Luxury Amazon River Cruise Tour in Peru 5 days and 4 nights
About this tour
- Start: Every Monday at the Iquitos airport (or at your hotel in Iquitos, you arrive earlier).
- Duration: 5 days and 4 nights
- Type of service: Aria Amazonas luxury cruise service with everything included.
- Tourist attractions to visit: Iquitos, Pacaya Samiria, Amazon River, Ucayali River, Marañón River, flora and fauna of the Peruvian Amazon.
- Tour guide: Professional tour guide for each excursion.
- Languages: Spanish and English.
- Suites: Includes suites with air conditioning, polished wooden floors, glass wall with views of the Amazon River, rain showers, soft lighting, king size bed (or two single beds).
- Feeding: 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners.
- Payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, PayPal.
- Boarding is every Monday of the year.
- Immediate confirmation.
- The ‘Luxury Amazon River Cruise in Peru 5 days and 4 nights’ tour offers a luxurious adventure through the Peruvian Amazon. The Aria cruise is a luxurious service that in each of its suites offers: air conditioning, polished wooden floors, glass wall (with beautiful views of the Amazon River), rain showers, soft lighting, king size bed (or two single beds), etc. During the trip, the tourist will enjoy areas such as a dining room (exquisite Peruvian cuisine), an indoor lounge, an outdoor lounge and more. The service includes a visit to the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve, the Ucayali, Marañón, Amazonas rivers and a great diversity of flora and fauna. Everything in all-inclusive service!
This is the experience
- Live a luxury experience along the Amazon River in Peru. The ‘Aria Amazon’ cruise includes all the comfort in a luxurious vessel. The service lasts 5 days and 4 nights. The first day is the welcome, the visit to the city of Iquitos and boarding the cruise. The second day is the excursion along the Yanallpa River and the Dorado River. On the third day we will navigate the Pacaya, Ucayali and Tapiche rivers to see a wide variety of flora and fauna. On the fourth day we will get to know the lifestyle of an Amazonian people. On the last day we will visit a manatee rescue center and return to the Iquitos airport. The service is all included: transportation, food, guides, tickets and more.
The itinerary during the low water season (from June to October)
From June 1 to October 31, the waters of the Amazon River and its tributaries lose part of their powerful flow. This causes some small changes to the itinerary. In those months the pier is located in the community of Nauta where the adventure begins. The rest of the itinerary is almost similar. The last day of the service you arrive at the city of Iquitos via the Nauta pier (in the high water itinerary from November to May, the disembarkation is directly in the city of Iquitos. In both cases the service includes 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners. The ship’s facilities are the same throughout the year.
Day 1 (Monday):
- Everything starts with pick-up at your hotel in the city of Iquitos or from the airport on Monday (boarding day).
- In the afternoon the visitor will enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant – depending on the weather, a box lunch may also be offered on the way to the boat.
- In addition, the visitor will be able to learn a little more about the city of Iquitos and an Amazonian community. There you will learn more about their customs and traditions.
- At night you board the Aria Amazon cruise ship. The visitor will settle into their comfortable suite that includes amenities such as: air conditioning, polished wooden floors, glass wall overlooking the Amazon River, rain showers, soft lighting, king size bed (or two single beds).
- After settling in you will get to know the beautiful spaces of the cruise. In the restaurant you will enjoy the first of several gastronomic experiences (food included). The kitchen will be in charge of chef Pedro Miguel Schiaffino.
Day 2 (Tuesday):
- The second day begins with a beautiful sunrise where, in addition, Amazonian birds can be seen. Then the visitor can enjoy breakfast in the cruise ship’s spacious dining room.
- Later, aboard a boat, you can explore the waters of the Yanallpa River (a tributary of the Amazon River) with black water.
- Upon disembarking, the visitor will be able to explore the jungle always in the company of a professional tour guide. You will also be able to discover the great variety of waters, fish and mammals of the Amazon jungle.
- After lunch, the visitor can continue exploring the El Dorado River aboard a boat with their professional guide. There you can observe the varied nocturnal wildlife.
- After dinner you can rest in your comfortable suite on the Aria Amazon boat.
Day 3 (Wednesday):
- On the third day, after breakfast, the adventure begins with a boat ride through the waters of the Pacaya River in the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve.
- During the walk the visitor will be able to appreciate beautiful Amazonian landscapes, as well as unique species such as egrets, capuchin monkeys and Taricaya turtles.
- After the delicious lunch, the visitor will be able to see a fishing demonstration of the freshwater fish Paiche (which can weigh up to 250 kilos). All excursions will be in the company of a professional tour guide.
- At night the visitor can continue sailing through the waters of the Ucayali River where, with a little luck, they will be able to see the famous river dolphin (pink dolphin) in its natural habitat.
- In the evening you will enjoy a tourist dinner and rest in your luxurious suite at the Aria Amazon.
Day 4 (Thursday):
- On the fourth day the visitor has several activities from which they can choose: swimming in the calm waters of the river, walking through the Amazon jungle or canoeing.
- After breakfast you can take the morning to choose one of the excursions, always in the company of expert professionals.
- In the afternoon, after the exquisite lunch, the visitor will be able to see Lake Clavero, the Yarapa River and learn the customs of a remote town that inhabits the Peruvian Amazon.
- At dusk the visitor will meet the crew of the luxury ship Aria Amazon. Then you can enjoy the relaxing compartments of the cruise.
- After dinner you can rest your last night in your luxurious suite.
Day 5 (Friday):
- On the last day of the cruise, after a delicious breakfast, the boat will arrive in the city of Iquitos. After descending, the tourist will be able to visit a local market where there are surprising products from the Peruvian Amazon.
- Later, in the community of San Francisco, you will visit a Manatee rescue center.
- The service concludes with the transfer of the visitor to the Iquitos airport where the farewell takes place.
- Pick up from the airport (Monday).
- Transport to the pier.
- 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners.
- Luxury suites offering air conditioning, polished wooden floors, glass wall overlooking the Amazon River, rain showers, soft lighting , king size bed (or two single beds) and more.
- Transfers in modern canoes through the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve.
- Entrance to all tourist attractions.
- Security team.
- Professional tour guide for each excursion.
- Service date change option.
- Service cancellation option.
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothing for hot tropical weather (polo, shorts, sandals, etc.).
- Cap or hat for sun protection.
- Insect repellent.
- Passport or identity document.
- Photo camera.
- Identity document or passport.
- Backpack suitable for excursions in the jungle.
Where does the tour start and end?
- The ‘Luxury Amazon River Cruise Tour in Peru 5 days and 4 nights’ begins with the pick-up of the visitor at the door of their hotel or at the airport in the city of Iquitos on Mondays (previously coordinated).
- The service concludes with transfer to your hotel or the airport in the city of Iquitos.
Is there altitude sickness in Iquitos?
- Iquitos has an Amazonian geography which does not cause any type of difficulty with altitude or mountain sickness.
Pick up in private service
- Do you want a private service tour pick-up? To request it, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (+51) 982 108 083.
What is the food like on the ‘Luxury Amazon River Cruise Tour in Peru 5 days and 4 nights’?
The tour includes 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners. All meals offer the best of Peruvian cuisine. The kitchen of the Aria Amazon cruise ship will be in charge of chef Pedro Miguel Schiaffino.
When is the best time to take the ‘Luxury Amazon River Cruise Tour in Peru 5 days and 4 nights’?
The cruise aboard the Aria Amazon can be done throughout the year (departs every Monday). From November to May is the time of high water while from June to October is the time of low water. The itinerary varies in some details depending on the time of year.
What are the suites on the Aria Amazonas cruise like?
The ‘Luxury Amazon River Cruise Tour in Peru 5 days and 4 nights’ offers air-conditioned suites, polished wooden floors, glass wall with incredible views of the Amazon River and Amazonian landscapes, rain showers , soft lighting, king size bed (or two single beds) and excellent quality utensils.
Does the Aria Amazonas cruise include excursions?
Yes, the Aria Amazonas cruise includes excursions along the tributaries of the Amazon River, the Marañón River, the Ucayali River, walking routes through the Peruvian Amazon and visits to traditional jungle communities.
What to bring to the ‘Luxury Amazon River Cruise Tour in Peru 5 days and 4 nights’?
To take the tour it is recommended to bring light clothing for the hot tropical climate, sandals, a cap or hat, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, rain poncho, swimsuit, documents, card or cash.
What is the weather like during the ‘Luxury Amazon River Cruise Tour in Peru 5 days and 4 nights’ cruise?
The weather during the cruise varies between 25ºC. and 30ºC. However, on board the cruise the weather is cool (23ºC.). The suites also have air conditioning.
Where does the ‘Luxury Amazon River Cruise Tour in Peru 5 days and 4 nights’ start?
The tour begins with the pick-up of the visitor at the airport in the city of Iquitos (on Mondays) or at the visitor’s hotel in the city of Iquitos.
How to purchase the ‘Luxury Amazon River Cruise Tour in Peru 5 days and 4 nights’?
You can purchase the tour through the Machupicchu Terra website. After completing the personal information, you must make the payment with any Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal card. You can also request the payment link with your sales advisor by phone or WhatsApp.