Tour Chavín of Huántar Full Day
About this tour
- Start: Pick up from the tourist’s hotel in the city of Huaraz(between 8.50 am and 9.30 am).
- Duration: 10 hours (full day).
- Type of transport: Tourist transportation for the entire tour.
- Tickets (included): Entry ticket to all tourist attractions.
- Tour guide: Professional tour guide (Spanish – English) throughout the tour.
- Tourist attractions to visit: Chavín of Huántar archaeological site, Conchucos alley, Querococha lagoon.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
- Get to know one of the most historic and famous Andean temples in Peru. The Chavín of Huántar archaeological site is considered World Heritage. It was a religious temple of the Chavín culture, one of the oldest in America (1,550 BC – 550 BC). It is famous for its cabezas clavas and sandeel. The tour allows you to get to know it in the company of a professional tour guide. The tour also includes pick-up from the hotel, entrance fees, and tourist transportation service. The service begins with the pick-up at 9 in the morning and ends with the return to Huaraz at 7 at night.
This is the experience
- The tour offers a historical experience full of beautiful landscapes. The Chavín of Huántar Full Day tour begins with pickup from the tourist’s hotel in the city of Huaraz (between 8.50 am and 9.30 am). Aboard a tourist transport, a tourist trip will be made through Andean towns such as Recuay, Catac until entering the Conchucos valley and seeing the Querococha lagoon. Upon arrival in the town of Chavín you will visit a tourist restaurant (not included). Then you travel to the archaeological site of Chavín of Huántar, always in the company of a professional guide. Finally, the return trip to the city of Huaraz is made. The tour ends at approximately 7 pm.
Chavín de Huántar Tour
Price per person
|Chavín de Huántar Tour||35 USD||35 USD|
- The Chavín of Huántar Full Day tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist from the door of their hotel in the city of Huaraz (3,052 meters above sea level), capital of the department of Áncash. Pick-up takes place in the urban tourist area of the city between 8.50 am and 9 am.
- Aboard a tourist transport we will travel to the Conchucos Valley where we will appreciate beautiful Andean landscapes, as well as Andean towns such as: Recuay, Ticapampa as well as Cátac. In the area belonging to the Huascarán National Park, a stop will be made to visit the Querococha lagoon (3,980 meters above sea level). There we can get memorable photos of the mountains and the icy waters of the lagoon.
- After a moment of rest next to a natural landscape we will continue the trip. We will cross the Cahuish tunnel, which is 480 meters long and connects the Huaylash alley with the Conchucos alley.
- In addition, we will cross the towns of Máchac, Quercos and Chavín. In this town we will visit the famous archaeological site of Chavín of Huántar (3,180 meters above sea level), one of the oldest and most important in Peru. The tourist visit will be in the company of our tour guide. We will have the opportunity to tour its internal galleries, its adobe and stone walls, the emblematic Lanzón, as well as the majestic cabezas clavas.
- On the way back we will stop in the town of Chavín. There, around 2 in the afternoon, we will stop to enjoy a delicious lunch at a tourist restaurant.
- At approximately 4 in the afternoon we will begin the return trip to the city of Huaraz. The tour ends with transfer to the tourist’s hotel at 7 pm.
Included in the tour
- Pick up the tourist at the door of their hotel in the center of Huaraz.
- Complete tourist transportation (the entire tour).
- Professional tourism guide in Spanish or English.
- Admission ticket to all the tourist attractions to be visited.
- Return to the tourist’s hotel in Huaraz.
- Tour cancellation option.
- Tour date change option.
- Tourist lunch in Chavín.
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothing with a coat for the night.
- Cap or hat.
- Passport or identity document.
- Cash (for additional purchases such as tourist lunch).
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour begins with the tourist being picked up at the door of their hotel in the city of Huaraz between 8.50 am and 9.30 am.
- The tour ends with the tourist’s return to the city of Huaraz at 7 pm.
How to prevent altitude sickness?
- The archaeological site of Chavín of Huántar is located in the Áncash region at about 3,180 meters above sea level. At that altitude it is common to suffer some symptoms of altitude sickness, also called soroche.
- To relieve symptoms, it is recommended to spend one or two nights beforehand in the city of Huaraz (3,052 meters above sea level). In this way, the tourist can better acclimatize to the Andean geography and respond better to altitude sickness. It is also recommended to drink hot infusions and avoid greasy foods.
Group or private services
- Do you want to take the Chavín of Huántar Full Day Private Service Tour? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (+51) 982 108 083.
What is Chavín of Huántar?
Chavín of Huántar is an archaeological site located in the Áncash region in the central highlands of Peru. It was built by the Chavín culture (1,500 BC – 300 BC) as an administrative center and religious temple. It has constructions made of mud and stone where the castle or main temple stands out, as well as the lance or the cabezas clavas. It is considered a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
What are the tourist services included in the tour?
The Chavín of Huántar Full Day tour in Áncash lasts 10 hours (from 9 am to 7 pm) and includes: pick-up from the tourist’s hotel, complete tourist transportation, professional tour guide, entrance to all tourist attractions, as well as Return to the visitor’s hotel in Huaraz.
Can I see the cabezas clavas or the Lanzón on the Chavín of Huántar Full Day tour?
Yes, the tour includes a visit to the most famous constructions of the Chavín of Huántar archaeological site: the cabezas clavas and the lance.
How to cancel the Chavín of Huántar Full Day tour?
You can cancel the Chavín of Huántar Full Day tour by requesting it via email to email@example.com. Remember that the last deadline to send the email is up to 5 days before. Likewise, the penalty for cancellation is 25% of the amount paid, that is, a refund is 75% of the total amount.
How to change the travel day of the Chavín of Huántar Full Day tour?
You can make changes to the Chavín of Huántar Full Day tour by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email you must specify the change you wish to make (date or service owners). The penalty for the change is 10% of the tour amount.
How can I make payment for the Chavín of Huántar Full Day tour?
Payment for the Chavín of Huántar Full Day tour is made online through our website by sending 100% of the tour value. Remember that you can do it using Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal cards. They are all reliable payment methods that protect your personal information.
What is the weather like in Chavín of Huántar?
The town of Chavín (where the archaeological site of Chavín of Huántar is located) has a temperate and warm climate with temperatures that vary from 6ºC. up to 23ºC, with more intense rains from November to March.
What other tourist attractions to visit in the Ancash region?
In addition to Chavín of Huántar, you can visit other tourist attractions in the Áncash region such as: the city of Huaraz, lagoon 69, Llanganuco lagoon, Churup lagoon, the Huayhuash mountain range, the Yungay holy field or the Park Huascaran National.