaraz. Does not include tourist lunch.
How to cancel the Pastoruri glacier Full Day tour?
The Pastoruri glacier Full Day tour is subject to cancellation. To do this you can send an email to email@example.com (5 days as the latest deadline). Cancellation has a penalty of 25% of the amount paid (refund of 75% of the total amount).
How to change the date of the Pastoruri glacier Full Day tour?
The Pastoruri glacier Full Day tour is subject to change of date or name of tour holders. To do this you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Changes to the tour have a penalty of 10% of the tour value.
How do I pay for the Pastoruri glacier Full Day tour?
Payment for the Pastoruri glacier Full Day tour is made through the Machupicchu Terra website (payment is 100% of the value of the service). All payment methods are secure through credit or debit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal.
Is the tour to Pastoruri glacier dangerous?
The Pastoruri glacier Full Day tour is carried out in compliance with all security measures for a safe trip. The service has a first aid kit, as well as a tour guide trained in emergency assistance. Travel safe!
When is the best date to take the tour to the snowy Pastoruri?
The best date to take the tour to the snow capped Pastoruri is in the dry season months, which are: April, May, June, July and August. In those months the frequency of rain is low, which makes the route safer. January, February and March are the rainiest months and it is recommended to bring a rain poncho and good shoes.